inFAMOUS: SS Hype Thread | (GS 8.0 Hype Met) 56k Warning

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1901 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Anyone notice their controllers light bar changing depending on your Karma level?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1903 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

From what i've seen Ryse looks better.

This game looks better, is better, is fun, and so on. This game is great, Ryse is shit.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1905  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Anyone notice their controllers light bar changing depending on your Karma level?

Ahhh, was wondering what that was about. For a moment I though it was changing based on what power I had equipped.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1906  Edited By eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

Had the chance to play this today. Like the other infamous games it just wasn't my cup of tea and i will not buy at full price (though $40 new and i might bite as a gesture of support) but gawd damn does the game look amazing. I haven't been wowed by console graphics in a while until today. This easily eclipses TR:DE as the best looking game on consoles (either version of TR:DE>kz and ryse). Nothing comes close so far. Image quality was superb, almost pc like. The bar has been raised, i wonder who can respond in the near future. Any given street or alley looks as good as what has been shown from the order and that game seems very linear and enclosed judging from existing early footage. The team responsible for the visuals is wasted on the infamous IP :).

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1907  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Spartan070 said:

@clyde46 said:

Ahhh, was wondering what that was about. For a moment I though it was changing based on what power I had equipped.

Mines blood red :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1909 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Just beat it :D great game. I can see why some people would have major gripes with the story though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1910 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

@clyde46 said:

@Spartan070 said:

@clyde46 said:

Mines blood red :D

That's why I hadn't noticed, I've been a boy scout so far, so it hasn't changed from blue. Looking forward to my 'bad' play through.

Yeah, I started mine and it's a pretty big difference. They really don't hold back on the evil side this time. Delsin's seriously ruthless, the beginning is cringe-worthy IMO.

cimbom1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1911 cimbom1993
Member since 2013 • 130 Posts

this is what i mean empty

sometimes its empty sometimes its not. for a early new gen open world game it looks good, but it must improve.

Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1913 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts

It's only gonna get better from SS. I don't think the PS4 reached its peak yet. 3rd Son should look better (if they make it).

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1914  Edited By Spartan070

This is a bad still from my playthrough but to see this in motion? Whew...

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1915 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@cimbom1993 said:

for a early new gen open world game it looks good, but it must improve.

No, it really doesn't need to improve. The graphics are great. We are soon reaching the point where games are just becoming too much money to make. Most of it does into these pretty little game engines and then the rest gets divided out for other things. I'd rather see games stay at around this graphic fedelity and focus on more important stuff. The higher the cost these games are, the more likely we as gamers will be bit in the ass with higher game prices.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1916 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

Been playing most of the day, only just got the Neon power as i've been doing literally every side quest i can because of how much i love just traversing the city. Going to hop onto the next island soon and make the most of the Neon stuff.

I've got to say this is the most fun i've had moving around a city in a game yet, the powers are super fluid and offer a lot.

Graphically this game is excellent, the effects are awesome and i don't get the complaints about the number of civilians as it's feels like a city to me (maybe it was the patch?). It's pretty insane the level of detail they've put in, every window you go past when climbing seems different, i'm constantly finding interesting new shops and stuff. This is the nearest to a true city i've seen in video games. The indoors bits remind me of UC2 which is impressive, didn't think we'd be able to jump from that level of graphical fidelity of the linear games straight into next gen open world games.

This is definitely the game that feels the most next-gen of what i've played. It's so much more immersive as all the little details are finally there, not to mention i think it's one of the more polished titles as i'm yet to hit any bugs.

Then why did it get hyped like a piece of turd and it couldn't even surpass that disaster of a hype?

If it were all you are saying, wouldn't it receive a good review?

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1917 Spartan070

@PAL360 said:

I'm about 50% of my first playthrough on expert. Will the game unlock another difficulty level after i beat it? Expert is too easy.

I decided to do Normal good karma then Expert evil karma playthroughs since I'd assume evil karma requires a bit less tact and will thus be a bit easier.

Normal is seems ridiculously easy though, hoping Expert is at least pretty challenging...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1918 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

@hoosier7 said:

Been playing most of the day, only just got the Neon power as i've been doing literally every side quest i can because of how much i love just traversing the city. Going to hop onto the next island soon and make the most of the Neon stuff.

I've got to say this is the most fun i've had moving around a city in a game yet, the powers are super fluid and offer a lot.

Graphically this game is excellent, the effects are awesome and i don't get the complaints about the number of civilians as it's feels like a city to me (maybe it was the patch?). It's pretty insane the level of detail they've put in, every window you go past when climbing seems different, i'm constantly finding interesting new shops and stuff. This is the nearest to a true city i've seen in video games. The indoors bits remind me of UC2 which is impressive, didn't think we'd be able to jump from that level of graphical fidelity of the linear games straight into next gen open world games.

This is definitely the game that feels the most next-gen of what i've played. It's so much more immersive as all the little details are finally there, not to mention i think it's one of the more polished titles as i'm yet to hit any bugs.

Then why did it get hyped like a piece of turd and it couldn't even surpass that disaster of a hype?

It did receive a good review. Do you really enjoy being an idiot on purpose?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1919  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Anyone know if the Paper Trail Part 2 isn't live yet or something? PM me if spoileriffic.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1920 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

No offence but the game looks last gen....

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1921 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@Xplode_games:

8/10 is considered great according to Gamespot. How can you possibly misinterpret that?

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1922 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@Shewgenja: From what I've heard you need to search the wallet from part 1 for a note. Not many people have figured it out yet

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1923 PinkieWinkie

@Evo_nine: You realize those are compressed shots, right?

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1924  Edited By Evo_nine

@PinkieWinkie said:

@Evo_nine: You realize those are compressed shots, right?

yeah so?

do you think the buildings will suddenly spring to life with an uncompressed pic?

I could put up compressed shots of any other PC game, Ryse....and yes even killzone and it would look much better than the shots I just posted.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1925 PinkieWinkie

@Evo_nine: You are obviously trolling. Look at some of the images in this thread showing off the particles and lighting system and check yourself.

I own Infamous SS and Killzone SF. You own neither. I think my opinion is more valid then yours when I say Infamous blows it out of the water while also being open world.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1926 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

just saw the fps test on digital foundry...

monster hunter 3 ultimate on wiiU has a better framerate...lol its 40fps looked on wiiu

infamous goes from 29 to 40...varying wildly....

i know infamous is more graphic intensive...but just saying.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1927 PinkieWinkie

@KBFloYd: 29-40? Wow that's terrible.

Except its not.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1929 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Anyone know if the Paper Trail Part 2 isn't live yet or something? PM me if spoileriffic.

i cant even get to webpage to register, overloaded?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1930 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

just saw the fps test on digital foundry...

monster hunter 3 ultimate on wiiU has a better framerate...lol its 40fps looked on wiiu

infamous goes from 29 to 40...varying wildly....

i know infamous is more graphic intensive...but just saying.

are you joking right now? Your ugly MH looks like a ps2 game running on 8th gen system and barely can achieve 40fps... U seriously need to grab another system that isn't 1 gen behind, u have no idea how games look in year 2014, brah.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1931  Edited By Evo_nine

@PinkieWinkie said:

@Evo_nine: You are obviously trolling. Look at some of the images in this thread showing off the particles and lighting system and check yourself.

I own Infamous SS and Killzone SF. You own neither. I think my opinion is more valid then yours when I say Infamous blows it out of the water while also being open world.

sorry but the evidence is there for all to see.

Do you also own ryse?

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1932 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@I_can_haz said:
@tymeservesfate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@XVision84 said:

It perplexes me how any site can give this game a 6 or a 7, it's an amazing game. The advancements Sucker Punch made in gameplay, graphics, and story completely blew me away. The dialogue and acting in Infamous Second Son is very good, the gameplay is outstanding (huge jump over infamous 2, this is a ton more fun), the graphics are definitely the best I've ever seen on the PS4, and the story so far (halfway done the game) is really good.

The 3rd power is very cool, and I definitely didn't expect it. Can't wait to see the 4th.

because its generic, repetitive, and has the same gameplay as the past games, this gen....the graphics are exceptional. you're just in the honeymoon stage of the game right now with it just coming out. in a month or so maybe you'll see the game for what it is...a weak rehash of a last gen game with prettier graphics and nothing else. aka- a Playstation game lol.

What's it like having a butt hole for a mouth?

tell your Mom to stop calling me...

anyway, anyone can watch this video and see i'm exaggerating...at all. they're saying exactly what i've been saying for months. watch the gameplay and listen to their comments and accept the fact that this game is beautiful, but generic n repetitive as hell. aka- the usual Playstation game formula.

Dat fanboy butthurt. Have you played it? How would you know it's repetitive?

the **** are you asking me if i played it for Haz? i put a video in my post of two guys actually PLAYING AND COMMENTING ON THE GAME for you to get some perspective from. there's your display of someone who has actually played the gamee. you ignored that and ask me if I played the shii though....really? even with how i've been trashing the game as generic, shallow, repetitive trash that'll only be pretty and remembered for a month...for months, you still think its possible i went out and brought a ps4 and this game and am playing it?? really picture book...really?? or are you just asking dumb questions and wasting people's time again?

try actually watching the video instead of editing it out. there's absolutely no spoilers in it at all. just the game and gameplay, and them talking more in-depth about both. why not stop DCing for once and get some perspective on this. everything i said seems to have been proven correct, and there's even video proof of it now. so realistically i shouldnt be hearing any BS from any cow, at least on this subject lol...the game is some shallow, but pretty, garbage....

Loading Video...

@tyloss said:

@I_can_haz: don't bother, he's a fake boy he doesn't even have a PS4.

LOL, i'm a fakeboy huh Blondie? where's that PM i've been asking for from you then poser? or are you still busy pretending you're something you're not smh XD

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1933  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Game looks really good. Shame it's hard to output high quality to facebook of all places but it's nice to have.

Also one thing that has been improved vastly is traversal. From neon to smoke getting around has never been so easy in an infamous game.

Use png and link them, it helps with the quality, but use more space.

and some sites compress the images abit to save bandwidth.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1934 tymeservesfate

@RR360DD said:

@casharmy said:
@super600 said:

@XVision84 said:

It perplexes me how any site can give this game a 6 or a 7, it's an amazing game. The advancements Sucker Punch made in gameplay, graphics, and story completely blew me away. The dialogue and acting in Infamous Second Son is very good, the gameplay is outstanding (huge jump over infamous 2, this is a ton more fun), the graphics are definitely the best I've ever seen on the PS4, and the story so far (halfway done the game) is really good.

The 3rd power is very cool, and I definitely didn't expect it. Can't wait to see the 4th.

Most reviewerrs thought that this game was great, but not impressive for a next gen game.That's why some of these sites gave the game a 6,7 and maybe a 8.

lol, where did you hear that from? I haven't seen that in any review, can you link a review that make that statemement?

I am pretty sure that most of the complaints about the game was because some felt the story and or the character weren't as good as the graphics and gameplay. But not being impressive for a next gen game lol, that's a new one.

Link??

"InFamous Second Son delivers last-gen heroics"

LOL

no no...you can't send CashArmy written reviews...he struggles with those...he boxes, you kno...punched in the head a lot...not a very good fighter either, to be honest...he's punch drunk always....nevermind, forget it, HERE CASHARMY...watch THIISSS :] he'll be fine, just make sure doesnt fall out the chair. he gets dizzy sometimes.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1935 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

So a couple of hours in and I thought I would give my impressions so far. First off I'm gonna day the graphics are stunning. The use of colors is quite refreshing. But other than that it almost feels exactly like Infamous 2. The missions and collectibles feel like deja vu for sure. And wtf is up with the frame rate? Just hold the right stick in either direction and while the camera spins around you will notice how uneven the frame rate is. I don't think Cows really know what 60 fps looks like. I watched one of the pre release streams on Twitch and the kid playing said " I play a lot of PC games and this is definitely 60 fps." I then provided the link claiming the game was locked at 30 fps but that doesn't seem to be the case either. This really makes me wonder how many people can really tell what 60 looks like.

Anyways this game has been pretty fun so far. I will play through a couple of times at least. Which is actually saying a lot since I am building a decent size back log on the PS4 already. I haven't even put Tomb Raider DE in the console yet. And hopefully I will finish AC IV before the next game releases.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1936 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@I_can_haz said:
@tymeservesfate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@XVision84 said:

because its generic, repetitive, and has the same gameplay as the past games, this gen....the graphics are exceptional. you're just in the honeymoon stage of the game right now with it just coming out. in a month or so maybe you'll see the game for what it is...a weak rehash of a last gen game with prettier graphics and nothing else. aka- a Playstation game lol.

anyway, anyone can watch this video and see i'm exaggerating...at all. they're saying exactly what i've been saying for months. watch the gameplay and listen to their comments and accept the fact that this game is beautiful, but generic n repetitive as hell. aka- the usual Playstation game formula.

the **** are you asking me if i played it for Haz? i put a video in my post of two guys actually PLAYING AND COMMENTING ON THE GAME for you to get some perspective from. there's your display of someone who has actually played the gamee. you ignored that and ask me if I played the shii though....really? even with how i've been trashing the game as generic, shallow, repetitive trash that'll only be pretty and remembered for a month...for months, you still think its possible i went out and brought a ps4 and this game and am playing it?? really picture book...really?? or are you just asking dumb questions and wasting people's time again?

try actually watching the video instead of editing it out. there's absolutely no spoilers in it at all. just the game and gameplay, and them talking more in-depth about both. why not stop DCing for once and get some perspective on this. everything i said seems to have been proven correct, and there's even video proof of it now. so realistically i shouldnt be hearing any BS from any cow, at least on this subject lol...the game is some shallow, but pretty, garbage....

Loading Video...

@tyloss said:

LOL, i'm a fakeboy huh Blondie? where's that PM i've been asking for from you then poser? or are you still busy pretending you're something you're not smh XD

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1937  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

All I can say is, if this is what to expect from this gen, I am pleasantly pleased. Very impressed with this being a year one title, to say this least. Gen 8 is off to a damn good start! Color me happy.

Good night System Wars :)

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1938  Edited By tymeservesfate

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@I_can_haz said:
@tymeservesfate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@XVision84 said:

Loading Video...

@tyloss said:

whats with cows thinking everyone is angry, or mad, over their games lately, O_o? as if lems don't get any joy out of explaining to them how shit their games always turn out to be LOL. not to mention they never talk about the subject or your post when they accuse u of "being mad". cows have to mentally block out our post and change the subject completely just to continue on in the thread at all. but we're suppose to be the upset and angry ones, right? XD...ok got Rainbow...whatever you say buddy LOL.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1939  Edited By Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

So it seems the power of the PS4 still cant do 1080p/60fps for a AAA game?

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1940 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

Correct. Underpowered.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1941  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@I_can_haz said:
@tymeservesfate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@XVision84 said:

Loading Video...

@tyloss said:

whats with cows thinking everyone is angry, or mad, over their games lately, O_o? as if lems don't get any joy out of explaining to them how shit their games always turn out to be LOL. not to mention they never talk about the subject or your post when they accuse u of "being mad". cows have to mentally block out our post and change the subject completely just to continue on in the thread at all. but we're suppose to be the upset and angry ones, right? XD...ok got Rainbow...whatever you say buddy LOL.

Your obsession over a game you haven't played is getting old now. You've cried , whined and bashed more than anyone else I have seen here and everyone has seen your comments and observations, but there isn't much more for you to say now. The majority of people posting in this thread have played the game, and you haven't.

Most people here say they think the game is awesome, all you can do is talk about the score someone else gave the game. Personal impressions are important (if honest) because each one is like a personal review of the game. Some people may hate the game, and some people may love it, what's important to take from them though is that they are impressions of the game...you have none.

Are you that upset that PS4 owners have a great exclusive to play that is also happens to be the current console graphics king? You don't own a PS4 and you don't own Infamous Second Son nor have played it for any amount of time. The fact that you are still in this thread crying and moaning for hours on end about a game that met hype and that people are having a blast with speaks of how disappointing the games on the system you hype must be or of how envious you are of games you don't have the ability to play.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1942 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

It's not like the xbox one can run games at 1080P either for AAA games.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1943 Spartan070

@topgunmv said:

@Shewgenja said:

@RR360DD said:

Are those screens supposed to be impressive? LMAO

Everyone knows the screenshot function of the PS4 takes 540p pictures in its current form. Don't be a bonehead.

If you make another psn account and then message screenshots to it, you can download them via the psn phone app at a lower compression rate.

Wish I could download them from my own account, makes no sense.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1944  Edited By Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@Xplode_games said:

@hoosier7 said:

The top PS4 game that has cows panties up in a ball scores an 8 and that's supposed to be good?

It met all expectations, everyone was expecting that shit score. The real idiot is anyone who believes that.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#1945 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

This game does look incredible! Some of my pics:

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1946  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

So is this game the new console graphics king all things considered?

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1947  Edited By PinkieWinkie

@_Matt_: Yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1949 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

@Chutebox said:

@Xplode_games said:

The top PS4 game that has cows panties up in a ball scores an 8 and that's supposed to be good?

It met all expectations, everyone was expecting that shit score. The real idiot is anyone who believes that.

Its a score, from one site and one reviewer, get over it. If you can't enjoy a game because of a number some guy gave it then i spose that sucks for you. Also there isn't an X1 exclusive that's higher on MC so i guess all those games are shit too?

Since when was an 8 a shit score? I reckon most games this gen are going to be "shit" because the gaming sites are actually starting to use the full scale more often so you better get used to it.

If you've got a problem with what i've said then try picking it apart, at the moment all you've said is it's an 8 game herp derp. I think everything i said is fair and it's not like i'm writing a review, i thought GS was a place for opinions?

The score is the thing you should be least concerned about. Try looking at the actual positives and criticisms written in a piece for once, imo the score system needs to die, it just breeds stupidity.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1950 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

@super600 said:

@Scipio8 said:

It's not like the xbox one can run games at 1080P either for AAA games.

Well the cows make it seem like the PS4 is the best thing since sliced bread for gaming. At least there is one other Microsoft platform that did 1080p/60 fps like 7 years ago. ;-)