ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#201 ps5rulez
Member since 2020 • 456 Posts

ratchet and clank or gran turismo or horizon dawn looks more ''action packed'' and ''fun'' than halo infinite? Nah those games look boring in comparison sorry.

Yes halo infinite still has alot of room to improve, but how fast they threw you into the /actionshooting is a breath of fresh air in todays gaming there was no longer stupid tutorial only a stupid cutscene.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#202 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Pedro said:

@hardwenzen: After having them speak english for so many of their games its just weird to expect them to revert.

This was supposed to be a reboot/soft reboot of the series. I wouldn't mind them to revert things if its for the best. Abandoning dual wielding was a revert in Halo 4, and a good one at that.

I expected bold changes for a game that was kept secret for so long. Outside of open world, nothing, not even one thing is noticeable or is even worth praising. The grapple hook looks like a welfare version of the meat hook from the supper shotty in Eternal.

I wanted them to reboot the whole thing all together. This seems closer to a sidetrack of Halo 5. Which is still better than continuing with Halo 5 story arch.

With regards to the gameplay, it looks and plays like Halo except with the grapple hook. And if they weren't changing the formula, then I agree there was no reason to keep it secrete for so long but I would not be surprised that its more related to a change in direction mid develop. I can't prove this but I wouldn't be surprised.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#203  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20147 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: damn when you lose crap gamer you lost it all.

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 ps5rulez

2 minute cutscene and bam the games already throwing you into the action, now this is more how a first person shooter is supposed to be done goddamn it, hell the action starts faster than halo combat evolved dude's lol.

Woulda been even better if there was no 2 minute cutscene before it, but this is more how a goddamn first person shooter is supposed to be!

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#205 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

I went and rewatched the demo on my OLED tv. Only saw it on my iPhone earlier. The texture pop in is just disgusting. It’s so noticeable. Definitely Xbox one is holding this game back. I don’t think the textures look terrible. Definitely not the best but they are ok. Gameplay looks solid. Getting classic halo vibe there. But they really need to at least fix the texture pop in issue because it is very noticeable.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39386 Posts

Gotta say, these Infinite memes are excellent. 343i delivered 🤗🤗

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#207 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9735 Posts

I'll leave these screenshots here.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#208 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59175 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

Really nice, clean looking game.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

I remembered watching the demo and there was a strange instance of draw distance popup with clouds at around the 04:33 mark when Master Chief ascended the elevator. Not sure what hardware they were using but looks like they have a lot of work ahead.

Someone needs to put all the Halo games screenshot side by side and guess which one is which like COD.

Loading Video...
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Pedro

@GameboyTroy: Where did you get those shots?

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 ps5rulez

@hardwenzen: you know who really delivered? guerrilla games! rofl killzone shadow fall flopped so much they abandoned the franchise to join sonys army of 3rd person the witcher clones rofl!

gtfo

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

I will say it does seem weirdly tame in graphics for a series that is known for pushing hardware on Xbox consoles, but when you also consider how expansive the game is and the fact it started development as an Xbox One game, it begins to make sense why Halo: Infinite doesn't look leaps better than what we have currently. Thankfully it does look better than Halo 5, it's bigger than Halo 5, and still seems like it plays at a smooth 60fps on XSX and that's what matters most from the next-gen console but one thing I do know, PC version will no doubt make it even better.

Digital Foundry will do a breakdown later tonight/tomorrow and we'll find out if its a hit or a miss.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 hardwenzen  Online

@uninspiredcup said:
@GameboyTroy said:

Really nice, clean looking game.

I agree that it looks clean, but if the visuals are this simplistic, it should've been a 120fps game. Destiny 2 looks better and would EASILY run at over 120fps on a 12tflops pc. I see why not Infinite. If the reason is 4k, then maybe they should've mentioned that 120fps is possible with dynamic resolution.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@GameboyTroy: you mean bullshots

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#215 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17848 Posts
@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Pedro said:

@hardwenzen: After having them speak english for so many of their games its just weird to expect them to revert.

This was supposed to be a reboot/soft reboot of the series. I wouldn't mind them to revert things if its for the best. Abandoning dual wielding was a revert in Halo 4, and a good one at that.

I expected bold changes for a game that was kept secret for so long. Outside of open world, nothing, not even one thing is noticeable or is even worth praising. The grapple hook looks like a welfare version of the meat hook from the supper shotty in Eternal.

I wanted them to reboot the whole thing all together. This seems closer to a sidetrack of Halo 5. Which is still better than continuing with Halo 5 story arch.

With regards to the gameplay, it looks and plays like Halo except with the grapple hook. And if they weren't changing the formula, then I agree there was no reason to keep it secrete for so long but I would not be surprised that its more related to a change in direction mid develop. I can't prove this but I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, many of us have wanted more out of Halo for a while and it seems like we are just getting more of the same. There is so much they can do to switch up the gameplay and it is a rich universe. What they have shown so far is not very impressive, but there may be hidden depth still. Need to see more.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 hardwenzen  Online

@ps5rulez said:

@hardwenzen: you know who really delivered? guerrilla games! rofl killzone shadow fall flopped so much they abandoned the franchise to join sonys army of 3rd person the witcher clones rofl!

gtfo

F*ck are you on, buddy? Who said Killzone is good? And why the f*ck are you talking about Shadow Fall in 2020? Hello???

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

I'll let you folks look at this and decide what's what:

After playing MCC on PC with Halo 3, that game has aged well, like fine wine.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By BassMan

@hardwenzen said:
@ps5rulez said:

gtfo

F*ck are you on, buddy? Who said Killzone is good? And why the f*ck are you talking about Shadow Fall in 2020? Hello???

It's actually a fair comparison. Killzone 2 and 3 were good games. Shadowfall was underwhelming, especially for a next/new-gen title at the time. So, comparing the disappointment in the state of the franchises at new console launch is legit.

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By ps5rulez

im not a huge fan of the weapons or artstyle, but the gameplay looks solid enough.

eitherway not like ps5 shown anything that looks more fun.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Pedro

@speedytimsi: Sounds like a good idea.

EDIT: I was going to do it but for all the games its 200GB. 😥

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 hardwenzen  Online

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ps5rulez said:

gtfo

It's actually a fair comparison. Killzone 2 and 3 were good games. Shadowfall was underwhelming, especially for a next-gen title at the time. So, comparing the disappointment in the state of the franchises at new console launch is legit.

I never saw KZ to be anywhere near good, so to me, there was no disappointment whatsoever.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 BassMan

@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ps5rulez said:

gtfo

It's actually a fair comparison. Killzone 2 and 3 were good games. Shadowfall was underwhelming, especially for a next-gen title at the time. So, comparing the disappointment in the state of the franchises at new console launch is legit.

I never saw KZ to be anywhere near good, so to me, there was no disappointment whatsoever.

Killzone games had decent critical and commercial success. So, there are a lot of people who like them (myself included). It is not on the level of Halo's success obviously, but KZ was once deemed Sony's "Halo Killer". LOL

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

@Pedro: Here is the COD screenshot quiz

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 ps5rulez

gran turismo has shittier driving physics than even san fransisco rush 1996 lmao, ya graphically looks good but the driving always sucked donkey balls, ratchet and clank actually looks ok, but it's just not my style of game.

horizon dawn is just boring in general./

Eh still rather play halo infinite than any of em.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11191 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

This is a thread about Halo, not Minecraft

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 hardwenzen  Online

All what's missing is Switch Crysis Demaster comparison to Infinite. OOF

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#228 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Looks fine to me.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14816 Posts

Diversity!

Angryduck67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Angryduck67
Member since 2004 • 272 Posts

I don’t know if any publisher has promised so much, and delivered so little as MS has with the XSX so far based on everything they showed. Turns out that Crytek dev was right. The XSX isn’t anywhere near the machine MS, specially Phil Spencer, touted it to be. The close up of the brute at the end looked worse than the characters in Killzone Shadow Fall, a PS4 launch title...that also ran at 60hz (in multiplayer). Get out of here with that “Sony can’t compete” nonsense, you’re done. You’re so done it’s embarrassing. Which is literally exactly what I said after that long form PS5 tech talk: that XSX supporters would be embarrassed. Ha! It feels so good to be so right.

And I suppose the total lack of raytracing is beside the point? Isn’t that what the “crazy powerful” XSX is supposed to shine at? And 120hz is only reserves for 2D and racing games now? Historic disappointment for Xbox fans. Sony is going to absolutely disembowel MS this gen. And honestly, I think this might be the last console gen for MS. They will launch a streaming/download service on PC and go after Steam instead. I’m calling it: the XSX will be the end of MS in the console arena. They played checkers against Cerny’s 4D chess and lost. Keep in mind the One X already flopped. Sony has stumbled, but never flopped. Except the poor lil’ Vita!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By BassMan

@lifelessablaze said:

What a sexist photo! I am outraged! LOL

Obviously not, but it is sad how people react when things are switched around.

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 ps5rulez

@SOedipus: diveristy=anti european!

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#234 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Looks like a 2014 game.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@Angryduck67 said:

I don’t know if any publisher has promised so much, and delivered so little as MS has with the XSX so far based on everything they showed. Turns out that Crytek dev was right. The XSX isn’t anywhere near the machine MS, specially Phil Spencer, touted it to be. The close up of the brute at the end looked worse than the characters in Killzone Shadow Fall, a PS4 launch title...that also ran at 60hz (in multiplayer). Get out of here with that “Sony can’t compete” nonsense, you’re done. You’re so done it’s embarrassing. Which is literally exactly what I said after that long form PS5 tech talk: that XSX supporters would be embarrassed. Ha! It feels so good to be so right.

And I suppose the total lack of raytracing is beside the point? Isn’t that what the “crazy powerful” XSX is supposed to shine at? And 120hz is only reserves for 2D and racing games now? Historic disappointment for Xbox fans. Sony is going to absolutely disembowel MS this gen. And honestly, I think this might be the last console gen for MS. They will launch a streaming/download service on PC and go after Steam instead. I’m calling it: the XSX will be the end of MS in the console arena. They played checkers against Cerny’s 4D chess and lost. Keep in mind the One X already flopped. Sony has stumbled, but never flopped. Except the poor lil’ Vita!

Well said

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 ps5rulez

@Gaming-Planet: 2013 you mean killzone shadow fall looks better, but it's not as open ended and its gameplay is shittier.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11191 Posts

@lifelessablaze said:

MS sets pics like this up for obvious PR

"See? We're just a little bit less grabby than Ubisoft!"

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 ps5rulez

@BenjaminBanklin: little did they know, i walked past every row bragging their asses!

like a grab ass!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 BassMan

@ps5rulez: @BenjaminBanklin: There is nothing wrong with a little grab ass in the workplace as long the person is appreciative of the extra attention. :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#240  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59175 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@lifelessablaze said:

MS sets pics like this up for obvious PR

"See? We're just a little bit less grabby than Ubisoft!"

If anything Ubisoft's recent shit-show shows how hollow the declarations of "wokeness" was.

When money's involved anything and everyone can basically get fucked.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

@lifelessablaze: Not a looker in the bunch.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50613 Posts

@fedor: all the way to the left, kinda alone

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

@Chutebox: Good eye.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 GameboyTroy

@BenjaminBanklin: The graphics for this game looks terrible. The Xbox One is definitely holding back the power of the XSX. This thread has been a comedy.

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 seba20007
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

Ani Shastry (he/him), hails originally from Bengaluru (Bangalore), India, and is a key member of the Graphics team that supported and helped carefully put this incredible demo together.

https://www.343industries.com/news/articles/employee-spotlight-ani-shastry

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 GameboyTroy

@lifelessablaze said:

I feel bad for all of them. That's unexpected and unfortunate.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#247 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#248 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

It looked like a remake of Combat Evolved bar some nice depth to the images and the supposedly open world.

Looks like a series running on fumes, sadly.

I was excited for this one because I've been wanting to get into the franchise.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#249 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Looks bland. Very whatever.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1005 Posts

The MS damage control has begun.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/yesterdays-halo-infinite-gameplay-was-from-an-earlier-build-of-the-game-greenberg-confirms-its-just-going-to-get-better-and-better/amp/