Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@lhughey said:

It looked good on Twitch. The Youtube feed was laggy and bad resolution. I'm interested in seeing the MP as that is what I played mostly.

I love watching lems trying to convince themselves that sh%t is gold.

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

I will say this, if Halo flops and looks as mediocre as it does now come launch the Xbox console brand is DEAD and the lemmings will be extinct.

Pray to your GOD Master Chief you filthy lemmings that 343 turns this around in the next 4 months because that looked terrible for a next gen launch game.

Pathetic.

TLHBO

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#153 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@sealionact said:

@phlop_spencer: Well, small minds are easily entertained....I guess that's what Sony are counting on anyway.

Ya ya. Keep telling yourself that your masterpieces like halo infinite are for big brains like yours hey bud! LOL

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#154 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

@mave198 said:

I will say this, if Halo flops and looks as mediocre as it does now come launch the Xbox console brand is DEAD and the lemmings will be extinct.

Pray to your GOD Master Chief you filthy lemmings that 343 turns this around in the next 4 months because that looked terrible for a next gen launch game.

Pathetic.

TLHBO

No, the Xbox brand won't be dead, but all faith in 343 will be gone. There's very little of it, as is, but this will really be the last straw.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11191 Posts

Every lem here that said this game wouldn't be held back graphically by weaker consoles owes this whole board an apology. 🤣

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Looked amazing! Day One buy with my XSX!

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Phlop_Spencer

@BenjaminBanklin: no kidding. Every lem said to wait till Thursday LOL. Par for the course for MS

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#158 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

It's the same sandbox Halo gameplay we're all familiar with, but with some interesting improvements. I'm intrigued for sure but don't have super high hopes for the campaign story after the let down of Halo 5.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 BenjaminBanklin

@phlop_spencer said:

@BenjaminBanklin: no kidding. Every lem said to wait till Thursday LOL. Par for the course for MS

Even Crapgamer is roasting this shit. 🤣🤣🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#160 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39385 Posts

For an open world game, Infinite looks bottom tier. You can almost compare its graphics to the 2014 DA:I 🤢

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

For an open world game, Infinite looks bottom tier. You can almost compare its graphics to the 2014 DA:I 🤢

Dragon Age Inquisition looks way better. Come on lol.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Game looks horrible. Like everyone has already said, xbox one is most likely holding this game back. Glad to see there was some XSX console exclusives though.... not sure what Phil was talking about when he said first party would run on xbox one for a few years. Forza and a few others say otherwise.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 hardwenzen  Online

@Juub1990 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Dragon Age Inquisition looks way better. Come on lol.

Loading Video...

🤢🤢🤢

I am looking at Angry Joe's vod of the show, and he too instantantly noticed the shit visuals. I did not believe into the Xbone holding the XSX back, but now i see no other reasons why it looks this bad. They hyped their new engine for so long. Delayed the game for years just so it could launch on the XSX (much more time to polish its visuals), and this is what we're getting at the end? I'll play it since open world in Halo on Legendary is bound to be fun, but i couldn't have imagined worse visuals.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

Maybe their new engine was built for smartphones and then ported to XSX as a panic button? That would explain the simplistic visuals 😯. How is it that some old ass game like Destiny 2, a game that barely received any visual upgrades from D1 (better lighting and particle effects is literally all it got upgrade wise) looks much better than what was shown in Infinite? How is this possible?

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#165 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

What I wanna know is where did the $500 million go? I mean the only explanation I can come up with why this game looks so bad is it's supposed to run smoothly in split-screen. I feel like I'm gonna puke. All this time I thought they had something BIG to show for this game. Now I realize the only reason why they took so long to show anything at all was because they weren't confident in the product. They should have shown this shit a long time ago so they had time to start over. Where do I even begin:

- Open world - why? And fine I'm not against that concept but why just copy outdated tropes in the genre? I mean seriously the objective was legit "clear these outposts" mission. You can't make this up lmao.

- The weapons - Pretty much every single weapon shown were generic-ass looking designs taken from different popular shooters. They also sound just as generic. Does 343 have the capacity to come up with something as original and iconic and the plastma pistol, needler, DMR?

- The graphics - Well I mean what's left to say here that hasn't been said/memed already?

Apparently the lighting in the demo really messed up the look of the game and it's actually supposed to look like the one on the left:

Which I still don't think it's good enough for a flagship but at the least wouldn't be getting shit on by the online community.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sealionact said:

@tormentos: Dude, anything that nanite tech can do on ps5, it can do on xsx...and if you're willing to wait until 2022 when the engine is launched, which means 2024 for the first games using the engine...then by all means be my guest, and I'll enjoy it on xsx at the same time. Meanwhile, looking at list of games for both consoles between now and then, I know I'm much happier than you are ... no matter what you say. And besides, you told me you were getting an xsx so its a win win really isn't it?

Where did i imply other wise?

What make you think games are not implementing features such as those now,the engine is not finish yet the demo exist,it means nothing it just mean the finalize version will be complete in 2022 not that is not been in use now.

Well i am but not on launch,i have an xbox one which can play all those games.

@sealionact said:

@ermacness: Explain how he is right. Tell me about the launch titles on ps5, the size and look of the console, who is making the ssd expansion cards, if the biggest selling games (which are 3rd party multiplats) will look better on ps5, how the 3d audio is going to be implemented, compare the BC policies, compare subscriptions such as Gamepass and xcloud to psnow, talk to me about the confusion regarding Sony engineers talking about features and then backtracking, talk to me about why Sony haven't mentioned if ps4 pads work on ps5 and viceversa....mostly, why can't Sony be bothered to make mp games anymore...or a half decent fps?

Is ps5 going to be more open world 3rd person action adventures again like Spiderman, Ghost, Uncharted, GoW, Hzd, Bloodborne etc with better graphics? How excited are you at the only big name title at launch when it doesnt feature the character thats actually written on the box, it's 3 times quicker to play than the ps4 game, the dev described it as an expansion and it uses ps4 assets some of which are polished up?

Dude you look mighty desperate.

The PS5 ssd is done by multiple vendors on PC,you don't need a propietary one like the series X,sony told people to hold until the make some test to recomend some,that way you go safer.

No different that when the PS3 came out and you could not buy what ever hdd you like,it accept laptop drives but not all of the fit inside the bay.

What do you even care how the 3D audio is going to be implemented man,what kind of pathetic damage controll is this,so you are trying to use every bit of crap you see as something to downplay the PS5 and use it is pathetic man.

WTF does it serve to a PS4 owner that the series X is BC with 100% of the xbox one games if he only owns a PS4?

Xbox one BC is a selling point to YOU not to PS4 owners which are more than 110 million,so the majority of the PS4 owners that only own 1 console the PS4 have not gain from BC on xbox.

Which is why it is irrelevant,is not like the PS5 will not have BC.

Actually PS Now is cheaper has more games by a land slide than Gamepass,and already if you payed for it you didn't need PSN+ which is from where MS copy that.🤣

No man stop lets tolk about the shit show MS just showed,full of CGI and no gameplay for a console that launch 4 months,lets talk about how shitty Halo looks on series X vs Horizon or even Ratchet,hell even Spiderman which you have repeat endlessly that has PS4 assets even that look much better than Halo lets talk about that.

That expansion look better than Halo on series X and has Ray Tracing on day 1 unlike Halo.

Man you loss it.🤣

@glez13 said:

Late to the party, just watched it right now and it does look weak. They even managed somehow to make the grappling hook uninteresting.

The shield he deploy on one part remind me of Resistance Auger gun which could make a barrier like that to absorb damage.

Chozofication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Chozofication
Member since 2020 • 231 Posts

I have to say, it looked worse than previous halos. Not much care put into it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 hardwenzen  Online

For years they have been releasing those small vids about them recording weapon sounds, explosions, vehicles, etc. At the end it sounds like shit. Did they show us pre alphas stage Infinite?

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

I dunno. Looked like Halo to me.

Maybe if I looked over my shoulder and realised I'd essentially been waiting four years for a pristine, HD, clammy pounding from Neil Druckmann, I could better understand all the hate, but then Halo's never been a title I've much anticipated. So whatever.

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By ps5rulez
Member since 2020 • 456 Posts

halo infinite looked cool, im not digging the weapon models tho, it's what i expected i just dont like the weapon models they all could use a make over.The grappling hook is a cool addition taken from quake 2.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 tormentos

Man the internet is on fire.🤣 I see lemmings went to bed early today,damn were is I_cry_daily.

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 ps5rulez

All the other games looked like shit tho tbh.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Loading Video...

I might be the only one who cares about this, but why do covenants (other than Grunts) speak English. Their HALO CE sounds were so iconic. And i am well aware that they've been speaking English way before Infinite, its just not a change that i ever liked.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 BenjaminBanklin

I thought the Xbox carrot dangling was a thing of the past.

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ps5rulez

im disappointed no perfect dark was shown or any other new first person shooter exclusive to xbox tho.

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 ps5rulez

Im sick of these goddamn artsy bullshit games microsoft keeps adding to the xbox, we need some more real shit like halo infinite.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1478 Posts

Looks worse than Halo 4 on the 360

Should have never focused on making it run on the xbox one/xbox one x, a 4k60fps open world game aint gonna look good on old console hardware.

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 ps5rulez

halo infinite does one thing right, it throws you right into the action even tho there's a dumb cutscene before it throws you right into the action, this is how gaming is supposed to be just throw you right into the action lets get this show on the fricking road man!!!!!!!Hell it throws you into the action faster than halo combat evolved that's a good thing.,

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#179 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

@hardwenzen: Most likely for immersion and storytelling. 🤷‍♀️

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 tormentos

This is brutal.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#181 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Bowling shoe ugly.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Pedro

@tormentos: Who was expecting Halo to look like Hellblade 2?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 hardwenzen  Online

@Pedro said:

@hardwenzen: Most likely for immersion and storytelling. 🤷‍♀️

I don't know about that, i am not immersed at all when i hear them speak in English. But i can tell you that just from listening Halo CE elites laugh in the video i posted, it gave me the feels. Their alien sounds were much more immersive in my opinion, its not even close. I am fine with the most important Covenants (the ones you see in cutscenes) speak English for story purposes, but i am far from being okay with everyone on the battlefield speak english... its dumb as f*ck.

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 ps5rulez

I dont think you guys noticed, it has halo combat evolved's recharging shield sound effect lol, also notice the sun flare is done very similar to halo combat evolved instead of the generic crysis godrays everyone has now.

Man i could give a rats ass about some ''face texture''.

It overall throws you right into the action pretty damn quick which is awesome, wish they'd redo some weapon models here and there and they still have time to improve textures i wish they would add terrain deformation when the warthog is driving through mud tho would add to the immersion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 tormentos

@moistcarrot said:

Should have never focused on making it run on the xbox one/xbox one x, a 4k60fps open world game aint gonna look good on old console hardware.

Man i have seen 4k 60FPS games on PC that blast this to hell and beyond,i don't know what happen here but if i have to point the finger i say the xbox one really hurt this game,maybe they loss direction,and by the time they open their eyes,there wasn't enough time to make anything more than a 4k/60FPS bump on series X,even the assets look sad.

It would explain why the game will not have Ray tracing either at launch.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Pedro

@hardwenzen: After having them speak english for so many of their games its just weird to expect them to revert.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#188 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

I am stoked for the sort-of-open-world-but-not-really design--that approach is part of the reason Crysis is such an amazing game--but what I have seen was for the most part pretty underwhelming.

If Halo was the game everyone thought it was, they wouldn't have to innovate so much; they could be like the crocodile, which hasn't had to evolve.

But Halo is simply not as good as people think it is, or more specifically as people remember it is. So 343 and MS need to make some drastic changes to it, and it looks like they simply have not.

Ah well, the delusion had to end sooner or later. At least I can try it out on Gamepass and see if I am wrong (I hope I am).

@fedor said:

Just looked generic.

That sums up every single Halo since after Halo 2.

I mean, it literally looks like the older Halo games, and not in a good way.

@shellcase86 said:

The sound was really good.

I noticed texture pop-in at one point, that was surprising. Also, it was interesting that it would be 60fps but did not mention that it would be 4k.

I think on console those are, for the most part, mutually exclusive. You want 60 fps, or you want 4k? Can't have both unless it's a really basic game engine I reckon.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By tormentos

@Pedro said:

Damn you took it literal. Wow this really has touch lemms.😂

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 ps5rulez

overall still looks more fun than any ps5 game, so i cant complain too much.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Pedro

@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

Damn you took it literaly. Wow this really has toucher lemms.😂

Seems more like you are trying extra hard. 😂

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 tormentos

@Pedro said:

Seems more like you are trying extra hard. 😂

No i am doing what you do best is not hard to figure out.😁

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1478 Posts

@tormentos said:
@moistcarrot said:

Man i have seen 4k 60FPS games on PC that blast this to hell and beyond,i don't know what happen here but if i have to point the finger i say the xbox one really hurt this game,maybe they loss direction,and by the time they open their eyes,there wasn't enough time to make anything more than a 4k/60FPS bump on series X,even the assets look sad.

It would explain why the game will not have Ray tracing either at launch.

Im guessing it went through some kind of development hell

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10633 Posts

@sealionact said:

@ermacness: Explain how he is right. Tell me about the launch titles on ps5, the size and look of the console, who is making the ssd expansion cards, if the biggest selling games (which are 3rd party multiplats) will look better on ps5, how the 3d audio is going to be implemented, compare the BC policies, compare subscriptions such as Gamepass and xcloud to psnow, talk to me about the confusion regarding Sony engineers talking about features and then backtracking, talk to me about why Sony haven't mentioned if ps4 pads work on ps5 and viceversa....mostly, why can't Sony be bothered to make mp games anymore...or a half decent fps?

Is ps5 going to be more open world 3rd person action adventures again like Spiderman, Ghost, Uncharted, GoW, Hzd, Bloodborne etc with better graphics? How excited are you at the only big name title at launch when it doesnt feature the character thats actually written on the box, it's 3 times quicker to play than the ps4 game, the dev described it as an expansion and it uses ps4 assets some of which are polished up?

Your reading comprehension seems to be failing you. He never said that ps5 is in a better position than the SeX. What he said was that PlayStation is in a better position than xbox, and from looking at this gen, how can he be wrong there?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Pedro

@tormentos said:

No i am doing what you do best is not hard to figure out.😁

Then the question should have been simple for you. 😮

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 tormentos
@ps5rulez said:

Gameplay wise it look a like the older halo.

I don't know about fun Ratchet seem allot of fun,so did spiderman.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Phlop_Spencer

@tormentos said:

This is brutal.

These are the best lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Pedro

@tormentos said:
@ps5rulez said:

Gameplay wise it look a like the older halo.

I don't know about fun Ratchet seem allot of fun,so did spiderman.

I have yet to play a bad core Ratchet and Clank game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 hardwenzen  Online

@Pedro said:

@hardwenzen: After having them speak english for so many of their games its just weird to expect them to revert.

This was supposed to be a reboot/soft reboot of the series. I wouldn't mind them to revert things if its for the best. Abandoning dual wielding was a revert in Halo 4, and a good one at that.

I expected bold changes for a game that was kept secret for so long. Outside of open world, nothing, not even one thing is noticeable or is even worth praising. The grapple hook looks like a welfare version of the meat hook from the supper shotty in Eternal.