What are your unpopular gaming opinions?

• 192 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11270 Posts

There hasn't been a single good 3D Sonic game. And the 2D ones don't hold a candle to Mario

Assassin's Creed should have been a new IP when Origins started.

No one should be trying to start up another racing sim franchise as the ones currently on the market are boring.

I hope more indie devs can get past the MetroidVania phase because they're running it into the ground.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 BenjaminBanklin
@YukoAsho said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
  • Game Pass isn't innovative or new
  • Exclusives matter and are important
  • Backwards compatibility is overrated. But I will say forward compatibility is not bad 😉
  • I'm not buying a VR rig just to play one 14 hour game 😂

Honestly, Game Pass isn't even a good thing for gaming as a whole. The "renter's mentality" is almost certain to create a race to the bottom. We already see the beginnings of that with garbage like Crackdown 3.

The only people who think otherwise are Microsoft and their sycophants, and even Microsoft seems to be waking up, if their myriad acquisitions are anything to go by.

BC is a hell of a great bonus, but yeah... I tend to keep my old systems. Learned that lesson after Grandia made me buy a PSOne.

I also agree with this. Game Pass only exists as a market-killing move by MS. Buy as much of the market as possible and dump it behind a sub paywall. The content has never been worth a regular subscription and it's a foray into killing video game ownership. The only reason it caught traction is due to aggressive astroturfing, giving it away for peanuts, and the zealotry of the Xbox fandom online and in the press.

The market never felt that strongly about any sub service until MS got into it, and then everyone decided it was great all of a sudden.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@YukoAsho said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
  • Backwards compatibility is overrated. But I will say forward compatibility is not bad 😉

Honestly, Game Pass isn't even a good thing for gaming as a whole. The "renter's mentality" is almost certain to create a race to the bottom. We already see the beginnings of that with garbage like Crackdown 3.

The only people who think otherwise are Microsoft and their sycophants, and even Microsoft seems to be waking up, if their myriad acquisitions are anything to go by.

BC is a hell of a great bonus, but yeah... I tend to keep my old systems. Learned that lesson after Grandia made me buy a PSOne.

I also agree with this. Game Pass only exists as a market-killing move by MS. Buy as much of the market as possible and dump it behind a sub paywall. The content has never been worth a regular subscription and it's a foray into killing video game ownership. The only reason it caught traction is due to aggressive astroturfing, giving it away for peanuts, and the zealotry of the Xbox fandom online and in the press.

The market never felt that strongly about any sub service until MS got into it, and then everyone decided it was great all of a sudden.

The reason GP gained traction is because it offers a wealth of great games from different genres at a great price.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#104 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

@gym_lion said:

The reason GP gained traction is because it offers a wealth of great games from different genres at a great price.

This reality is eating away at the poor chap's soul.😂

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 BenjaminBanklin

@gym_lion said:

You got a funny sense of "wealth".

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@mojito1988 said:
@ratchetclank92 said:

@mojito1988: I’m not a fan of the Hollywood movie games either, and am surprised that they are even as popular as they are. Just out of curiosity what games fall under the “bro dude game” category?

As far as my unpopular opinion, I’d have to say that WoW is overrated, just an endless amount of repetitive fetch quests, not much skill involved in most of the gameplay.

Bro dude games are like the First person shooters, and games like COD, Fortnight. Games made for teens/20 somethings to run around with guns and feel like men.

I donno man, my nephew plays the shit out of Fortnight., seems to be the social aspect. Not like, trying to pretend to be Biff from Back To The Future or anything. Just wants to play some fun shit with his mates. Like any MP game all the way back to the putting coins in an arcade machine, pretty much all games are better when played with other people.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the video game industry for going in the direction that it is going (after all it is a business), It is jut not always going to move in a direction I prefer. The indie space is excellent in recent years, and the building game genre is making gains, so those are still a big wins for me.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45492 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@YukoAsho said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Even with 18 million subscribers, MS tried to corral Xbox fans into the program by raising XBL. And yep, they always give free trials. Why don't they show who is actually paying the full price for it?

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#108 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

@nintendoboy16 why bring up a video from a news story from 30 years ago?

As for the joycons, maybe but the average consumer doesn't seem to care.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Gym_Lion

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@gym_lion said:

You got a funny sense of "wealth".

A 'wealth' can describe 'a plentiful supply of a particular desirable thing' and in my opinion gamepass has plenty of desirable games to play. To be fair they are mostly 3rd party games but they're still great.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

1) the traditional controller (PS/xbox layout) is an old limited dinosaur and it needs some major upgrades. poor devs are having to make the best of a bad situation for many games. many of the compromises are stuff we take for granted as "this is just the way the genre is and how games work" because we are playing games on, functionally, a 20+ year old design and thought process. it has also always been a cludge. its a design primarily made for 2D arcade games with some bits bolted on.

2) The vita was great. it was actually a really good system and i ended up accruing quite a nice games collection on it. indies, AA devs and 3rd parties carried it though....sony did F all. in terms of the overall quality and my own usage i think it actually gave the 3DS a very strong run for its money. i miss my Vita :(.

3) i like the look of the PS5. the size is another matter but i like the design. initially i was like "wuh?" but it has grown on me.

4) game prices need to increase and they are going to increase. either the upfront cost will increase or devs will find more ways to nickle and dime you but either way game prices are going up. personally i would just prefer to pay the cost upfront and stop the messing. this is especially important for AAA (and even AA) SP only games which are becoming a rarer breed. The reality is that MTX and mobile are stupidly huge money makers and the big players are going to make a MAJOR push for games as a service. they are going to try and get as much of that mobile business up and running on other platforms as possible. great if you love online MP. not good for SP at all.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

Resident evil 6 is not a bad game its just a bad resident evil game.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 BenjaminBanklin

@robert_sparkes said:

Resident evil 6 is not a bad game its just a bad resident evil game.

I'll still call it bad because it wants you to play through 4 different campaigns with several different play styles, with the conceit of thinking you'd enjoy all of them. The definition of "doing too much".

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#113 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

COD Black ops is a good game.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Metroid Prime: Echoes > Metroid Prime

Halo 2 campaign > Halo 2 multiplayer

Symphony of the Night > Super Metroid (although I may have some support here)

Heimskr is the greatest NPC in gaming history

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

Sea of Thieves is a great game.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Sunshine is the best 3D Mario.

The GameCube is Nintendo's best console in terms of design and library.

I thought these were universally known facts.

Having played Sunshine again recently with the 3D All Stars collection, it is definitely up there for me with Odyssey as my favourite Mario game. It just has an X factor that other Mario games don't have.

As for some of my unpopular opinions:

• Sony exclusives are generally overrated, especially Naughty Dog games (and if games like Last of Us were Xbox games, they wouldn't have scored as highly)
  • Zelda Breath of the Wild is too big/empty & generally boring
  • The PS2 is easily the most overrated console of all time (Gamecube & Xbox were the much better and more interesting consoles)
  • GTA V is boring compared to San Andreas & Vice City
  • Halo 4 is a fantastic Halo game
Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#118 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@luxuryheart: Not everyone is going to love every game you love. Get over it. That's growing up.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#119 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

Guns should be One shot kill and also no reloading. With maybe some over-heat.

The space should be blue and other colours.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ghosts4ever: You have no idea what a masterpiece is, so save your terrible opinions for your SW family in the lounge where they can protect you 🤣🤣🤣

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You would think so. Especially the latter given how every remotely popular Nintendo IP was well represented on the system.

Look at Switch: half the games on there are Wii U ports.

Meanwhile Gamecube had the best versions of Nintendo IP (Zelda, Star Fox, Mario Kart) and didn't rely soley on N64 ports.

Also Nintendo designed the console so that it was easy to take it to your friends place, by making it have a carry handle.

That's just the awesome system that Gamecube is.

How does the Gamecube have the best version of Zelda? When Zelda 1 isn't on it Link to the Past isn't on it and the goat OOT is also not on it. thats 3 zelda's better than windwaker on different systems. Bro just stop while your behind.

Star Fox 64 did you play the independence level when star wolf comes in and your up against a giant alien ship with death star laser beam and that Dog pilot comes in with the same name as the president....sometimes I don't even know if these people even played these games. The 4 player co op star fox 64 etc this blows the GC into the dumpster can.

Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario Kart are superior to Double Dash.

First off 2 player Super mario kart that was my jam doing split screen, fighting 2 player with balloons, do 150cc single player. That was my Jam Mario kart 64 great as well what are you doing do DOUBLE DASH? really? the best no. Again NO!

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#122 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You would think so. Especially the latter given how every remotely popular Nintendo IP was well represented on the system.

Meanwhile Gamecube had the best versions of Nintendo IP (Zelda, Star Fox, Mario Kart) and didn't rely soley on N64 ports.

Also Nintendo designed the console so that it was easy to take it to your friends place, by making it have a carry handle.

How does the Gamecube have the best version of Zelda? When Zelda 1 isn't on it Link to the Past isn't on it and the goat OOT is also not on it. thats 3 zelda's better than windwaker on different systems. Bro just stop while your behind.

Star Fox 64 did you play the independence level when star wolf comes in and your up against a giant alien ship with death star laser beam and that Dog pilot comes in with the same name as the president....sometimes I don't even know if these people even played these games. The 4 player co op star fox 64 etc this blows the GC into the dumpster can.

First off 2 player Super mario kart that was my jam doing split screen, fighting 2 player with balloons, do 150cc single player. That was my Jam Mario kart 64 great as well what are you doing do DOUBLE DASH? really? the best no. Again NO!

OoT was ported to Gamecube.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@eoten said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Isn't OOT on wii too with virtual console? I consider OOT a n64 title since that where it originate from if we did that Wii virtual console crushes gamecube and is the better version of twilight princess your walking in circles here dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-60bf765068a74
@girlusocrazy said:

FFXIII is good

Zelda II is good

Kingdom Hearts is bad

FFXV is bad

RE 1/2/3 + MGS aren't fun because of the aiming

Mario Odyssey is disappointing

The only good Mario Kart games are Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart DS

Hold on second dude can you explain how FF13 is good especially compared to say FF4/FF6/FF7/FF12 and i guess even games like FF8/FF9/FFX?

I just didn't see it when i played the music was trash compared to nobuo's FF's, the characters were complete trash, the level layout way 1-way corridors with no exploration at all. Were waiting dude no airship no open world just trash basically.

Zelda 2 compared to Zelda 1 is literal trash, and Link to the past runs laps around Zelda 2.

The only thing good about zelda 2 is the music and the palace theme taht was not zelda to me.

Kingdom Hearts is epic as hell it was a fantastic experience I maxxed out every character got every keyblade, beat sephiroth it was old school SquareSoft level game that the quality you got with it. Dude.

Resident Evil 2 and Metal Gear solid game are all tons of fun to play I even play MGS VR missions just for the gameplay not even the story i love that shooting an stuff in that game what is wrong with you

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#125  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@eoten said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Isn't OOT on wii too with virtual console? I consider OOT a n64 title since that where it originate from if we did that Wii virtual console crushes gamecube and is the better version of twilight princess your walking in circles here dude.

You said the Gamecube didn't have OoT because it didn't have to rely on the past generation. I pointed out that it actually does have OoT, contrary to your belief. It wasn't a virtual console or emulation, but a port. So you were wrong.

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#126 YukoAsho
Member since 2004 • 3737 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Even with 18 million subscribers, MS tried to corral Xbox fans into the program by raising XBL. And yep, they always give free trials. Why don't they show who is actually paying the full price for it?

Huh? Does Game Pass come with multiplayer?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@YukoAsho said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Huh? Does Game Pass come with multiplayer?

It doesn't come for multiplayer for any of games you purchased without GamePass its the same Playstation now you can only play games on that service online. IF you got online with all your games people would just buy those instead of PS+ and XBL but they don't so people need both.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1934 Posts

@briguyb13 said:

@luxuryheart: Not everyone is going to love every game you love. Get over it. That's growing up.

Except, it's not just "I don't like the game." People on the Internet HATE Fortnite and Epic, and they want to see it destroyed, simply because it's popular with the kids of this time. Like when Apex Legends came out, you had so many people acting like that game would destroy Fortnite and some people hopped on AL simply to help make that dream come true, then they left when it turns out that Fortnite still wasn't going anywhere; to be fair though, Apex is still alive and thriving and has a large and loyal fanbase, but it was cringe to see people jumping on that train simply because they hate Fortnite. Even the EGS hate has a lot to do with Fortnite hatred. It's extremely pathetic. Many people will also tell blatant LIES about the game to prove their point that any one who actually has played the game can debunk, or is simply outdated.

• Monetization:"The monetization is problematic!" Fortnite gives you the entire battle royale game for free. You can play in creatives for free and you can play every mode for free. The whole map is available to you for free! Sections of the map won't be inaccessible to you if you don't pay. This is different from Call of Duty where if you don't buy DLC, over half of the maps are gone and half of the story is missing from the main campaign! The only monetize the skins that are optional, and they're even generous with that! Fortnite literally has a Battle Pass where you can purchase it for $8 and get it free forever once you max it out. Like it costs 950 v-bucks, $8 (permanent price drop, v-bucks used to be $10) gets you 1,000 v-bucks, and you win 1,500 v-bucks in the battle pass (300 in the free pass). So if you decide to buy the next battle pass, you can have 550 left over. So in 3 battlepasses that's 1,650 extra v-bucks, which is enough to buy an epic skin or a really good 1,200 v-bucks skin (one of my favorite skins is the Dark Bomber and Sun Bird, which are 1,200 v-bucks.
  • No modes that have a respawn:"I queue for a game, loot for 5-10 minutes, get killed by a random sniper, queue up for another lobby, and then rinse and repeat. Fun game! Not!" This is false. Fortnite has had several different modes that allow you to respawn, those are usually the big team fight modes. Disco Domination, Food Fight, and Team Rumble. Those are large team fight modes that are 30v30, 50v50, 15v15, etc. And they always make sure to have a least one mode that is a respawn mode. So that is literally a blatant lie that people who hate Fortnite make up.
  • Toxic Community: every community has toxic people. Celebrity stans are toxic, console fans are toxic, PC fans are toxic, Apple/Samsung fans are toxic, etc. This is an excuse.
  • Emotes and Money: this is the only legit reason to hate Epic. I dislike how they take dances from people and don't pay them a percentage of the profits from that dance. I also think they should pay a percentage of money they make from the music behind the dances as well.
judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#131 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7356 Posts

Twisted Metal 4 is underrated, Black is overrated, 2012 is the best game in the series.

Prince of Persia 2008 is a good game. Not as good as SoT, but better than Assassin's Creed 2.

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon is awesome.

So is Soul Calibur 5.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2082 Posts

MGS5 was the worst MGS game.

Silent Hill 4 had the best story out of the franchise

B grade RPG games such as Greedfall, Risen are actually amazing.

The term "movie game" is ridiculous.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#133 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Litchie said:

Gamecube is by far the best Nintendo console. BY FAR.

Call of Duty is terrible.

Assassin's Creed is terrible.

How are these hot takes? The GameCube praise? About as much a hot take as saying Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of Sith are good. It may have been controversial initially, not now. Because "f*** what released after that!"

And the internet LOVES to hate on Assassin's Creed and COD!

Gamecube sold like crap. Those loving it are in the minority. And most people's favorite Nintendo system is either the NES or SNES, as far as forums go, from what I've seen.

CoD and AC sells like butter. Those hating them are in the minority.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Litchie
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Thats the most popular opinion my friend

The most popular opinion is that they're great. Which world do you live in?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Litchie

@luxuryheart said:
@briguyb13 said:

Except, it's not just "I don't like the game." People on the Internet HATE Fortnite and Epic, and they want to see it destroyed, simply because it's popular with the kids of this time.

No. Most people hate it because of more reasons than that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#136 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25061 Posts

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

thats popular opinion of mainstream media and casual gamers.

more of core gamers think both are bad.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Gym_Lion

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

And what makes one persons opinion more valid than another's?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#138 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59324 Posts

@gym_lion said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

And what makes one persons opinion more valid than another's?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Sure. And since there are vastly more casual gamers than "core gamers", it makes those gamers disliking CoD and AC a minority.

We could act like the real world doesn't exist outside forums, but that'd be stupid.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Halo has always been mediocre, MP can be OK with friends. Horizon Zero Dawn had boring gameplay. Ummm, I can't think of anything else right now :P

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Gym_Lion

Nobody cares how good you are at games

Nobody cares how hardcore you think you are

The games you play do not make you better then anyone else.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Sure. And since there are vastly more casual gamers than "core gamers", it makes those gamers disliking CoD and AC a minority.

We could act like the real world doesn't exist outside forums, but that'd be stupid.

outside of forums. PC gamers build expensive PC just to play DOTA, PUBG, CSGO. outside of forums COD and BF called king of gaming, Deus Ex and STALKER doesnot exist, last of us 2 is best game ever made even one of my friend said "LAST OF US IS SO GOOD IT FEEL LIKE IM WATCHING MOVIE. SO EMOTIONAL!!" like its a good thing lol.

even lesser casuals who are only waiting for GTA6 and think we will forget everygame when GEE TEE AA SIX released!!.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

I guess it would be, the BS Jive, is AwesomeSauce and the WeakSauce XSX is for the birds. lol :P

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#144  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

@Litchie said:

Gamecube sold like crap. Those loving it are in the minority. And most people's favorite Nintendo system is either the NES or SNES, as far as forums go, from what I've seen.

CoD and AC sells like butter. Those hating them are in the minority.

Yeah... in it's initial run. Then the Wii, Wii U, and Switch (in some cases) came out, and now the internet "loves" the GameCube as if the hate it got NEVER happened (hence: revisionist history). It came from not only gamers (at least the ones I grew up with in Jr. High school, holy shit...), even most of the press hated it (G4 being a MAJOR player in that, hate to say). Handhelds are/were a bit of a different story (like how SOME aspects of Disney Star Wars are treated differently from the main films, mainly Rogue One and The Mandalorian). For god's sake, the games on that platform are being scalped to hell and back before the PS5 and XSX's release.

I don't give a damn how well COD and AC sell, it's practically cool to hate those franchises (personally, I have up on COD after Black Ops II, but that's just me).

Neither of these are unpopular opinions. No matter how you spin it!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39699 Posts

Here's one more. The Switch is on par with the Wii. Both being the worse Nintendo systems ever created.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@robbie23 said:

MGS5 was the world's longest tech demo.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Ghosts4ever

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@robbie23 said:

MGS5 was the world's longest tech demo.

RDR2 is largest Tech demo. incredible detailed graphics yet game is dull as dishwasher.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@luxuryheart said:
@briguyb13 said:

Except, it's not just "I don't like the game." People on the Internet HATE Fortnite and Epic, and they want to see it destroyed, simply because it's popular with the kids of this time. Like when Apex Legends came out, you had so many people acting like that game would destroy Fortnite and some people hopped on AL simply to help make that dream come true, then they left when it turns out that Fortnite still wasn't going anywhere; to be fair though, Apex is still alive and thriving and has a large and loyal fanbase, but it was cringe to see people jumping on that train simply because they hate Fortnite. Even the EGS hate has a lot to do with Fortnite hatred. It's extremely pathetic. Many people will also tell blatant LIES about the game to prove their point that any one who actually has played the game can debunk, or is simply outdated.

• Monetization:"The monetization is problematic!" Fortnite gives you the entire battle royale game for free. You can play in creatives for free and you can play every mode for free. The whole map is available to you for free! Sections of the map won't be inaccessible to you if you don't pay. This is different from Call of Duty where if you don't buy DLC, over half of the maps are gone and half of the story is missing from the main campaign! The only monetize the skins that are optional, and they're even generous with that! Fortnite literally has a Battle Pass where you can purchase it for $8 and get it free forever once you max it out. Like it costs 950 v-bucks, $8 (permanent price drop, v-bucks used to be $10) gets you 1,000 v-bucks, and you win 1,500 v-bucks in the battle pass (300 in the free pass). So if you decide to buy the next battle pass, you can have 550 left over. So in 3 battlepasses that's 1,650 extra v-bucks, which is enough to buy an epic skin or a really good 1,200 v-bucks skin (one of my favorite skins is the Dark Bomber and Sun Bird, which are 1,200 v-bucks.
  • No modes that have a respawn:"I queue for a game, loot for 5-10 minutes, get killed by a random sniper, queue up for another lobby, and then rinse and repeat. Fun game! Not!" This is false. Fortnite has had several different modes that allow you to respawn, those are usually the big team fight modes. Disco Domination, Food Fight, and Team Rumble. Those are large team fight modes that are 30v30, 50v50, 15v15, etc. And they always make sure to have a least one mode that is a respawn mode. So that is literally a blatant lie that people who hate Fortnite make up.
  • Toxic Community: every community has toxic people. Celebrity stans are toxic, console fans are toxic, PC fans are toxic, Apple/Samsung fans are toxic, etc. This is an excuse.
  • Emotes and Money: this is the only legit reason to hate Epic. I dislike how they take dances from people and don't pay them a percentage of the profits from that dance. I also think they should pay a percentage of money they make from the music behind the dances as well.

There's much more to it than that. Check out this video to learn what's really going on with your precious Fortnite:

Loading Video...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Ghosts4ever

Another I forgot.

Crysis was console shooter first and foremost that released as PC exclusive. the game had scripted moments, on rail segments, ADS combat, Regen health and everything modern console FPS had and if exact same game been multiplat it would not be praised that much by PC gamers.