inFAMOUS: SS Hype Thread | (GS 8.0 Hype Met) 56k Warning

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2001 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

So is this game the new console graphics king all things considered?

the game does look damn good. can't deny that. as far as graphics king goes...i havent heard anyone saying its the best out there besides a few cows in here. and what else would they say lol.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2002 tymeservesfate

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Chutebox said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@tymeservesfate: Yes they are tied, and Infamous holds the tie breaker, the user reviews, so take a seat.

This doesn't change the fact that a bunch of us here have the game, and are enjoying the shit out of it, yet you are here posting vids of some guy that didnt like it and trying to tell us why we shouldn't enjoy the game lol. You are like a baby that needs his bottle every time you type.

No proceed to respond with 5 paragraphs that have nothing to do with anything.

game just released...its only good because you're still in ur honeymoon phase of it...in 2 months the game will be forgotten, completely. my second prediction on this shallow little game...lets see if i'm right...again.

dumbed down enough for you PinkieWinkie...or still too many words?

Holy shit you're really bitter about this. Get over it. Just as bitter as the cows with TF.

It's absolutely hilarious how much he cares about what happens here. It's only a matter of time before he pops and we won't have to see these garbage posts flood the forum anymore.

It's not even about being a cow, lemming or sheep. The dudes just plain weird and that's not something faction exclusive.

Ooooo, that will be fun

not gonna happen :] especially seeing how you few seem to be taking this way more serious than i ever could lol.

@sirk1264 said:

@tymeservesfate: yea you are bitter because you won't let it go. You just look dumb at this point and I feel sorry for you.

oooyeaaa feel it baby...lets see where this goes XD

It's already happening. Fight through the tears.

LMAOOO

Now write me one of your lovely monologues describing at length how little you care :)

oh Cmmoonnnnn lol. i don't do that...i just explain how you guys are always wrong. to which cows seem to get very emotional and bitter about it all. thats all... :]

short and sweet ;}

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2003 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@_Matt_ said:

the game does look damn good. can't deny that. as far as graphics king goes...i havent heard anyone saying its the best out there besides a few cows in here. and what else would they say lol.

Quote and literally only one Lem has piped up and said they think an XBone game (Ryse) looks better. So, yeah.

inFamous Second Son is now the current console graphics king. Word'er up my lyrical gangstahs.

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2005 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

The game is amazing just finished my first boss. I can see getting a platinum in this game. The origami side quest is cool too.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2006  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@MBirdy88: i do and having a blast be jealous!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2007 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

careful, your nearing that 10th hour. don't worry though, you can replay it and have some shallow cutscene differences and your powers glow another color! LOL.

meanwhile. 350th game of TF coming up!

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2008 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Just finished my first playthrough as good, wow what a great game:D

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2009 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@lglz1337 said:

careful, your nearing that 10th hour. don't worry though, you can replay it and have some shallow cutscene differences and your powers glow another color! LOL.

Then why don't you go play it already? You seem to enjoy talking about it more than anything.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2010 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

@tymeservesfate: Lol'd at your tear filled essay.

Your meltdown is quite pathetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2011 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@lglz1337 said:

Then why don't you go play it already? You seem to enjoy talking about it more than anything.

I am, there is a wait time between matches you know.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2012  Edited By sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

@Bigboi500: endless speed for the neon power requires evil karma. I just checked. You must be doing an evil run to get it.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2013 ReadingRainbow4

@MBirdy88 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@lglz1337 said:

So you would rather bitch about another game while you wait to respawn?

Can't be that exciting.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2014 Shewgenja

@MBirdy88 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@lglz1337 said:

You don't sound like a happy gamer. I think you need some of that live love and learn philosophy that Heil likes to bring up so much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2015  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@lglz1337 said:

So you would rather bitch about another game while you wait to respawn?

Can't be that exciting.

You really getting this butthurt about me playing the system wars game?

Shogenja, that repetitive form of trolling? nah I'm good.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2016  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
@sirk1264 said:

@Bigboi500: endless speed for the neon power requires evil karma. I just checked. You must be doing an evil run to get it.

Don't know what to tell you, but no. I'm on the third level of good karma right now and I just unlocked it an hour or so ago.

I'm talking about the Light Speed power. I can run continuously. Up walls and everywhere.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2017  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol wow no wonder the planet seems to be empty with npcs, vehicles and enemies never showing up in big groups they had to do that just to maintain the 40 or lower fps on this game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2019  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

There is a post on PC Master Race Reddit for infamous entitled "Seems like they forgot about voice acting and animation and spent the entire budget on particle effects..."

for this video:

Loading Video...

Thats some cringe-worthy crap right there, I can see why McShea found him annoying.

THIS is it? the screenshots in these threads ARE cherry picked unrealistic shots... not suprising though as 90% of them focus on particles.

Is this it cows? console gaming...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2020 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

There is a post on PC Master Race Reddit for infamous entitled "Seems like they forgot about voice acting and animation and spent the entire budget on particle effects..."

for this video:

Thats some cringe-worthy crap right there, I can see why McShea found him annoying.

THIS is it? the screenshots in these threads ARE cherry picked unrealistic shots... not suprising though as 90% of them focus on particles.

The main character does look like a douche, so it's not surprising he's annoying

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2021 ReadingRainbow4

@MBirdy88 said:

for this video:

Loading Video...

Titanfall's a console game. lul.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2022 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50575 Posts

@lostrib: I don't get what people find annoying about him. He's fine. He looks annoying, but he isn't.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2023  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:
@sirk1264 said:

Don't know what to tell you, but no. I'm on the third level of good karma right now and I just unlocked it an hour or so ago.

I'm talking about the Light Speed power. I can run continuously. Up walls and everywhere.

Bigboi's right. I'm not sure if it's available for both, but I know it's there for good karma.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2024 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@lostrib: I don't get what people find annoying about him. He's fine. He looks annoying, but he isn't.

No idea, I haven't played the game. But he looks like a dick.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2025 tyloss

@MBirdy88: what's with the hate? I thought you said you'd get this game?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2026 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Agreed. On the good side, at least, he comes across as a typical teenager to me. I find most of his comments pretty funny, actually. The dialog between him and his brother seem perfectly normal. I'm not understanding where all the negativity is coming from.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2027 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@Chutebox said:

Agreed. On the good side, at least, he comes across as a typical teenager to me. I find most of his comments pretty funny, actually. The dialog between him and his brother seem perfectly normal. I'm not understanding where all the negativity is coming from.

guess most of the judgmental people forgot that's how manyteens - young 20s are these days.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2028  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Have to say. After playing this inFamous, I'm left thoroughly...meh. I beat in on the "good side" and I just felt that the overall story was just lacking. The graphics were nice - sometimes amazing, like with the smoke and rain, but then sometimes just meh like with the textures and leaves on trees. But man, that story just....

***Spoliers below!***

What the hell was that story? For one it seemed really short. Also, I wanted to learn a little bit more about Fetch and Eugene - yeah they showed us those flashbacks about them, but I wanted some missions where we "worked" with them like Kuo and the Michonne type girl from the second one. The angel thing was kinda weird too, I felt like it was sort of just tossed in there. Another thing that was annoying kinda, is they brought in this group of people that tried to capture the conduits and they really didn't have any background or anything like that, they just felt tossed in to give the game another "bad guy". Fetch was weird too. She kills drug dealers because she was on a drug and killed her brother so she felt that drug dealers were to blame? um...ok? Finally, thanks for the awesome Rock power but why in the hell could I only use it for half the battle with Augustine and then the game is over??? Also, some of the powers were awesome, like the Neon, while the Video power was really lame.

Overall this game felt like the story was just kinda tossed together. It really had little to do with the previous games (not that it's a bad thing, but it's an infamous game in name only) and was short. The game can be summarized as:

• Skater dude and Cop brother find a crashed car
  • Skater dude gets powers
  • Old grandma gets rocks in her feet
  • Skater dude and Cop Bro go to Seattle
  • Skater dude finds 3 conduits who escaped from crash set up by psycho lady to stay in charge
  • Skater dude takes their powers
  • Skater dude beats psycho lady
  • Old grandma gets rid of rocks in her feet

Overall, after that story, I'd give the game a 7/10 and I'm a fan of the first 2. It just felt rushed in many parts and VERY inconsistent.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2029 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50575 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Chutebox said:

No idea, I haven't played the game. But he looks like a dick.

He does. But honestly, he's fine. Is actually funny sometimes. And this is coming from someone who pretty much hates kids/teens (that aren't mine of course!).

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2030 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@MBirdy88: don't worry i will, carefull with titanfall you become a newbie wait you already are, but i understand it does feel good killstreaks killing bots. COD is not for you

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2031 applefan1991  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@_Matt_ said:

Quote and literally only one Lem has piped up and said they think an XBone game (Ryse) looks better. So, yeah.

inFamous Second Son is now the current console graphics king. Word'er up my lyrical gangstahs.

Personally, at times it was a clear cut graphics king. The smoke and neon graphics are so smooth and incredible. Also, when it is raining, it is gorgeous. But there are other parts that are horrible, like the enemy players when it's not in a cutscene (also, why is Delsin talking yet no mouth movements?) Overall, there are parts where it is awesome, parts where it looks like a PS3 game. Depends on how you look at it for graphics king.

Awesome:

• Rain
  • Powers - Smoke and Neon
  • Cutscenes

Meh:

• In-game character faces

PS3-like:

• Characters "talking" in-game yet not having mouth movements.
  • Reflections in glass reflecting everything...but players.
Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2032  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@WadeFan:

My biggest problem is the frame rate. It's all over the place. I understand the game being so open is why it's not great, but it's still a bummer. The neon powers and particle effects at night are huge jaw droppers for me though.

The gameplay is also kind of a bummer. This is EXACTLY like Infamous 2 but with better graphics. I now understand why a few reviewers mention that the gameplay didn't feel "Next Gen." Having to complete the same tasks region after region feels like a grind and there is nothing new brought to the table. Well if you count shaking the controller like a can of spray paint new then I guess there is something. (I did grin the fist time I did it but it go old quick) If the game wasn't so good to look at I'm not sure I would finish it. That and I am curious to see what it's like to play evil.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2033 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@lglz1337 said:

@MBirdy88: don't worry i will, carefull with titanfall you become a newbie wait you already are, but i understand it does feel good killstreaks killing bots. COD is not for you

What do you kill in infamous exactly? oh right. ... food for thought ;)

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2034 applefan1991  Moderator

@GoldenElementXL: yeah I just beat it on good, so I'm going to go back and try again on evil but I just felt the story was just really poor. I think an 8 was a stretch to be honest. Matter of fact, I would say the 8 shows how few good games we have had this gen so far. But the game is just overall inconsistent

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2035  Edited By Shewgenja

@WilliamRLBaker said:

lol wow no wonder the planet seems to be empty with npcs, vehicles and enemies never showing up in big groups they had to do that just to maintain the 40 or lower fps on this game.

The maximum streak I have racked up with a special attack is 16 enemies and that was with a single special. Wish I had screenshotted it in retrospect since the sheens of the world, aka Lems, would stoop to just straight making shit up in System Wars because they'd rather cry about a game they can't play rather than play Titanfall and stick to what they know.

..speaking of framerates...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2036 Shewgenja

@WadeFan said:

Personally, at times it was a clear cut graphics king. The smoke and neon graphics are so smooth and incredible. Also, when it is raining, it is gorgeous. But there are other parts that are horrible, like the enemy players when it's not in a cutscene (also, why is Delsin talking yet no mouth movements?) Overall, there are parts where it is awesome, parts where it looks like a PS3 game. Depends on how you look at it for graphics king.

Awesome:

• Rain
  • Powers - Smoke and Neon
  • Cutscenes

Meh:

• In-game character faces

PS3-like:

• Characters "talking" in-game yet not having mouth movements.
  • Reflections in glass reflecting everything...but players.

Have you unlocked the third power yet? Cuz, I have never seen special effects quite like that in a real-time game. That was definitely one of the highlights of the graphics. I won't say any more for sake pf spoilering.

Also, the end boss fight is very good looking. The antialiasing and animation are top notch.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2037 applefan1991  Moderator

@Shewgenja: I personally wasn't a fan of the 3rd power. It was my least favorite of the 4. My favorite was the neon

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2038 tyloss

@GoldenElementXL: they 'gameplay'isnt exactly like Infamous 2 sans shooting. Controls are much, much tighter you actually feel in control of Deslin unlike in the past two games you'd feel like Cole was slow/lagging its weird to explain but it felt sluggish controlling him.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2039 tymeservesfate

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@_Matt_ said:

not the highest rated game like Forza5 (9/10) and Titanfall (9/10) though

better scores>>>>>>>best graphics.

GTA5 craps all over InfamousSS anyway

gotta agree with this. GTA5 does basically everything WadeFan said InfamousSS doesnt do...and its a last gen game. i have no idea what or where Sucker Punch put their resources for this game. because the game is lacking game modes, variety, and features. along with lacking certain graphical features. cows swear i'm needlessly hating on this game but....lol smh.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2040 ReadingRainbow4

@WadeFan said:

@Shewgenja: I personally wasn't a fan of the 3rd power. It was my least favorite of the 4. My favorite was the neon

You didn't like Video? The maneuverability it offers is great compared to smoke, Love the machine gun like attacks.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2041  Edited By Shewgenja

@WadeFan said:

That's funny because I really didn't like Neon very much. I think if I was playing evil, I'd have enjoyed it a lot more. Aiming for peoples feet agitated me lol.

4th is impossible to use for incapacitating enemies. Again, I think for Evil it would be much more fun.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2042 Shewgenja

@tymeservesfate said:

gotta agree with this. GTA5 does basically everything WadeFan said InfamousSS doesnt do...and its a last gen game. i have no idea what or where Sucker Punch put their resources for this game. because the game is lacking game modes, variety, and features. along with lacking certain graphical features. cows swear i'm needlessly hating on this game but....lol smh.

Just curious. To add variety, what would you do that inFamous doesn't?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2043 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@PAL360:

Stunning game in every sense of the word. Finally a true next gen title.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2044  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Just finished my first playthrough as good, wow what a great game:D

@Bigboi500 said:

@Chutebox said:

From jelly hermz/lemz

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2045  Edited By tymeservesfate

@tyloss said:

@GoldenElementXL: they 'gameplay'isnt exactly like Infamous 2 sans shooting. Controls are much, much tighter you actually feel in control of Deslin unlike in the past two games you'd feel like Cole was slow/lagging its weird to explain but it felt sluggish controlling him.

lol XD

@Shewgenja said:

@tymeservesfate said:

Just curious. To add variety, what would you do that inFamous doesn't?

i sincerely have no idea. that was Sucker Punch's job to figure out.

i've just been remarking on what i've seen and realized about the game so far. the gameplay seems like a rehash from passed games completely, except for the different powers. most of the game seems to be Del running around in circles dodging bullets to clear out a bunch of enemies...rinse and repeat until a cutscene, boss fight....then start the process over again from scratch. i also find it weird that he can't get into cover, no cover system. so the player is reduce to just running in circles, then into some kind of cover if health is low, then back out to do some more circles and bullet dodging. it seems VERY repetitive to play.

the side missions seem pretty terrible also...beating up protesters, street musicians, cameras...he takes over a territory by putting graffiti up smh, what, lol?? or taking over restricted zones by destroying the same type of van over n over, after beating the same bunch of enemies again....no real variation. the environment destructibility was really overblown too. you mostly just destroy barriers and bridges.

story from what i've seen so far seems very rushed and bad too...its moves fast. its progression i mean. i won't get deep into it but just with Fetch alone. it was weird how he met her, beat up some local drug dealers with her...and already she seems to be completely into him after only meeting him a few hours ago...when he chased her across the city like some stalker lol. it seems to be just moving so fast and badly.

i don't know how to make it a better game. i just know from what i've experienced of it it doesnt seem that great, or thought out.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2046 tyloss

Why are lems writing essays about games they don't even have?

Obsessed much?

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2047 tymeservesfate

@tyloss said:

Why are lems writing essays about games they don't even have?

Obsessed much?

you talking about someone else being obsessed is what's funny here....smh lol.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2048  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20107 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher: I agree. I often find myself just using neon. Even after getting other powers.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2049 applefan1991  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:

@WadeFan said:

That's funny because I really didn't like Neon very much. I think if I was playing evil, I'd have enjoyed it a lot more. Aiming for peoples feet agitated me lol.

4th is impossible to use for incapacitating enemies. Again, I think for Evil it would be much more fun.

4th was literally pointless. I mean really? They give it to us for half a boss fight? gee thanks. But yeah, I liked neon the most once you got the ability for unlimited sprint.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2050  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20107 Posts

@vincent380: Beat it and playing evil Karma now. Boss battles get better, but they aren't as big as Infamous 2. Maybe in the second installment of this game.