inFAMOUS: SS Hype Thread | (GS 8.0 Hype Met) 56k Warning

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1851 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26103 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

From what i've seen Ryse looks better.

No, Infamous looks better by a significant margin. Ryse always looked like a port of an Xbox 360 Kinect game with beefed up character models, but Infamous SS (at least during the daytime scenes) looks legit next-gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1852  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Been playing most of the day, only just got the Neon power as i've been doing literally every side quest i can because of how much i love just traversing the city. Going to hop onto the next island soon and make the most of the Neon stuff.

I've got to say this is the most fun i've had moving around a city in a game yet, the powers are super fluid and offer a lot.

Graphically this game is excellent, the effects are awesome and i don't get the complaints about the number of civilians as it's feels like a city to me (maybe it was the patch?). It's pretty insane the level of detail they've put in, every window you go past when climbing seems different, i'm constantly finding interesting new shops and stuff. This is the nearest to a true city i've seen in video games. The indoors bits remind me of UC2 which is impressive, didn't think we'd be able to jump from that level of graphical fidelity of the linear games straight into next gen open world games.

This is definitely the game that feels the most next-gen of what i've played. It's so much more immersive as all the little details are finally there, not to mention i think it's one of the more polished titles as i'm yet to hit any bugs.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#1853 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Almost beat it last night but I got stuck on the last boss and called it a night. Game is a lot of fun once you unlock those two later powers that crank the gameplay intensity up to ape shit levels of insane. Sucker Punch didn't hold nothin back with them visuals either, It's gorgeous.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1854 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

hmmm Second son lead designer leaves sucker punch and thus sony.

Lmao William's been having a constant bitch-fit in this thread.

cimbom1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1855 cimbom1993
Member since 2013 • 130 Posts

@Willy105: lol you guys are funny infamous ss looks not so good pre baked lighting en lod pop ups look at this screens + the city is almost empty most of the time

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#1856  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26103 Posts

@cimbom1993: Yeah, but it looks better than Ryse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1857 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

It perplexes me how any site can give this game a 6 or a 7, it's an amazing game. The advancements Sucker Punch made in gameplay, graphics, and story completely blew me away. The dialogue and acting in Infamous Second Son is very good, the gameplay is outstanding (huge jump over infamous 2, this is a ton more fun), the graphics are definitely the best I've ever seen on the PS4, and the story so far (halfway done the game) is really good.

The 3rd power is very cool, and I definitely didn't expect it. Can't wait to see the 4th.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1858 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@silversix_: I believe it's SMAA T2x. I remember back when Sucker Punch initially released screenshots and people were calling them bullshots because they had SMAA. Turns out they weren't bullshots ;).

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1859 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@XVision84 said:

It perplexes me how any site can give this game a 6 or a 7, it's an amazing game. The advancements Sucker Punch made in gameplay, graphics, and story completely blew me away. The dialogue and acting in Infamous Second Son is very good, the gameplay is outstanding (huge jump over infamous 2, this is a ton more fun), the graphics are definitely the best I've ever seen on the PS4, and the story so far (halfway done the game) is really good.

The 3rd power is very cool, and I definitely didn't expect it. Can't wait to see the 4th.

because its generic, repetitive, and has the same gameplay as the past games, this gen....the graphics are exceptional. you're just in the honeymoon stage of the game right now with it just coming out. in a month or so maybe you'll see the game for what it is...a weak rehash of a last gen game with prettier graphics and nothing else. aka- a Playstation game lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1860  Edited By deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@tymeservesfate said:

@XVision84 said:

because its generic, repetitive, and has the same gameplay as the past games, this gen....the graphics are exceptional. you're just in the honeymoon stage of the game right now with it just coming out. in a month or so maybe you'll see the game for what it is...a weak rehash of a last gen game with prettier graphics and nothing else. aka- a Playstation game lol.

This game is far from generic, it's a standout title with a lot going for it. The gameplay is massively improved, not even close to being the same. A sequel should improve upon its predecessors, and inFamous Second Son blows inFamous 2 out of the water. If you played it, you would know what I'm talking about :).

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1861 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@cimbom1993: You can tell you haven't played it because you said the city's empty half the time, they patched it in the launch day patch and it's done a good job.

Those screens in no way do it justice.

cimbom1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1865  Edited By cimbom1993

@hoosier7: the image quality looks very good but i just expect alot of next gen. the draw distance, the building pop up, ... . they have done a good job with the baked lighting it looks good. but its a open world game it should have dynamic lighting. those consoles are a big let down for me. i dont own a ps4 or xbone, but i probably will buy those 2 for the exclusives. and no i haven't played the game but i have watched video's of gameplay.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1866 ReadingRainbow4

@underdog123x said:

Just finished the game

Visuals/Art Style are there

Game is repetitive

Delsin is annoying as hell

Story is mediocre.

Overall 6/10, people would have to be retarded to pay 60$ for a 10 hour game with repetitive game play and little replay value. I might play it again and do an Evil playthrough but it's probably going to have minimal differences like the first two Infamous games.

Sounds like a good review.

raging_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1867 raging_user
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts
@cimbom1993 said:

now i can understand why they gimped the downtown Seattle highrises and refused to show overview shots of the city.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1869  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@XVision84 said:

@silversix_: I believe it's SMAA T2x. I remember back when Sucker Punch initially released screenshots and people were calling them bullshots because they had SMAA. Turns out they weren't bullshots ;).

For once a console game isn't a jaggied mess that torture your eyes

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1870 ReadingRainbow4

@underdog123x said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@underdog123x said:

Just finished the game

Visuals/Art Style are there

Game is repetitive

Delsin is annoying as hell

Story is mediocre.

Overall 6/10, people would have to be retarded to pay 60$ for a 10 hour game with repetitive game play and little replay value. I might play it again and do an Evil playthrough but it's probably going to have minimal differences like the first two Infamous games.

Sounds like a good review.

It's the only accurate review.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1871  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

The game looks stunning and plays awesome too. I love the neon powers especially when you unlock the unlimited light run, makes me feel like Flash.

:D Console graphics King, nothing else on consoles comes close. Even with these heavily compressed screens the graphics are still stunning.....

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1872  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Good looking game, anyone who says it's ugly is trying too hard.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1873  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Hey, bro, do you support Galatasaray? High five if yes, because I do too!

@cimbom1993 said:

By the way, all thinking man's websites, such as Eurogamer, EDGE and Escapist gave it 7/10.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1875 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Are those screens supposed to be impressive? LMAO

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1876 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@XVision84 said:

Most reviewerrs thought that this game was great, but not impressive for a next gen game.That's why some of these sites gave the game a 6,7 and maybe a 8.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1877 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

Screenshots don't do this game justice.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1878  Edited By I_can_haz

@RR360DD said:

Post any screen of an Xbone game or open world game that you think looks better. I'm waiting.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1879  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

The game structure is very similar to the previous games, but with new gen polish and convenience which is to be expected. Visually the game is beautiful. This game has better characters than the previous games in the series, I don't know what McShea's problem is with the main character. The pacing is excellent as well. Very solid game.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1880  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
@RR360DD said:

For someone who's so obsessed with games like Halo and Titanfall, that sounds very hypocritical. This game smokes the hell out of the latter, visually.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1881  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@cimbom1993 said:

@Willy105: lol you guys are funny infamous ss looks not so good pre baked lighting en lod pop ups look at this screens + the city is almost empty most of the time

Fakeboy confirmed.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1882  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Everyone knows the screenshot function of the PS4 takes 540p pictures in its current form. Don't be a bonehead.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1883  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts
@super600 said:

@XVision84 said:

Most reviewerrs thought that this game was great, but not impressive for a next gen game.That's why some of these sites gave the game a 6,7 and maybe a 8.

lol, where did you hear that from? I haven't seen that in any review, can you link a review that make that statemement?

I am pretty sure that most of the complaints about the game was because some felt the story and or the character weren't as good as the graphics and gameplay. But not being impressive for a next gen game lol, that's a new one.

Link??

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1884 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50575 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: Fucking lol, I love it

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1885 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@RR360DD said:

Everyone knows the screenshot function of the PS4 takes 540p pictures in its current form. Don't be a bonehead.

If you make another psn account and then message screenshots to it, you can download them via the psn phone app at a lower compression rate.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1886  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

To add my 2 cent.

I finally got my PS4 and this was my first game. I have been playing this all night, woke up today have been playing all day since i've been off. I've deiced to turn my PS4 off to give it a rest because I don't want my system to explode. Seriously this is the best game I have played since TLOU. Excellent game, I really didn't expect this kind of quality from Sucker Punch.

I don't know what kind of water they drink over there at Sony studios but it must be some good shit. The game started out only ok, but got better and better as I played it. Functionally the game is near flawless, as someone who enjoys Demons Souls, I can say that someone's enjoyment of this game would be closely tied to their skill level. If they suck, they probably wont like this game, it does requre a certian level some skill.

Lol at anyone who says this game is repetitive, you play this game how you want to. The variety of skills and abilities at your disposal once you acquire them is filled to the brim. Not going to spoil anything but if you've played this game then you know how the skills and abilities branch, it's an impressive system that they've built that is also finely tuned.

The game isn't perfect, but this is probably the best current gen game available, period.

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1888  Edited By rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts

while this game looks great and plays great! only complaint I have on it is that it does not have anisotropic filtering!!! I mean textures on the ground look like crap 5ft away from delsin!! well infact I still haven't seen a ps4 game with good AF... why? its not that demanding to run AF!! I mean its like 3fps loss at the most

cimbom1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1889 cimbom1993

@Salt_The_Fries: yeah bro thx cimbom forever

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1890  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@XVision84 said:

What's it like having a butt hole for a mouth?

tell your Mom to stop calling me...

anyway, anyone can watch this video and see i'm exaggerating...at all. they're saying exactly what i've been saying for months. watch the gameplay and listen to their comments and accept the fact that this game is beautiful, but generic n repetitive as hell. aka- the usual Playstation game formula.

Loading Video...

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1891 rogelio22

@Mkavanaugh77: out of the ps4/xb1 games I have played this is the best looking and best gameplay I have played! Better than titanfall, ac4 etc etc

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1892 I_can_haz
@tymeservesfate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@XVision84 said:

What's it like having a butt hole for a mouth?

tell your Mom to stop calling me...

anyway, anyone can watch this video and see i'm exaggerating...at all. they're saying exactly what i've been saying for months. watch the gameplay and listen to their comments and accept the fact that this game is beautiful, but generic n repetitive as hell. aka- the usual Playstation game formula.

Dat fanboy butthurt. Have you played it? How would you know it's repetitive?

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1893 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

@I_can_haz: don't bother, he's a fake boy he doesn't even have a PS4.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1894  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@casharmy said:
@super600 said:

@XVision84 said:

lol, where did you hear that from? I haven't seen that in any review, can you link a review that make that statemement?

I am pretty sure that most of the complaints about the game was because some felt the story and or the character weren't as good as the graphics and gameplay. But not being impressive for a next gen game lol, that's a new one.

Link??

"InFamous Second Son delivers last-gen heroics"

LOL

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1895 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@Willy105 said:

@Xplode_games said:

From what i've seen Ryse looks better.

No, Infamous looks better by a significant margin. Ryse always looked like a port of an Xbox 360 Kinect game with beefed up character models, but Infamous SS (at least during the daytime scenes) looks legit next-gen.

That's a load of bullocks but the rest is on point.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1896 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@casharmy said:

To add my 2 cent.

I finally got my PS4 and this was my first game. I have been playing this all night, woke up today have been playing all day since i've been off. I've deiced to turn my PS4 off to give it a rest because I don't want my system to explode. Seriously this is the best game I have played since TLOU. Excellent game, I really didn't expect this kind of quality from Sucker Punch.

I don't know what kind of water they drink over there at Sony studios but it must be some good shit. The game started out only ok, but got better and better as I played it. Functionally the game is near flawless, as someone who enjoys Demons Souls, I can say that someone's enjoyment of this game would be closely tied to their skill level. If they suck, they probably wont like this game, it does requre a certian level some skill.

Lol at anyone who says this game is repetitive, you play this game how you want to. The variety of skills and abilities at your disposal once you acquire them is filled to the brim. Not going to spoil anything but if you've played this game then you know how the skills and abilities branch, it's an impressive system that they've built that is also finely tuned.

The game isn't perfect, but this is probably the best current gen game available, period.

This, all of this, especially the bold.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1897 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@cimbom1993 said:

The rest of the game looks incredible but yeah one thing I noticed was how awful the water looks, thankfully most of the game is in the city

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1898  Edited By rogelio22

@seanmcloughlin: the game has bad AF and DOF issues where anything far away looks blurry... up close tho this game looks marvelous

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1899 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@rogelio22 said:

@seanmcloughlin: the game has bad AF and DOF issues where anything far away looks blurry... up close tho this game looks marvelous

Yeah I noticed that too when up high, distant stuff looks pretty crappy. But thankfully street level everything is great looking.

Don't know why more PS4 games don't use x16 AF though, on PC it takes like a 1fps difference between x0 and x16. I don't get it, it's practically free

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1900  Edited By rogelio22

@seanmcloughlin: yup... they shouldve turn off the dof! Which is a big performance hog and turned on x16 af... then it wouldve looked gorgeous all around.