inFAMOUS: SS Hype Thread | (GS 8.0 Hype Met) 56k Warning

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1751 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Why are lemmings damage controlling Tituhfuhh's failure here? Don't you have another sticky for that?

Really impressed at the production quality of this game so far. Feels like a AAA game done on a AA budget.

Lol only in your head. "aa budget" 50 million is AA budget now... hahahahaha

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1752 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

The graphics look amazing but the story is sort of meh.

It's not bad by any means just nothing new that we haven't seen already. 8/10 is a good score, a well deserved score and worth playing. Get it when it's like $40.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1753  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

I am having a blast playing this. My light bar on my controller is blood red.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1754 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Just watched the Giant Bomb quick look. Im really bummed how much this is like Infamous 2. It even has the same dumb side activities like killing musicians and protesters from Infamous 2. Gameplay looks mostly the same as well. At least it looks really good.

You make it sound like it's bad, although I know you don't intent to.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1755  Edited By 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@finalstar2007 said:

AND my LE has arrived!! my very first official PlayStation 4 game!!

i'll just stare at the boxart untill i get a PS4... lol

I still don't know why you're willing to spend money on an LE without actually buying the system

You have no idea how many times i've heard that question in the past week but sadly im a sucker for anything infamous or Sucker Punch related.. had to get the LE for the stuff it came with it ( especially the hat ).

this is the first time i ever bought a game without owning the console >_>

You did the right thing Star .... I would buy too, if I could find it in my location :D

That would distinguish true cows from fakers :P

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1756  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts
@MlauTheDaft said:

I just realized that the newest Infamous was also Mcshea'd, so that makes AA an amazing score.

So the MC average is 80 and it scored an 8 here yet some how it got Mcshea'd? Do you cows ever make any sense?

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1757  Edited By Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@lostrib said:

...aren't all video games just sitting and wasting time?

That's exactly what I'm getting at lol. Telling someone else that wasting hours gaming (on a video game forum mind you lol), is just as dumb as someone trying to get on you for your high posts count. In otherwords, dumb and irrelevent.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1758  Edited By Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@lostrib said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@lostrib said:

...aren't all video games just sitting and wasting time?

Considering how vague and broad videogames can be I'd say no

Well I mean if we boil them down to just sitting there not earning any money, then they would be a waste of time.

But time I enjoyed wasting, isn't really wasted

Good point. It's dumb to say you're wasting time when you're messing around with your hobby. If we apply that same silly logic, eating, sleeping, watching tv, relaxing on the beach are all a waste of time because we're not making money doing those things lol.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1759 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Just watched the Giant Bomb quick look. Im really bummed how much this is like Infamous 2. It even has the same dumb side activities like killing musicians and protesters from Infamous 2. Gameplay looks mostly the same as well. At least it looks really good.

yeah... i was REALLY hoping this game wouldn't be anything like the other infamous games I enjoyed. Shouldn't have given us superpowers.

Halo 5 better not have master chief killing aliens in it either. Mario Kart 8 should get rid of bananas.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1760  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

getting this in an hours how are the graphics compared to KZ? (textures, jaggies, lighting n all of that)

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1761 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

The game is awesome to play and it looks gorgeous too. Definitely console graphics king and best looking open world game to date....

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1762 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@sts106mat: That all applies to every game. He was tryng to use it as a way that infamous benefits from it but not tf. What he said, as usual, Is stupid

lol someone is pissy about Infamous flopping hard *queue the 50 alt accounts chutebox and most other sheens used to vote infamous AA instead of AAA so they could claim it didn't flop*

Also It is mysterious that with 48 positive reviews and 16 mixed reviews Infamous maintains a 80 on metaciritc yet titanfall with 58 postitive reviews and 2 mixed maintains 86, somehow the 2 mixed reviews completely cancel out the 3 over 90 scoring reviews titanfall got yet on infamous the 16 mixed reviews below 70 don't cancel out its 2 above 90 reviews.

The ratio is messed up and you know it, but you want to continue using metacritic so you don't say anything.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1763 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@Chutebox said:

@sts106mat: That all applies to every game. He was tryng to use it as a way that infamous benefits from it but not tf. What he said, as usual, Is stupid

lol someone is pissy about Infamous flopping hard *queue the 50 alt accounts chutebox and most other sheens used to vote infamous AA instead of AAA so they could claim it didn't flop*

Also It is mysterious that with 48 positive reviews and 16 mixed reviews Infamous maintains a 80 on metaciritc yet titanfall with 58 postitive reviews and 2 mixed maintains 86, somehow the 2 mixed reviews completely cancel out the 3 over 90 scoring reviews titanfall got yet on infamous the 16 mixed reviews below 70 don't cancel out its 2 above 90 reviews.

The ratio is messed up and you know it, but you want to continue using metacritic so you don't say anything.

Infamous 2 didn't flop. LOL

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1764  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@Chutebox said:

Do you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1765 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@handssss said:

@mems_1224 said:

yeah... i was REALLY hoping this game wouldn't be anything like the other infamous games I enjoyed. Shouldn't have given us superpowers.

Halo 5 better not have master chief killing aliens in it either. Mario Kart 8 should get rid of bananas.

If you enjoyed Infamous 2 you mus have some pretty shitty taste

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1766 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Tom scored it higher then Infamous 2.

Cows only hyped it an 8???

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1767 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@handssss said:

@mems_1224 said:

We're gonna fight.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1768 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Just got my copy today, as well as MGSV. Traded in the rest of my 360 games and got both for $50. Now hopefully I'll be able to pop it in tonight, if my Dark Souls addiction dies down a little.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1769 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker: hard to believe you're a grown man and your saying shit like that.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1770 NoirLamia777

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin: I'm getting there sitting at about lvl 75ish and am up to the rotten boss. It's a good game and deserves it's praises. The only play is a lot better too. I've put about 20 which like you is a lot for me these days.

I at that point too, how have you been faring against The Rotten?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1771 Animal-Mother

@NoirLamia777 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin: I'm getting there sitting at about lvl 75ish and am up to the rotten boss. It's a good game and deserves it's praises. The only play is a lot better too. I've put about 20 which like you is a lot for me these days.

Absolutely terrible, F the gutter, the and black gulch

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1772 mems_1224

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@mems_1224 said:

@handssss said:

@mems_1224 said:

We're gonna fight.

YOU WANNA GO BRO? Im in the mood for some burgers. Bring it cow!

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1773 granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

the game plays pretty good gfx are good...but i care more about the gameplay...just beat the 1st boss with the big ass gun......

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1774 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@NoirLamia777 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Literally playing the game right now in the Gutter. I'm so OP though. +10 raw greatsword.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1776 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

This game actually flopped. Cows underhyping it so if it gets AA they can say it met hype. This game has been hyped up and down these boards more feverishly than titanfall. BS that cows really believed it was an AA game.

Meanwhile cows are guilty of overhyping titanfall so that if it would've scored anything below 9, they would go crazy claiming ownage. Titanfall is a new IP with no single player and had it scored 8, that would've been very respectable and not a flop.

As it turned out everything backfired on the cows. Titanfall met their bs overhype AAA and infamous SS which they thought would score AAA fell down to their BS underhype handicap so they are now pretending that 8 respectable and met hype.

Bs, this game flopped like a giant pancake thrown off a cliff!

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1777  Edited By Animal-Mother

@seanmcloughlin: Yeah sean, the gutters easy. I op'd my way through there with my black knight sword + nothing. Wait till you get to black gulch and rotten.

Edit: While I am saying the gutter is easy traversing it and finding your way is not

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1778 Xplode_games

It's going to sell like a turd too because cows know the truth.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1779  Edited By NoirLamia777

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@NoirLamia777 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Literally playing the game right now in the Gutter. I'm so OP though. +10 raw greatsword.

I will probably go try to get a better weapon, not really sure what it's at but I've only been using a mace. I don't mind Black Gulch at all, I roll away from all the poison statues. Just The Rotten giving me a hard time.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1780 I_can_haz

@Xplode_games said:

This game actually flopped. Cows underhyping it so if it gets AA they can say it met hype. This game has been hyped up and down these boards more feverishly than titanfall. BS that cows really believed it was an AA game.

Nice try but no, you fail. The game was hyped AA and got AA, end of story.

Man, you lems are pathetic with your damage control and crying. If you guys are damage controlling this hard for a SP game only God knows what you guys will do once ND show Uncharted 4.

:D More screens of this gorgeous game. The AA in this game is probably the best on consoles to date, very hard to spot jaggies when you're actually playing the game. It's a technical marvel, and makes me wonder what Santa Monica and Naughty Gods will be able to achieve with the PS4's hardware. It's a bit weird that an open world game is the new console graphics King, I don't think that's ever happened before lol....

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1781 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

The game is awesome to play and it looks gorgeous too. Definitely console graphics kingand best looking open world game to date....

Without question.

No more Ryse vs Killzone debate, Second Son has squashed all that.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#1782 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

It's a bit weird that an open world game is the new console graphics King, I don't think that's ever happened before lol....

There's no such thing.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1783 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

hmmm Second son lead designer leaves sucker punch and thus sony.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1784 Xaero_Gravity

@mems_1224 said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@mems_1224 said:

@handssss said:

@mems_1224 said:

We're gonna fight.

Well, at least you didn't call me a sheep.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1785 I_can_haz

More screens of the new console graphics king. I can't get over how gorgeous this game is....

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1786 Xaero_Gravity

Man, the night time section looks so amazing that I'm tempted to not continue the story and just mess around in the city. Hopefully SP patches in the ability to select the time of day once you finish the story.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1787  Edited By handssss

@kingtito said:
@MlauTheDaft said:

I just realized that the newest Infamous was also Mcshea'd, so that makes AA an amazing score.

So the MC average is 80 and it scored an 8 here yet some how it got Mcshea'd? Do you cows ever make any sense?

when a negative bullet point is bitching about the character's personality, I think some of the criticism is valid.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1788  Edited By mems_1224

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@mems_1224 said:

Well, at least you didn't call me a sheep.

Dont you have a Vita?

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1790 Xaero_Gravity

@mems_1224:

Unfortunately.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1791 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22829 Posts

Game is quite excellent. Some beautiful animations and a wonderful flow in combat. A much more satisfying game to play than gen7 infamous.

Story is actually kind of interesting but I find the brothers battered. kinda cheesey and their characters a little shallow. Two brothers on two sides of the law with different ideals saying lots of cliche stuff, particularly grating is delsin's disdain for being labeled a bioterrorist like a politicalcorrectness police officer...

TThat nitpickiness aside. .

This is one high quality super hero game... And more importantly, it is a blast to play. It's well balanced lends itself creative moments in combat. ... We'll done overall suckerpunch... Well done.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1792 mems_1224

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@mems_1224:

Unfortunately.

Yea, no way you're a sheep. Filthy cow

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1793  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@handssss said:

@kingtito said:
@MlauTheDaft said:

when a negative bullet point is bitching about the character's personality, I think some of the criticism is valid.

Yet the score is exactly what the average score is. Still don't see how you figure it got Mcshea'd. If it was 1 or more points below then you might have a point, sadly it isn't.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1794 Xplode_games

@I_can_haz: What you're saying is that you knew the game was going to be shit and it met that hype for you. Ok, I believe you.

But there were a lot of cows who voted the game down to damage control a flopping score. This is a fact and you can verify it by all the cows jizzing all over themselves about this game before and after the game was released.

That was only possible because they figured out a way to avoid ownage by voting the game down and pretending the game they had a boner for all this time, they thought would be a piece of shit anway and it met that hype.

Bullshit

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1795 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Hahaha, lems still crying expecting a 70 metacritic when Seattle's Finest stood toe to toe with "the most anticipated game of the year." Delicious.

Just copped. Movement is fast and fluid. Game is beautiful - shadowing is really impressive and those "radically different" screenshots were totally unrepresentative as I already knew. Main character is a lot more likable than the shitposters suggested too.

Sup tryhard? oh so close to a 79 lol

And yet it isn't. Try harder, Titandrone.

@MBirdy88 said:

Lol only in your head. "aa budget" 50 million is AA budget now... hahahahaha

[Citation needed]

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1796  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Bought it and this is by far the sharpest title i have played on consoles. I don't know what kind of AA they're using but i want this to be used in every ps4 game. Extremely impressive visuals. This game is open world and looks better/sharper while having better (much better) physics than KZ. This alone gives me a lot of hope for the future, nice use of that "below mid range" hd7850.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1797 Xplode_games

From what i've seen Ryse looks better.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1798 handssss

@kingtito said:

@handssss said:

@kingtito said:
@MlauTheDaft said:

Yet the score is exactly what the average score is. Still don't see how you figure it got Mcshea'd. If it was 1 or more points below then you might have a point, sadly it isn't.

because reviews are more than a number. the points made in it are supposed to be equally as important

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1799 Animal-Mother

@WilliamRLBaker said:

hmmm Second son lead designer leaves sucker punch and thus sony.

And the game still didn't flop and is being pretty much well received everywhere. Are you this butthurt as a grown man over a game?

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1800 Xaero_Gravity

@mems_1224:

SDC and all that jazz.