FF7R secret bombing demo: This blows away every other upcoming AAA RPG in scope and gameplay!

• 158 results
VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@calvincfb: True, very true.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

@boxrekt: Lol do you ever get sick of having temper tantrums and being wrong, cashangry?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

Where is the gameplay?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 VFighter

@heirren: There's a lot out there, Google/youtube is your friend.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@vfighter:

Unfortunately i avoid both lol. I fill my google searches with the most asinine things you could imagine(got a little drama queen on me, among others), and most of youtube is just one big commercial.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@heirren: there's a 10 minute gameplay video which features the first boss fight, it's amazing.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

I'm more hyped for Persona 5 Royal than this.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

I still wanna know if this is the complete FF7 price or just the first of 3 parts. How can people be hyped to preorder this thing if we don’t actually know what we’re paying for yet? Is FF7 gonna cost $180 for the complete base game? Will there be a complete edition for cheaper? Will a GOTY edition release a year later at $20? This is the shiz I wanna know. No way am I preordering this game even though I love me some FF7.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#109  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

While i'm hyped for the game ... i wouldn't quote Max on this one ... he is a massive fanboy and he rarely makes objective comments when it comes to their favorite games (he called Third Strike the best figthing game ever ... so yeah, not trust worthy).

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 VFighter

@vaidream45: I think I answered this already in a different thread, each "episode" is a full fledged game so its probably going to cost the same as a full priced game. Episode 1 is expected to be 50+ hours filling 2 blu ray disc, I don't mind paying full price for that.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

I had trouble firugin out whether there was actually a demo there... as in it was just cop complicated for me to learn if there was anything new...

I'm pretty sure the point is FF7 is in great shape and we'll see a lot of great things going forward.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Vaidream45

@vfighter: so you’re saying the entire game is gonna cost $180 then.....??

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@calvincfb said:

@i_p_daily: the next box will too, salty boy, don't worry.

Get use to this alt boy you will be seeing it a lot LMFAO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@remiks00 said:
@i_p_daily said:

So the PS5 will get a remaster of the remake lol.

So when it releases it will be 33% great and 66% missing :)

I await the incoming meltdown from the OP (aka as cashangry) when someone calls the game crap lol.

Wow.....I remember that retard, man I've been away too long lol

Yeah the OP gives it away with the way he post, so aggressive and rambles on about shit even when owned, classic cashangry behaviour. You would think that when they comeback they would try to be different but they fall back to who they really are in real life, quacknight is another great example of this, oh and that clavin person.

And they are all cows, such a toxic fanbase :(

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8495 Posts

@vfighter said:

@pc_rocks: A stupid statement, but that's on par with most of your post I guess.

When a stupid person calls something stupid - that means it's right on point. So thanks for enforcing my stand.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Calvincfb

@pc_rocks: yes, we know PC gaming is stupid. ;)

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I will get it when it releases but I stay sceptical. To me looks like it has a lot of style and only little substance. I't prety much mashing a button until you get one ATB bar to select one command. It looks like a dumped down FF15

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@vaidream45 said:

That's like saying the entire "game" of the 3 games within the trilogy of Final Fantasy XIII cost $180. Or like saying the "game" that comprises the trilogy of The Witcher cost $180 ect.

Don't be an idiot or act like you can't process the English language. The producer has clearly explained how they are making this game.

What part about, "FF7R is being built as a fully stand alone Final Fantasy game." don't you understand?

FF7R is NOT 1997's FF7 on PS1 broken up into different parts!

FF7R is a reimagining of the entire FF7 story line going in depth focusing on specific portions of the story to create new games.

Loading Video...

I may be fair to say it will cost more than $60 to finish the entire STORY LINE of FF7R (no different than any numbered series) but stop trying to say "entire game" as if it's not going to be a fully fleshed out game by itself.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By BoxRekt

Unless people are going to start bitching about every "game" that has a numbered series in a story line, there shouldn't be any backlash because Square said up front it's going to be multiple games in the FF7R story line.

It is kinda their fault though.

Square should have never said the word "episodic" when describing FF7R because now everyone stuck on thinking they are getting an unfinished game when it's actually a full game only being told over multiple projects within an expanded version FF7's story line.

Cory Borlog has already come out after God of War PS4 explaining he has 5 more "games" planned in the STORY LINE of the series. NO ONE complained. Square used terrible wording but what they meant is no different than this for FF7R.

Square isn't using FF7 "the game" as a reference when making FF7R, they are using an expanded version of FF7's *story line* to create the projects.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@Jag85 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

After all this time they still can't show us a boss fight from start to finish

Fake news. They already showed-off the entire first boss battle at E3:

Final Fantasy VII E3 Trailers

Ah yes, a chopped "so fast and flashy" version that barely gives you an idea.

You guys are easily marketed to huh?

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Calvincfb

@kali-b1rd said:
@Jag85 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

wut? 10 minutes with detailed gameplay is chopped "so fast and flashy" to you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcGoJnswGb8

It's all there.

I still think you're totally overreacting.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

@calvincfb said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Jag85 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

wut? 10 minutes with detailed gameplay is chopped "so fast and flashy" to you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcGoJnswGb8

It's all there.

I still think you're totally overreacting.

How is it overreacting?

How many RPG's spend 40 hours in one location? How diverse can you make midgar? How was it beneficial AT ALL to make an entire fucking game around midgar?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#124 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I don't know what is meant by unparalleled scope since from what we know so far the remake has a smaller scope then the original game.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#125 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

*BOOM BOOM BOOM* "OPEN UP! THIS IS THE HYPERBOLE POLICE!"

I wouldn't call an episodic game unparalleled in scope... If it had any ambition, it would be one game. Not an unspecified number. But, you know, gotta crank out that cash!

Also the gameplay looks like complete trash. It looks pretty visually speaking, but not very deep or very fun. And is player agency not a thing in this game? Looks linear and binary as all hell.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
@boxrekt said:
@fedor said:

@calvincfb: I specifically was talking to him about Dark Souls and TW3DM. You're the one who jumped into the middle of it.

He's also the one claiming "any game with physical and real time combat that uses a cutting weapon is a hack n slash", which you called dumb thinking...

It's ok, you agree with me, buddy. We can be friendly, you don't have to blindly agree with cashangry/tgob like a sheep.

Dragonfire was the one who came into the argument calling FF7R hack n Salsh when claiming Dark Souls and TW3 was not.

That's why you shouldn't jump in the middle of a discussion trying to be it's spokesman when you don't know what the hell is going on.

When you FIRST said FF7R was also not hack n slash I said, "ok, as long as you're across the board".After that you've tried backtrack and wiggle the argument back to FF7R possibly being hack n slash with "if" situations.

At that point I had enough of your white knight BS and mental gymnastics to defend the argument of a fellow PC fanboy who had already abandoned the argument after contradicting himself and getting owned for it.

The way I used the term hack and slash, I meant games that are fast paced with little to no difficulty because you can spam away at the attack button to win.

Here's the wiki. "Journalists covering the video game industry often use the term "hack and slash" to refer to a distinct genre of 3Dthird-person, weapon-based, melee action games, including titles such as Sengoku BASARA[9], Devil May Cry, Dynasty Warriors, Ninja Gaiden, God of War, Genji, No More Heroes, Bayonetta, Darksiders and Dante's Inferno.[10][11]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hack_and_slash

Do you see Dark Souls in there? Or The Witcher 3?

It says hack and slash harkens back to the days of dungeons and dragons, but I explained in my post that I want melee gameplay that has a high difficulty modifier, which you CHOSE to exclude from your reply. You twisted my words to somehow fit a stupid narrative.

I'm not saying that definitively, FF7 remake is a hack and slash. I'm only saying that the videos they have released make it LOOK like a hack and slash, which is why I didn't take anything this youtuber said seriously.

You really are getting butt hurt over this after cutting out half of my post. You brought this on yourself, not me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@boxrekt said:
@vaidream45 said:

That's like saying the entire "game" of the 3 games within the trilogy of Final Fantasy XIII cost $180. Or like saying the "game" that comprises the trilogy of The Witcher cost $180 ect.

Don't be an idiot or act like you can't process the English language. The producer has clearly explained how they are making this game.

What part about, "FF7R is being built as a fully stand alone Final Fantasy game." don't you understand?

FF7R is NOT 1997's FF7 on PS1 broken up into different parts!

FF7R is a reimagining of the entire FF7 story line going in depth focusing on specific portions of the story to create new games.

Loading Video...

I may be fair to say it will cost more than $60 to finish the entire STORY LINE of FF7R (no different than any numbered series) but stop trying to say "entire game" as if it's not going to be a fully fleshed out game by itself.

So once you get to the end of the first "episode" can you complete the game by beating the last boss?

If the answer is no, then yes its going to cost you $180 to finish the actual game as it will all be tied to FF7.

Further more if its a stand alone FF game why is it not called FF16???

The damage control from you is glorious though, and we're all getting a good laugh from you cashangry :)

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#128 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19625 Posts

@kali-b1rd: Virtually every single person that has actually played the gameplay demo has raved about FF7R's gameplay and combat, some calling it one of the best ARPG combat systems and some comparing it to even Devil May Cry. Your arguments against FF7R's gameplay and combat are entirely baseless.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Vaidream45

@i_p_daily: I know! I understand he is a fanboy and I’m kinda a Final Fantasy fanboy too but this line of thinking is stupid. This is NOT 3 games. This is 1 game that is less than 1/3 developed and instead of releasing like other games do in episodic format being about $15 per episode they have convinced people that this is 3 games so they can charge $60 for 1/3 of the complete game. I mean...if you’re gonna pay the $180 for FF7 then that’s cool because you’re a fanboy and I can respect your decision but no way in hell will I pay that much for a game unless it comes with some awesome peripherals like customized flight sticks or steering wheels for that type of game. But $60 for the first part of the game? GTFO with out. Don’t you dare judge ME for not agreeing with you and not wanting to pay that ludicrous price. I bet you liked it when the Hobbit made 3 movies to milk the single novel huh? Ask Peter Jackson....he hated doing it and said the majority of the trilogy was filler and bloated because it was only meant for a single flick. Imagine if The Lord of the Rings trilogy was released as 9 movies instead of 3 like the books it was based on. FF7R is a single game remake of an already very long and complete experience called FF7 on pc and ps1. $60 should cover that. CTR just released at $40. That’s a remake of a ps1 game as well. FF7 is 4.5 times the price? Get outa here. I just wanted to know the answer genuinely if the $60 would get me the entire FF7 experience and you go bashing me? F off fanboys. Not you IPdaily. You get it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@vaidream45 said:

@i_p_daily: I know! I understand he is a fanboy and I’m kinda a Final Fantasy fanboy too but this line of thinking is stupid. This is NOT 3 games. This is 1 game that is less than 1/3 developed and instead of releasing like other games do in episodic format being about $15 per episode they have convinced people that this is 3 games so they can charge $60 for 1/3 of the complete game. I mean...if you’re gonna pay the $180 for FF7 then that’s cool because you’re a fanboy and I can respect your decision but no way in hell will I pay that much for a game unless it comes with some awesome peripherals like customized flight sticks or steering wheels for that type of game. But $60 for the first part of the game? GTFO with out. Don’t you dare judge ME for not agreeing with you and not wanting to pay that ludicrous price. I bet you liked it when the Hobbit made 3 movies to milk the single novel huh? Ask Peter Jackson....he hated doing it and said the majority of the trilogy was filler and bloated because it was only meant for a single flick. Imagine if The Lord of the Rings trilogy was released as 9 movies instead of 3 like the books it was based on. FF7R is a single game remake of an already very long and complete experience called FF7 on pc and ps1. $60 should cover that. CTR just released at $40. That’s a remake of a ps1 game as well. FF7 is 4.5 times the price? Get outa here. I just wanted to know the answer genuinely if the $60 would get me the entire FF7 experience and you go bashing me? F off fanboys. Not you IPdaily. You get it.

I get that there are people who are fanboys for this game but cashangry is a fanboy for anything Sony that's where he always falls down.

I've played 7 and while I liked it I loved 8 and think its a better game, but if they were to do a remake and said it will come in multiple parts and we will charge full price for each part I will tell them to stick it up their arse.

This is just milking its fans and the game is getting very far away from 7 as it can get. If I were you I would wait until next gen when they remaster the remake and sell you the whole lot at one price, because you can almost bet that's what they will do.

Don't worry about cashangry he will get banned again these alt always do.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 PC_Rocks

@Jag85 said:

@kali-b1rd: Virtually every single person that has actually played the gameplay demo has raved about FF7R's gameplay and combat, some calling it one of the best ARPG combat systems and some comparing it to even Devil May Cry. Your arguments against FF7R's gameplay and combat are entirely baseless.

Okay, please tell me the name of those people so I can add them to my ignore list for the future.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Vaidream45

@i_p_daily: thanks man.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Jag85

@pc_rocks: OP already posted one of those people, who is known for being a gameplay mechanics kind of guy. After about 24 minutes onwards, he makes comparisons to Devil May Cry. And mentions how everyone at E3 who played the demo was blown away. And then there's plenty of previews on various gaming sites, unanimously praising the gameplay. The gameplay demo has been getting great word-of-mouth so far.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 PC_Rocks

@Jag85 said:

@pc_rocks: OP already posted one of those people, who is known for being a gameplay mechanics kind of guy. After about 24 minutes onwards, he makes comparisons to Devil May Cry. And mentions how everyone at E3 who played the demo was blown away. And then there's plenty of previews on various gaming sites, unanimously praising the gameplay. The gameplay demo has been getting great word-of-mouth so far.

I'm glad I didn't see the video in the OP and wasted my time. Now I know I shouldn't trust a single word this guy says. As for unanimous praise, have heard the people say same thing about UC4's truck chase gameplay.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Jag85

@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:

I'm glad I didn't see the video in the OP and wasted my time. Now I know I shouldn't trust a single word this guy says. As for unanimous praise, have heard the people say same thing about UC4's truck chase gameplay.

OP's video does mention that he's doubtful if the rest of the game could live up to the quality of gameplay showcased in the demo, and it could be that they just showcased the best part of the game. Having a great demo doesn't necessarily indicate the rest of the game would be great. But at least it shows that they got the base gameplay mechanics right.

And to be fair, Naughty Dog games usually have good gameplay mechanics, but it's the overall execution of the game design that's often shallow. They know how to make good gameplay mechanics, but just don't make much good use of them, as the cinematics take priority at the expense of gameplay.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 PC_Rocks

@Jag85 said:

OP's video does mention that he's doubtful if the rest of the game could live up to the quality of gameplay showcased in the demo, and it could be that they just showcased the best part of the game. Having a great demo doesn't necessarily indicate the rest of the game would be great. But at least it shows that they got the base gameplay mechanics right.

And to be fair, Naughty Dog games usually have good gameplay mechanics, but it's the overall execution of the game design that's often shallow. They know how to make good gameplay mechanics, but just don't make much good use of them, as the cinematics take priority at the expense of gameplay.

I don't trust SE/FF and nothing I have seen really changed my stance towards it. I found the boss fight extremely lame and unresponsive which some many people are going on and on about. Neither the 'tactical' element nor the realtime combat felt satisfying and having first hand experience with SE's ATB systems I'm pretty sure it will be crap. Don't know where the comparison to DMC or best ARPG came from, it's not even in the same ballpark. All the in house SE games have been stinker for at least a decade. If it weren't for their westerm arm and publishing deals with PG, they would have complete disaster on their hands. Hell they managed to ruin many franchise when they were just being publishers due to their interference like Hitman, Deus Ex etc.

For ND, no I 100% disagree. UC1-3 + TLOU has extremely garbage gameplay mechanics. The gunplay, level design, platforming(if you can even call it that), stealth, melee all were light years behind similar games in the genre. Even in UC4, the only positive thing it had was good encounter design and that's it. The encounters themselves were few and far between. The reaction atthe time was they haven't seen anything like this before and I was like after the video went public: you haven't seen QTEs before?

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Calvincfb

It's amazing how SW is disconnected to reality, this is the only place where people are hating on this game... Geez.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Jag85

@pc_rocks: But all you've seen is a video. It's not the same thing to watch a video and actually play it. Everyone who has hands-on experience with the demo has praised its gameplay. Your judgement on the game is based solely on past experiences with the developer. But that doesn't mean they can't improve. Just look at how much Capcom have improved in the past few years. And for the record, SE was responsible for reviving franchises like Deus Ex, Hitman and Tomb Raider in the first place. These franchises were dead before SE came along.

The shooting mechanics in Naughty Dog games are pretty good. There's only a few TPS games that do shooting mechanics better than Naughty Dog. But sure, they fall short in other areas like level design, platforming (like a poor imitation of Prince of Persia) and melee combat.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Fedor

@calvincfb: People have talked negative about the game all over the place. There will never be universal praise for any game.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Calvincfb

@fedor said:

@calvincfb: People have talked negative about the game all over the place. There will never be universal praise for any game.

Yes, I know, but everywhere people are cautiously optmistic, here, people are just hating.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By PC_Rocks

@Jag85 said:

@pc_rocks: But all you've seen is a video. It's not the same thing to watch a video and actually play it. Everyone who has hands-on experience with the demo has praised its gameplay. Your judgement on the game is based solely on past experiences with the developer. But that doesn't mean they can't improve. Just look at how much Capcom have improved in the past few years. And for the record, SE was responsible for reviving franchises like Deus Ex, Hitman and Tomb Raider in the first place. These franchises were dead before SE came along.

The shooting mechanics in Naughty Dog games are pretty good. There's only a few TPS games that do shooting mechanics better than Naughty Dog. But sure, they fall short in other areas like level design, platforming (like a poor imitation of Prince of Persia) and melee combat.

Capcom mostly got flak for their business practices. The actual gameplay mechanics were mostly unaffected. DMC 4 was still a blast to play, so was SFV. Dragon's Dogma was an excellent RPG. Resident Evil 5 and 6 were lackluster but they were mostly tried to follow the template of 4 and got overboard with 6 ala UC style. Their truly gameplay blunders are RE6 and DmC. SE has exclusively made bad games. Only Deus Ex was dead, Hitman and TR were very much alive albeit with declining quality and who knows who forced the direction Hitman Absolution took. Turning TR into a UC clone actually made it worse.

I disagree, none of the UC games has good shooting mechanics. Even Gears - the franchise I hate with a passion has much much superior gunplay than the entirety of UC. You can pick a random TPS and there's a big chance it will have better gunplay than ND games.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Fedor

@calvincfb: There's plenty of hate for the game all over the place. Twitter, IGN, YouTube, forums. This place isn't unique.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By BoxRekt

@calvincfb said:
@fedor said:

Yes, I know, but everywhere people are cautiously optmistic, here, people are just hating.

Facts.

PC and xbox fanboys are upset it's releasing on PS4 first or mad it's a superior sounding product than their bias preference for WRPGs.

In this case that WRPG is namely CDPR's Cyberpunk2077 since they'll only be able to play that during the time FF7R releases on PS4.

Their arguments are stupid at this point.

Not only did I post a well known video game personality who has close ties with the actual developer, he is also a HIGHLY respected figure in the fighting game community and dedicated his channel to breaking down gameplay mechanics.

Max even gets access to play games before release and against developers:

Loading Video...

Max shows the ability to adopt any fighting games gameplay mechanics and can break down the technical aspects of each game.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

How are these casual fanboys noobs on this thread, who couldn't play there way out of a paper bag much less a competitive fighting game, trying to question FF7R's gameplay after Max, who has had MULTIPLE hands on runs with the demo, break it down and explain how gameplay is great and feels something like Devil May Cry in execution?

It's not that he's the best player in the world, it's that hes more knowledgeable and credible to talk on the quality of gameplay than any of the clowns here on this shitty board.

Other than a professional competitive fighting game player, there's probably no one else in the game industry who's more qualified to break down and critique raw GAMPLAY mechanics than MAX...that includes anyone on the GS staff.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@boxrekt said:

How are these casual fanboys noobs on this thread, who couldn't play there way out of a paper bag much less a competitive fighting game, trying to question FF7R's gameplay after Max, who has had MULTIPLE hands on runs with the demo, break it down and explain how gameplay is great and feels something like Devil May Cry in execution?

It's not that he's the best player in the world, it's that hes more knowledgeable and credible to talk on the quality of gameplay than any of the clowns here on this shitty board.

Other than a professional competitive fighting game player, there's probably no one else in the game industry who's more qualified to break down and critique raw GAMPLAY mechanics than MAX...that includes anyone on the GS staff.

So...what are you doing here?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By BoxRekt
@MonsieurX said:
@boxrekt said:

Sharing the information of someone that's credible when speaking on gameplay who has actually played FF7R? Kind of self explanatory.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@MonsieurX said:
@boxrekt said:

Sharing the information of someone that's credible when speaking on gameplay who has actually played FF7R? Kind of self explanatory.

Why would you share it on a shitty board with clowns?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#147 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I will probably just wait until all of the episodes are released and potentially play them all on the PS5.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

what's the point of making a thread if TC leaves no room to disagree

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Vaidream45

@boxrekt: I can kinda see your point but it just doesn’t work well in FF7R. If this game was called Final Fantasy without a number then it would be fine to start numbering releases in this way but the problem is that this is Final Fantasy 7. The 7th game in the FF series. Breaking it up into multiple $60 titles really looks bad and coming from a FF7 fan I didn’t want this. I wanted a FF7 remake for $60. The whole game. I don’t want a full length episode that has me in Midgar for 80 hours then have to pay another $60 for the next section of the game. If this came out for $15-20 per episode I would totally get behind it and buy it day 1 but this is just seedy business in my mind. When this is done and history it won’t be remembered as FF7R part 1, part 2, and part 3. It’ll simply be remembered as one game. FF7R and it will be sold as one product for one price because that’s really what this is. They planned for this to go much smoother and by now to have a finished product but they aren’t even close and beyond behind schedule on development so they decided to release it in chunks as they complete it. This should not be $60 per chunk. A slice of pizza at a pizza shop does NOT cost the same as the whole pizza. This is simple business but SquareEnix is using their biggest IP to test the waters and see what they can get away with. If I sold pizza and people were willing to pay the price of a whole pie for just one slice I would do it all day because that’s business. But we are the consumers and we vote with our wallets. If no one buys it at $60 then they will be forced to lower the price to something reasonable. Look at Fallout 76. That went from $60 to $20 really fast because people voted with their wallets. I think if people buy up this first episode at $60 that is gonna be bad for us consumers big time. All AAA games will eventually inherit this money making business practice and then we will have something much worse than loot boxes to bitch about.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Calvincfb

@vaidream45: "They planned for this to go much smoother and by now to have a finished product but they aren’t even close and beyond behind schedule on development so they decided to release it in chunks as they complete it."

False. They stated that it would be a multipart project from the start.