AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#101 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

I don't think you can afford to make quality games when all of them have to be available on gamepass day 1. That's the thing about Sony: they don't do that, but most of their games are well worth the day 1 purchase. I don't see MS beating Sony anytime soon games wise. They simply can't. I mean, when the lastest entry from their most iconic franchise is being criticized for looking like a 10 year old game, you have to face the truth. And it's not like it'll be mindblowing in some other area...

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

It looks like a 2014 video game like dragon age inquisition or Halo 4

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10500 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

“Halo Infinite is the start of our platform for the future,” he said. “We want Infinite to grow over time, versus going to those numbered titles and having all that segmentation that we had before. It’s really about creating Halo Infinite as the start of the next ten years for Halo and then building that as we go with our fans and community.”

This does not mean that Halo Infinite is a live service game, a la Destiny. But it does mean that new story experiences will be told underneath Infinite’s umbrella, and it also means Infinite will be evolved technologically for quite a while. 343 confirmed that Infinite will get a free raytracing update sometime after launch. Gameplay-wise, hopefully the move to Infinite as a platform won’t mean that players are trapped on this Halo ring forever, but we’ll have to wait and see what 343 has in store for us in the Xbox Series X generation to find out.

Lol, it’s a ”platform for the future”, not a “service game”.

https://www.ign.com/articles/halo-infinite-2-wont-be-happening-says-343-industries

if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

@Juub1990 said:

I've been a fan of the series since the OG game and 343 were doing well at first with Reach(though Armor Lock and some of the maps were bullshit). But this? Halo cannot afford to merely look "alright". XBox fans have been clamoring for top-tier quality and this didn't look like it. It's the flagship franchise, come on man.

bungie did reach. i had to double check when i read your post. reach was the last halo game i enjoyed. i've been blaming the series' downturn on 343 for years. if they'd have made reach i'd have had to rethink my entire stance on them

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

@Desmonic: I agree, it literally looks like Halo 3 lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Tessellation said:

It looks like a halo game , looks clean , big and runs flawlessly, when halo games were graphical praised games? It won't change the horrible PS5 weak specs just because of this game🤣

Spiderman look much better than Halo and people here cry all day that is a cross gen game.

The game look like an xbox one game,upscale and has some streaming issues,which is ok for a game that isn't finish,the bad part is this game is set to launch in just a few months,and it doesn't even have ray tracing on day 1 it will be added latter.

This was a total fiasco what MS did today,but you will never see it that way because you have MS logo tattoo on your buns.😂

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#106 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Tessellation said:

It looks like a halo game , looks clean , big and runs flawlessly, when halo games were graphical praised games? It won't change the horrible PS5 weak specs just because of this game🤣

Spiderman look much better than Halo and people here cry all day that is a cross gen game.

The game look like an xbox one game,upscale and has some streaming issues,which is ok for a game that isn't finish,the bad part is this game is set to launch in just a few months,and it doesn't even have ray tracing on day 1 it will be added latter.

This was a total fiasco what MS did today,but you will never see it that way because you have MS logo tattoo on your buns.😂

Honestly, this is going to be one of those games that 343 grinds out until the very last minute. I wouldn't be surprised if they went gold a week before release.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#107 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

@uninspiredcup: thats what my point is, Halo atleast a game, not a movie, despite outdated it atleast played.

Last of us 2 is shitty movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108  Edited By deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

It was the lighting, something wasn't right, not enough contrast from light to dark.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 tormentos

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lol, what a surprise... thread full of cows. Probably a good sign that the game looks good.

Anyway, to me it looks like it's aiming for old school Halo. Which I'm all for.

Man you are really grasping badly even some lemmings admit the graphics are meh,but we can't expect all lemmings to see it that way.

For me the game looks good on the sense that today no game really look bad,come one PS1 games now that looked like shit,graphics are way way beyond that today,but compare to good looking games Halo simply look sad there is no way to cover that hole with your hand man.

@sealionact said:

Reeks of desperation. Enjoy your console, and by all means come with valid criticisms of other consoles....but give praise where it's due. Xbox had a good day today.

Get out of this place and see the xbox didn't do as good as you think today,for one they were slammed last time for showing no gameplay and they did the same shit again a collection of CGI trailers and in some cases of games that for sure will not be here by 2022 the earliest.

Halo was suppose to be their poster child and it look sad compare to a very good looking game of thise day.

Hell if you make me chose between 4k/60 with those level of visuals and the UE demo on PS4 at 1440p i would take the UE demo no questions ask,even if it doesn't reach 60FPS.

Sorry but next gen consoles are about next gen graphics at least that much you should give to some one who is investing heavily in your new product.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 tormentos
@sakaixx said:

Halo being attacked on twitter lol

Damn that was brutal and lemmings are on denial on this place.😂

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Doesn't look next gen but I'm sure I'll enjoy the game.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

Looks good enough... will be real impressive if it really holds a stable smooth 60fps at 4k.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#113  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17848 Posts

It looked OK. It looked like classic Halo and the only thing that stood out to me was the grappling hook. I would like to see more gameplay to see what exploration of the world is like, what interactions with NPCs are like, are there any environmental puzzles or cool objectives?, etc... So far it is not a game I am excited for. Just another game to add to the list. For a flagship title launching on a new console, it was certainly underwhelming.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9831 Posts

@tormentos: Thats probably true. You actually would prefer a demo with no actual gameplay over Halo infinate. Thats how bitter you are bud. How long was the demo? 6 minutes?

Keep your fingers crossed...maybe that ssd will make ps5 games look like that demo - but so far its given you a pimped up ps4 game which looks like it was supposed to have been dlc for the Spiderman game that actually had Spiderman in it.

Oh yes, then there was the pre alpha ratchet and clank gameplay for sometime in the future, and the rest was equally pre rendered.

If you can't admit that the list of games you saw today was good, then you're not in this for gaming....you're just taking your frustrations out anyway you know how.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#115 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I don't know if it was just the video, but it didn't seem like it kept a steady framerate. That irked me the most. The graphics have this kind of overly clean toy-like look, which I'm not digging. I can get over that if it plays smooth.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#116 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

I don't know if it was just the video, but it didn't seem like it kept a steady framerate. That irked me the most. The graphics have this kind of overly clean toy-like look, which I'm not digging. I can get over that if it plays smooth.

Try the 4k feed.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Can't wait to play Halo Infinite.

It harkens back to when the game had excellent gunplay and outdoor environments.

Not to mention its a launch game.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#118 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Pedro: AH, that's better. It was just the video I saw. I can deal with the changes to the graphics style then. What they showed looked fun. I'd give it a shot.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#119 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO:

I'm still keeping faith. It's all we can at this point. Here's to hoping that it's at least fun to play.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9410 Posts

Console warriors are so dramatic lol.

Looked alright to me. They were haloing all over the place.

Def going to check it out.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

It kind of looked like a remake/reboot of Combat Evolved. Definitely looking at it, "yep that's halo" but idk how much that does for people anymore

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10633 Posts

@sealionact said:
@nishanth12 said:

Yea Playstation is in a much better position than xbox at this point.

How is he wrong?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Pedro

@ermacness said:

How is he wrong?

PlayStation has been in a better position since 2013. 😉

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#124  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO:

The demo had some pretty cool additions to the gameplay. I liked the hook that let you grab objects from afar. The only thing that I didn't like was the sound. The guns sounded very weak and powerless. They sounded more like firecrackers and I really didn't like that. The rest just looked like your run-of-the-mill Halo game.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

It's even freaking worse. It was running on PC. LOL

The Halo Infinite demo was running on PC and is "representative" of the Xbox Series X version

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#126 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

Watched the 4K trailer, and yeah, it doesn't look great. Hopefully, it gets better and the story is at least decent, but I don't have high hopes.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 sealionact

@ermacness: Explain how he is right. Tell me about the launch titles on ps5, the size and look of the console, who is making the ssd expansion cards, if the biggest selling games (which are 3rd party multiplats) will look better on ps5, how the 3d audio is going to be implemented, compare the BC policies, compare subscriptions such as Gamepass and xcloud to psnow, talk to me about the confusion regarding Sony engineers talking about features and then backtracking, talk to me about why Sony haven't mentioned if ps4 pads work on ps5 and viceversa....mostly, why can't Sony be bothered to make mp games anymore...or a half decent fps?

Is ps5 going to be more open world 3rd person action adventures again like Spiderman, Ghost, Uncharted, GoW, Hzd, Bloodborne etc with better graphics? How excited are you at the only big name title at launch when it doesnt feature the character thats actually written on the box, it's 3 times quicker to play than the ps4 game, the dev described it as an expansion and it uses ps4 assets some of which are polished up?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#128  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9735 Posts

Here's the gameplay.

https://wccftech.com/halo-infinite-gets-first-ever-single-player-campaign-gameplay-footage/

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/halo-infinite-step-inside-trailer-campaign-gameplay-premiere-trailers-and-screenshots

https://www.gematsu.com/gallery/halo-infinite/july-23-2020/

Loading Video...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@CanYouDiglt said:

MS just crushed Sony's show.

xHedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 xHedon
Member since 2018 • 293 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

That was devastating. The gunplay looked horrendous. Graphics were... rough... And it doesn't look like the open world is adding anything meaningful.

However, it didn't look like they actually had that much to show off, which is concerning, seeing that the game is coming out in four months.

What'd everybody think? I'm not trying to be a bummer, as I love Halo, but that was.... not encouraging.

You must have missed it. It looked awesome. Graphics were awesome, game play was second to none, and MC is front and center.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 tormentos

This is brutal..

The most powerful game console ever made moniker screw up by MS own first party.

And lemmings still claim cows are damage controlling anything.

Loading Video...

How open worlds look on PS5 and i am sure it didn't cost $500 millions.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 tormentos

@sealionact said:

@tormentos: Thats probably true. You actually would prefer a demo with no actual gameplay over Halo infinate. Thats how bitter you are bud. How long was the demo? 6 minutes?

Keep your fingers crossed...maybe that ssd will make ps5 games look like that demo - but so far its given you a pimped up ps4 game which looks like it was supposed to have been dlc for the Spiderman game that actually had Spiderman in it.

Oh yes, then there was the pre alpha ratchet and clank gameplay for sometime in the future, and the rest was equally pre rendered.

If you can't admit that the list of games you saw today was good, then you're not in this for gaming....you're just taking your frustrations out anyway you know how.

That demo was capture real time from a PS5,but i am not talking about the demo it self,but about the quality even at 1440p it looked much more impressive than anything we have see on series X until now.

Man you can taste the tears on this post.🤣🤣

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

Lemmings continue to be the clowns of system wars. The amount of lying and pretending everything is fine is astounding! I’m convinced you guys have just been victims for so long that you just don’t know anything else

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#134 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Halo looked fine to me. It wasn't particularly impressive but everything looked off on that stream and don't forget 343 are obsessed with only two things a) everything has to be 60fps which is fine and b) everything has to look the same in multiplayer as it does in single player which absolutely isn't fine and to me is the reason they shouldn't be going anywhere near Halo but it is what it is.

I always berate people for saying it is what it is but when I say it, I'm okay with it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@tormentos: After looking at Halo: Infinite, I still say Ratchet 7 Clank: Rift Apart looks fantastic from what I seen so far:

Loading Video...

I'm not trying to crush the Lemms dreams but Rift Apart gameplay was a much better 1st-party show.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Pedro

@davillain-: Ratchet and Clank always looks fantastic.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 sealionact

@tormentos: Dude, anything that nanite tech can do on ps5, it can do on xsx...and if you're willing to wait until 2022 when the engine is launched, which means 2024 for the first games using the engine...then by all means be my guest, and I'll enjoy it on xsx at the same time. Meanwhile, looking at list of games for both consoles between now and then, I know I'm much happier than you are ... no matter what you say. And besides, you told me you were getting an xsx so its a win win really isn't it?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#138 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I'm just going to leave this here.

Enjoy.

https://twitter.com/peaceout023/status/1286380680507793410?s=19

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@Pedro said:

@davillain-: Ratchet and Clank always looks fantastic.

Sorry, I meant how impressive just jumping through portals without masking loading process is what really got me in the wild moment. I never been hype for a Ratchet & Clank game but Rift Apart, I wanna play it asap!

As for Halo: Infinite, I'll admit, I wasn't expecting much and I'm still gonna play it day one, just wish 343 could at least show something out of this world...at least.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

@xhedon said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

That was devastating. The gunplay looked horrendous. Graphics were... rough... And it doesn't look like the open world is adding anything meaningful.

However, it didn't look like they actually had that much to show off, which is concerning, seeing that the game is coming out in four months.

What'd everybody think? I'm not trying to be a bummer, as I love Halo, but that was.... not encouraging.

You must have missed it. It looked awesome. Graphics were awesome, game play was second to none, and MC is front and center.

I'm not sure you're able to be objective, here. If you enjoyed it, that's totally fine. But it was not awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

Killzone 2 on PS3 looks more impressive. lol

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Late to the party, just watched it right now and it does look weak. They even managed somehow to make the grappling hook uninteresting.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1005 Posts

I feel like shadows were almost missing, no ambient occlusion, low anisotropic filtering, bad LOD, pop in, low texture work. Evidently this was running on a PC, likely RTX 2080 ti. Why do they not have XSX code up and running and every time they show a game it is mysteriously running on PC? At least Sony shows games that are actual PS5 code and not some suped up PC.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I actually kind of like that the game doesn't look great because I feel a lot better about the prospects of my pc running it well.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#146 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5177 Posts

I think it will play fine but damn it looks like a last gen game......

Also it's going to be a GAME AS A SERVICE, this is going to have a slow death in player count.

It needed to be an open world single player open world game that looked great with an arena multiplayer focus

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

It looked ok, nothing mind-blowing or next gen about it.

I'd even say based on that short demo Doom Eternal looks, runs and plays better......on PS4.

TLHBO

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Phlop_Spencer

@mowgly1: LOL

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Phlop_Spencer

@sealionact: it’s so fun watching your complete meltdowns. LOL

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 sealionact

@phlop_spencer: Well, small minds are easily entertained....I guess that's what Sony are counting on anyway.