Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#902  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6458 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: Maybe tag dabear as he might have it. I can't tag anyone on my mobile. I know I posted in that thread, so maybe I can find it if I get time later on.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#903 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@ghostofgolden: Shitty can mean anything. I’m talking about competency and the standards have definitely been lowered.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#904 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2588 Posts

@last_lap said:

@blaznwiipspman1: Maybe tag dabear as he might have it. I can't tag anyone on my mobile. I know I posted in that thread, so maybe I can find it if I get time later on.

You can tag on mobile. You just have to “request desktop website,” and all the normal features become available.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#905 Last_Lap

@ghostofgolden: Yeah nah, the writing is so small that it's not worth the effort zooming in on it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#906 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41564 Posts

Okay, this has to be the BIGGEST L with this. Oh my god... Kotick is not planning on leaving. MS isn't cleaning up leadership at all.

What a f***ing waste of money.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#907  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3463 Posts

@nintendoboy16: For sure, it will be terrible if Microsoft keeps him. Although that's him basically wanting to keep his place.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#908 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Okay, this has to be the BIGGEST L with this. Oh my god... Kotick is not planning on leaving. MS isn't cleaning up leadership at all.

What a f***ing waste of money.

We'll see. But I think maybe MS won't reveal any plans for Activision changes to anyone even at Activision until the inks dry, but who knows.

I think despite what he wants, it'll be a PR problem MS don't need to keep him around. MS can't have that.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#909 Last_Lap

@nintendoboy16: Even if he does stay he will have his wings clipped, so he will be basically useless.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#910 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts

"I've committed to Microsoft for as long or as little as they need me for the integration."

It's about continuity and stability. Translation, we need to maintain the stock price so we don't cause a sell off or market fluctuations, which shareholders don't like.

He's done at Activision, no way they'll keep him on other than as a consultant, probably unpaid

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#911 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16582 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Bobby kotic wasn't the one harassing women, at least not recently. It was other workers harassing other female workers. When you run a massive company you can't really oversee every little thing.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#912  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1023 Posts

I hope MS starts making ActiBlizz games exclusive asap. After what Sony did to FF16, making me wait for the non trash version.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#913 Last_Lap

@blaznwiipspman1: Mate, don't make excuses for that douchebag, it's common knowledge what happened.

You're only making yourself look bad. If MS were smart they would get rid of him as soon as the deal is signed off. Or at the very least have him sweeping the floors and nothing else.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#914 nintendoboy16

Well, looks like Sony IS giving something of theirs to Xbox... that is monopolized (as I keep pointing out).

I admit. Kinda hilarious.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#915 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70035 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Well, looks like Sony IS giving something of theirs to Xbox... that is monopolized (as I keep pointing out).

Please tell me you are kidding with the monopoly claim.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#916 Last_Lap

@nintendoboy16: Geez everything is a monopoly to you, speaking of when are you going after Nintendo for having a monopoly on the handheld console market?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#917 nintendoboy16

@Pedro said:

Please tell me you are kidding with the monopoly claim.

I am not! Crunchyroll (both the platform AND the company), which also includes Funimation (Dragon Ball and One Piece being their biggest licenses... hell, Funi already had a lot of licenses before they were bought... now you know my theory that Sony could buy someone like Bandai Namco in retaliation?) are owned by Sony and have a hell of a hold on the anime localization history. They even own Aniplex and now RightStufAnime. And a lot of anime enthusiasts cannot STAND them for that (in addition to out of touch criticisms of how localization works, and how Sony screwed WB/Toonami/Adult Swim). I can't stand it either.

@last_lap said:

@nintendoboy16: Geez everything is a monopoly to you, speaking of when are you going after Nintendo for having a monopoly on the handheld console market?

You mean the same handheld market that was damaged by mobile gaming and hasn't exactly recovered? Nintendo DID eventually pay the price for it (to the point where even THEY were forced on that market because Wii U was doing so terribly and investors wouldn't STFU). Plus, their competition (Atari with Lynx, SEGA with Game Gear, Sony with PSVita even though PSP was successful) continuously f***ed up every time they tried to compete.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#918 Pedro

@nintendoboy16: So, you are saying that Sony holds a monopoly in anime because of localization? Am I understandung you correctly?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#919 Last_Lap

@nintendoboy16: None of those you mentioned were handheld consoles like the Switch is, that is what I am referring to.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#920 nintendoboy16

@Pedro said:

@nintendoboy16: So, you are saying that Sony holds a monopoly in anime because of localization? Am I understandung you correctly?

Because of the companies, which includes the biggest of them all (Crunchyroll/Funimation), they own. That's what I'm saying. And that's what makes Game Pass allowing two and a half months of Crunchyroll (Sony owned) subscriptions free, hilarious.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#921  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@nintendoboy16 said:

You mean the same handheld market that was damaged by mobile gaming and hasn't exactly recovered? Nintendo DID eventually pay the price for it (to the point where even THEY were forced on that market because Wii U was doing so terribly and investors wouldn't STFU). Plus, their competition (Atari with Lynx, SEGA with Game Gear, Sony with PSVita even though PSP was successful) continuously f***ed up every time they tried to compete.

That's interesting. Nintendo was "forced", but the others "continually f***ed up every time they tried to compete".

Sounds a bit like a double standard there. :-S

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#922 onesiphorus  Online
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: Double standards (and hypocrisy) is one of the traits of being a gaming fanboy, as fanboys like to impose their standards on others, but they almost never impose these same standards on themselves.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#923 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56290 Posts

@last_lap said:

PC handhelds are now a thing.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#924 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@davillain said:

PC handhelds are now a thing.

YES they are 😎

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#925  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@nintendoboy16 said:

I found this funny too, but business is just business. As for crunchy roll, im a subscriber, but the fact that sony charges netflix money for the service is a joke. I pay the discount rate that its worth.

The worst part is as you said, funimation is also owned by sony, so its a true monopoly for anime.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#926 nintendoboy16

@HalcyonScarlet: Miss the part where I said the Wii U struggled and investors wouldn't shut up about Nintendo needing to be mobile, if not third party? That's what I mean by "forced".

But the "others f***ed up frequently" was about their former hold on the now dead handheld market.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#927 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1408 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@palasta said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@palasta said:
@Pedro said:

Look at you, going 40 years ago meanwhile, I am referring to the past decade. The truth of Sony's practices really dug deep.😂

Why only the past decade? Sony entered the console business 30 years ago. The first Playstation hardware came out in 1994. A little to close to the "normalization" started by Nintendo i guess. Especially when considered the historical context why "normalization" happened.

You hope to demonize Sony, but since you don't know shit, you don't know who why when, you utterly failed. You see, i don't need to talk out of my ass. I don't hold up the shield of morality and have to rely on drama show, being a hypocrit like you. I say it as it is, truthfully and objectively: MICROSOFT SUCKS! This isn't limited to videogaming, but all in all, MS is not very good at what they do. It becomes very apparent when taking a closer look what MS has dabbled in. But i know, not the kind of information you're looking for. You don't know shit and you don't want to know shit.

Actually MS is VERY good at what they "do", which is software and services. MS OSs, Office based software and a lot of services that businesses use. Most governments and retail business around the world use MS based products. That's what MS "does" as in the main focus of their business.

Sometimes what MS "dabbles" in doesn't always work out... Just like Sony. I mean, Beta Max, Mini Disc, MP3 Walkman, PS Vita, for a few examples. Outside of PS, Sony has had some of the worst written software for their own products too making them difficult to use, such as the ATRAC software for their MP3 Walkmans.

I'm not saying this to poke at Sony, but just to point out some balance that it's a fairly normal practice for all companies to try and fail at things. Such as Google with Stadia. Google has so many successful businesses, just like Sony and just like MS. They all have a huge list of failed businesses too. Amazon and Firephone for example.

That's right. Microsoft provides operating systems and other software solutions to billions of devices. You might imagine they would be good at managing game studios, making gaming software, make use of existing IPs and creating new game franchises/IPs. But they're not. Far from it. As a matter of fact, they themselves said so.

Microsoft has admitted that Sony has more exclusive games that are "better quality" than its own.

https://www.eurogamer.net/microsoft-admits-many-playstation-exclusives-better-quality-than-those-on-xbox

According to you, it's because Microsoft is good at what they're doing.

"admitted". Pfhahhaha. Anyone who does a little research can see that.

I didn't say that, don't be a fanboy. I said MS are good at their main businesses.

MS also said that the gameplay of Sony's movie games suck: "Naughty Dog still can't seem to make decent gun combat in any of their games, and this one is no exception."

Sony exclusives are better quality... At least when it comes to graphics and story. But MS never specified. I HIGHLY doubt they'd say that about the gameplay.

Also MS management has only impacted development time really. Unless you want to use both sides. For every Halo Infinite multiplayer there's a Forza Horizon. If you want to blame them for Redfall... I'm cool with that, that means MS is also to blame for the 10/10 Deathloop.

Where's Sony's current gen 10/10? Must be their management. I mean Sony is awesome right, three games last year, two were only 8s. *shrug. Must be the management. Why is there only one game this year from Sony? Must be the management. Damn they SUCK. I mean what happened at the Sony Showcase this year... That management... Right?

A-HAHAHAHAH! Microsoft critizising other games. Good one.

Like it matters what Microsofts says. I explicity wrote:

Anyone who does a little research can see that.

For example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Microsoft_franchises

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Sony_Interactive_Entertainment_franchises

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Nintendo_franchises

"Not even close"

Show me the post where i "blamed Microsoft for Redfall". The main issue was Microsofts statement about the state of the game. They thought the game would be reviewed a lot better! It aligns with their "hands off approach". Or "we don't care about quality and innovation". Their only investment in the game was canceling the PS5 version.

Where's Sony's current gen 10/10? Must be their management. I mean Sony is awesome right, three games last year, two were only 8s. *shrug. Must be the management. Why is there only one game this year from Sony? Must be the management. Damn they SUCK. I mean what happened at the Sony Showcase this year... That management... Right?

What nonsense. Helldivers2 is scheduled for 2023. A Sony game IP for 10 years and anticipated by many. So much for your little "analysis", the usual attempt to narrow down the subject to digestable timeframes and items, trying to block out the greater picture, in order to support your fanboy narrative.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#928 HalcyonScarlet

@palasta said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@palasta said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@palasta said:

Why only the past decade? Sony entered the console business 30 years ago. The first Playstation hardware came out in 1994. A little to close to the "normalization" started by Nintendo i guess. Especially when considered the historical context why "normalization" happened.

You hope to demonize Sony, but since you don't know shit, you don't know who why when, you utterly failed. You see, i don't need to talk out of my ass. I don't hold up the shield of morality and have to rely on drama show, being a hypocrit like you. I say it as it is, truthfully and objectively: MICROSOFT SUCKS! This isn't limited to videogaming, but all in all, MS is not very good at what they do. It becomes very apparent when taking a closer look what MS has dabbled in. But i know, not the kind of information you're looking for. You don't know shit and you don't want to know shit.

Actually MS is VERY good at what they "do", which is software and services. MS OSs, Office based software and a lot of services that businesses use. Most governments and retail business around the world use MS based products. That's what MS "does" as in the main focus of their business.

Sometimes what MS "dabbles" in doesn't always work out... Just like Sony. I mean, Beta Max, Mini Disc, MP3 Walkman, PS Vita, for a few examples. Outside of PS, Sony has had some of the worst written software for their own products too making them difficult to use, such as the ATRAC software for their MP3 Walkmans.

I'm not saying this to poke at Sony, but just to point out some balance that it's a fairly normal practice for all companies to try and fail at things. Such as Google with Stadia. Google has so many successful businesses, just like Sony and just like MS. They all have a huge list of failed businesses too. Amazon and Firephone for example.

That's right. Microsoft provides operating systems and other software solutions to billions of devices. You might imagine they would be good at managing game studios, making gaming software, make use of existing IPs and creating new game franchises/IPs. But they're not. Far from it. As a matter of fact, they themselves said so.

Microsoft has admitted that Sony has more exclusive games that are "better quality" than its own.

https://www.eurogamer.net/microsoft-admits-many-playstation-exclusives-better-quality-than-those-on-xbox

According to you, it's because Microsoft is good at what they're doing.

"admitted". Pfhahhaha. Anyone who does a little research can see that.

I didn't say that, don't be a fanboy. I said MS are good at their main businesses.

MS also said that the gameplay of Sony's movie games suck: "Naughty Dog still can't seem to make decent gun combat in any of their games, and this one is no exception."

Sony exclusives are better quality... At least when it comes to graphics and story. But MS never specified. I HIGHLY doubt they'd say that about the gameplay.

Also MS management has only impacted development time really. Unless you want to use both sides. For every Halo Infinite multiplayer there's a Forza Horizon. If you want to blame them for Redfall... I'm cool with that, that means MS is also to blame for the 10/10 Deathloop.

A-HAHAHAHAH! Microsoft critizising other games. Good one.

Like it matters what Microsofts says. I explicity wrote:

Anyone who does a little research can see that.

For example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Microsoft_franchises

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Sony_Interactive_Entertainment_franchises

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Nintendo_franchises

"Not even close"

Show me the post where i "blamed Microsoft for Redfall". The main issue was Microsofts statement about the state of the game. They thought the game would be reviewed a lot better! It aligns with their "hands off approach". Or "we don't care about quality and innovation". Their only investment in the game was canceling the PS5 version.

What nonsense. Helldivers2 is scheduled for 2023. A Sony game IP for 10 years and anticipated by many. So much for your little "analysis", the usual attempt to narrow down the subject to digestable timeframes and items, trying to block out the greater picture, in order to support your fanboy narrative.

LOL you sound REAL mad here.

So when you think MS praised Sony's games THEN it matters what they say. No consistency. And yes they can criticise others games.

What is the context of showing me how many franchises each has? Half of SIE's franchises are sports or other licences or shit no one cares about or are from defunct studios.

LOL Helldivers 2. It's a 3rd party exclusive game. What are Sony's Studios doing? "Bu bu bu teh management" Yeah, I "did a little research". :-S

And you call that a fanboy narrative which is funny, because I'm just parodying the shit the cows say. HOW did you not see that. Were you so busy foaming at the mouth you missed it. I was literally mocking cow rhetoric. I still am, I'm just using your own cow nonsense against you and it seems cows can dish it out but they can't take it.

The funny things is, I was never involved in your shit arguments. I was just commenting on what you said about MSs business, and since I pulled all of that apart, then you put all your nonsense on me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#929 Pedro

@HalcyonScarlet said:cows can dish it out but they can't take it.

That is why I am always serving them.😂

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#930 HalcyonScarlet
@Pedro said:

You'll have to teach the ways:

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#931 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 13052 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:
@last_lap said:

You can tag on mobile. You just have to “request desktop website,” and all the normal features become available.

You are the one that taught me that, and it works in Safari on my iPhone. But I can't get it to work in Chrome on my iPhone.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#932 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 13052 Posts

Did Sony buy Arrowhead Game Studios now? Last I heard they are the developers of Helldivers 2, not Sony.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#933 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45331 Posts
Loading Video...

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#935 palasta
@Pedro said:

Really?

@palasta said:
@Pedro said:
@palasta said:

Who normalzied what?

"Nintendo monopolised the market by having third-parties sign an exclusivity agreement if they wanted to make games for the NES."

https://www.switchaboo.com/nintendos-love-hate-love-relationship-with-third-party-developers-a-historical-perspective-2/

"dishonest shill"

Look at you, going 40 years ago meanwhile, I am referring to the past decade. The truth of Sony's practices really dug deep.😂

Tell me again... no wait... you actually never gave an explanation to why the "normalization" was started by Sony 10 years ago, and nobody else but them. Not 20, not 30, not 40 years. Why 10? What happened 10 years ago? Wait... are you saying, Microsofts undeniably worst console, the TV TV TV, the kinecting water cooler, DRM backpaddling, secret sauce, made Microsoft quit hardware sales, cloud power, xtothebone gohome was all Sonys doing?

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#936 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1340 Posts

@palasta said:

Dealing with you people is like handling a bunch of birthday-retards high on sugary sugary cake. No matter how comprehensible, no matter how exact i express myself.

@HalcyonScarlet:

So when you think MS praised Sony's games THEN it matters what they say.

I repeat:

Like it matters what Microsofts says.

No, it really doesn't. Why should it? It's a cherry on top at the very most, to mock you desperate xbots. You won't even except the truth when the horse itself tells you.

What is the context of showing me how many franchises each has? Half of SIE's franchises are sports or other licences or shit no one cares about or are from defunct studios.

I know, i know. Nothing really matters to xbots, not console sales, not games sales, not new/old IPs, not scores.

LOL Helldivers 2. It's a 3rd party exclusive game. What are Sony's Studios doing? "Bu bu bu teh management" Yeah, I "did a little research".

Did you find this out all by yourself? Conglatulations. Alas. You're doing it again, you always try to narrow the narrative down to your fanboy BS.

Investing into actual games, new IPs, old IPs, first or third party, enriching the platform consideredly and exclusively, building incetive for the competition to do the same. Actually taking the risk in creating something new from the ground, like Helldivers. This in contrast to Microsofts panic acquisitions because they suck at developing games and managing studios. I know i know, it's actually all Sonys fault. When Microsoft failed to secure an exclusive by a prestigious japanese developer (THIRD PARTY) it was sabotaged by Sony... prbly... somehow...

Btw.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/scalebound-revival-could-happen-following-reported-talks-between-xbox-and-platinum-games/1100-6510627/

Ouuh... what gives? Is Microsofts box not sucking ass this generation and actually capable of displaying Kamyias vision as intended?

Did it matter Insomniac was independent when the first Spiderman came out? Or other games? Like R&C and Resistance games? You want it to be strictly first party? Why? I mean, it doesn't really matter. Microsoft fails at first and third party development all the same.

I assume you never heard of Sony Xdev?

XDev serves as the primary collaborator for various first- and third-party studios who partner to develop exclusive titles forPlayStationconsoles. As part of its services, XDev offers full production, management, funding and game design support for their partners' projects, as well as community support, online support and publishing.

https://playstation-studios.fandom.com/wiki/XDev

And you call that a fanboy narrative which is funny, because I'm just parodying the shit the cows say. HOW did you not see that. Were you so busy foaming at the mouth you missed it. I was literally mocking cow rhetoric. I still am, I'm just using your own cow nonsense against you and it seems cows can dish it out but they can't take it.

What we see here is a desperate Xbot who can't articulate and justify his fangirling for Microsoft. Sonys studios are doing fine i guess. If you haven't noticed, the frequency of biggest games released has decreased considerably when compared to 20 years ago. That's why today it is more important than ever to cultivate studios and their respective games. It comes to no surprise that Microsoft had become desperate at this stage in videogame history, resorting to drastic measures. Their laziness and incompetence has backfired hard.

Palasata said,No matter how comprehensible, no matter how exact i express myself.

Palasats also said,Dealing with you people is like handling a bunch of birthday-retards.

Look at you expressing yourself all comprehensible and shit.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#937  Edited By KathaarianCode

Palasta is incorporating the typical raging Sony hate boy. That's cool, we've been a few months without one of those.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#938 HalcyonScarlet

@palasta said:

Dealing with you people is like handling a bunch of birthday-retards high on sugary sugary cake. No matter how comprehensible, no matter how exact i express myself.

@HalcyonScarlet:

I repeat:

No, it really doesn't. Why should it? It's a cherry on top at the very most, to mock you desperate xbots. You won't even except the truth when the horse itself tells you.

I know, i know. Nothing really matters to xbots, not console sales, not games sales, not new/old IPs, not scores.

LOL Helldivers 2. It's a 3rd party exclusive game. What are Sony's Studios doing? "Bu bu bu teh management" Yeah, I "did a little research".

Did you find this out all by yourself? Conglatulations. Alas. You're doing it again, you always try to narrow the narrative down to your fanboy BS.

Investing into actual games, new IPs, old IPs, first or third party, enriching the platform consideredly and exclusively, building incetive for the competition to do the same. Actually taking the risk in creating something new from the ground, like Helldivers. This in contrast to Microsofts panic acquisitions because they suck at developing games and managing studios. I know i know, it's actually all Sonys fault. When Microsoft failed to secure an exclusive by a prestigious japanese developer (THIRD PARTY) it was sabotaged by Sony... prbly... somehow...

Btw.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/scalebound-revival-could-happen-following-reported-talks-between-xbox-and-platinum-games/1100-6510627/

Ouuh... what gives? Is Microsofts box not sucking ass this generation and actually capable of displaying Kamyias vision as intended?

Did it matter Insomniac was independent when the first Spiderman came out? Or other games? Like R&C and Resistance games? You want it to be strictly first party? Why? I mean, it doesn't really matter. Microsoft fails at first and third party development all the same.

XDev serves as the primary collaborator for various first- and third-party studios who partner to develop exclusive titles forPlayStationconsoles. As part of its services, XDev offers full production, management, funding and game design support for their partners' projects, as well as community support, online support and publishing.

What we see here is a desperate Xbot who can't articulate and justify his fangirling for Microsoft. Sonys studios are doing fine i guess. If you haven't noticed, the frequency of biggest games released has decreased considerably when compared to 20 years ago. That's why today it is more important than ever to cultivate studios and their respective games. It comes to no surprise that Microsoft had become desperate at this stage in videogame history, resorting to drastic measures. Their laziness and incompetence has backfired hard.

"Did you find this out all by yourself? Conglatulations. Alas. You're doing it again, you always try to narrow the narrative down to your fanboy BS."

That's the cows narrative not mine. 'Only counts when MS/Sony studios do it themselves.'.

Continuing with the cows narrative, putting pen to paper and signing a deal doesn't count as creativity coming from MS/Sony.

You might want to hold a cow meeting and find out what's what before coming back to me, get your ducks in order.

"This in contrast to Microsofts panic acquisitions because they suck at developing games and managing studios."

What panic acquisitions did MS make? Was it 3.4B for bungie, while allowing them to act independently? Glass houses. NO ONE gets the point of that purchase, it's that dumb. MS bought Zenimax and ABK. That, in contrast, is a lot of talent and a lot of ips. Bungie barely even owns any ips. Talk about knee jerk purchases. Yeah MS must have felt owned for all of 5 minutes.

Why in the **** are you now telling me about Xdev. You still don't get it. Same with your frachise thing. If you don't add your context, what do you want me to do with this information?

Dude, you are the one acting special needs. It just looks like you rushed out another BS reply. Your last paragraph is pure fanboyism, it takes into consideration nothing about how the industry works, just your own opinion.

I can't believe you buy the myth that Sony "cultivates" or nurtures studios. ALL they do is leave them alone, don't rush them and give them a big budget. That's it. The rest in nonsense.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#939 HalcyonScarlet

@saint-george said:
@palasta said:

@HalcyonScarlet:

I repeat:

Btw.

Palasata said,No matter how comprehensible, no matter how exact i express myself.

Palasats also said,Dealing with you people is like handling a bunch of birthday-retards.

Look at you expressing yourself all comprehensible and shit.

He's too busy frothing at the mouth with anger to make sense.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#940 Pedro

@palasta: You still bitter over me referring to more current behavior versus behaviors over 2 decades ago? 😂 You truly are entertaining with the amount of spinning and raging just to damage control Sony's behavior.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#941  Edited By nintendoboy16

Now look what you did, Microsoft... *keeps an eye on Bandai Namco and Square Enix, even through investments*

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#942  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@nintendoboy16: this is all sonys fault. They started this nonsense with paid 3rd party exclusives, exclusive content, marketing scam deals. MS just going to war now. I don't blame Sony, if they didn't do it, some other scumbag company would have. Blame capitalism and the current system of patents, trademarks, IP.

Personally I don't see MS doing too much damage to Sony. Since MS is all about multiplats with gamepass, and subscription services. Sony will just have to shift more to their first party games. I trust MS with this more than I do Sony.

I think MS should raise the price and get rid of day 1 for big games like cod and halo. They should be profitable. FTC and other regulators should definitely question MS intentions by blowing so much money without having idea of making that money back. I would question their motives to be honest, nobody is a Saint, we all have ulterior motives.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#943 lebanese_boy

@nintendoboy16: The video game industry oligopoly is inevitable now. We'll all have to accept it sooner or later.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#944  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@nintendoboy16: this is all sonys fault. They started this nonsense with paid 3rd party exclusives, exclusive content, marketing scam deals. MS just going to war now. I don't blame Sony, if they didn't do it, some other scumbag company would have. Blame capitalism and the current system of patents, trademarks, IP.

It's easier for them to excuse Sony and blame MS.

They think that Sony is just doing what Nintendo does, but they're not.

If this was just business, Sony would be like Nintendo and focus on their own 1st party games only, while leaving 3rd party games free. There was no need for Sony to strangle the competition with 3rd party exclusive contracts too. If Nintendo, Sony and MS just focused on their own games, everyone would be doing great business, it would quite literally be a "fair game".

It's interesting that no one points out that Sony wants to strangle MS out of the market. Only difference is, Matt Booty said it in an email for MS. But Sony shows it through their actions.

Eventually when you corner someone, they lash out. MS has quite a lot of money to lash out with.

Maybe this won't impact Sony too much. But I think it's also about making Xbox's businesses more immune to Sony's dirty exclusive contract game. Between MS, Zenimax and ABK, that's a metric ton of ips. So even if Sony gets big game exclusives here or there, interest won't drop for Xbox services in the future. So I think in that way it may even the playing field.

Before, SFV, and all these Final Fantasy games and whatever other deals Sony had, were big blows to Xboxs business. But now Xbox also has all these other ips, I don't see how even these big game deals can effect Xbox as badly in the future. Sure, you're going to buy PS to play Final Fantasy for example, but you're going to have to come back if you want games like Doom, Elder Scrolls and whatever else. That's what I think MS is trying to do.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#945  Edited By KathaarianCode

The real question here is if you're ready to be drafted to fight in the console wars.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#946 nintendoboy16

@lebanese_boy: Issue is: no one should. If Disney is harped on for it.

Funny how Phil claims how he hates the console wars, yet this incident proves that is as much a lie like anything the three princes of lies (Peter, Randy, Todd) in the games industry would say.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#947 lebanese_boy

@nintendoboy16: I mean sure, we shouldn't. But we'll have to whether we like it or not. At the end of the day our opinion is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. The oligopoly is inevitable, so much that I was confident from day 1 that the Microsoft deal was going to go through.

Also **** Disney.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#948 nintendoboy16

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Personally I don't see MS doing too much damage to Sony. Since MS is all about multiplats with gamepass, and subscription services. Sony will just have to shift more to their first party games. I trust MS with this more than I do Sony.

I think MS should raise the price and get rid of day 1 for big games like cod and halo. They should be profitable. FTC and other regulators should definitely question MS intentions by blowing so much money without having idea of making that money back. I would question their motives to be honest, nobody is a Saint, we all have ulterior motives.

Oh look! My MAIN problem with this. With any company. Including Sony. Including Nintendo. Just don't bring those two up... in a thread about Microsoft, doesn't mean I'm white knighting this when anyone else does it. Why do you think I bring up Sony and their hold on the anime localization industry (Crunchyroll)?

Microsoft is an abuser of this. And all I see was cheerleading to "own Sony", and look at Sony's plan now. They're gonna retaliate. And there will be loads of hypocrisy over this. We're already seeing "but that's different" excuses over Tencent being top investor of Techland recently.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#949 palasta

@Pedro said:

@palasta: You still bitter over me referring to more current behavior versus behaviors over 2 decades ago? 😂 You truly are entertaining with the amount of spinning and raging just to damage control Sony's behavior.

Yeayeayea. Answer the request, stop trying to weasel your way out.

As a reminder:

@palasta said:
@Pedro said:
@gotgames said:

@Pedro: lol like I said there is no going around circles. Starfield would reach more gamers if it was a ps5 exclusive and game is to hyped to be only on one console that sold 30 millions. I honestly could care less the deal will happen. Deal is bad for gaming and MS will ruin gaming

A game being on PS5 only is NOT reaching more people than PC, Xbox and cloud. Such a simple concept.

Blame Sony for moneyhatting games to the extreme thus normalizing the behavior.

Who normalzied what?

"Nintendo monopolised the market by having third-parties sign an exclusivity agreement if they wanted to make games for the NES."

https://www.switchaboo.com/nintendos-love-hate-love-relationship-with-third-party-developers-a-historical-perspective-2/

"dishonest shill"

Over two decades ago you say. What do we have here?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

The following 200 pages are in this category, out of approximately 212 total.

Among those 212 games:

Ace_Combat_6:_Fires_of_Liberation, 3rd party, non MS IP

Dance Dance Revolution, 3rd party, non MS IP

Dead Or Alive 4, 3d party, non MS IP

Dead Or Alive Extreme 2, 3rd party, non MS IP

Gear Of War 1, 2, 3, 3rd party, non MS IP till 2014

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, -"-

Dead Rising, 3rd party, 7th gen 360 exclusive

three Bomberman games, 3rd party, non MS IP

FIFA: Road to FIFA World Cup ...

Saints Row, 3rd party, non MS IP

Timed exclusives like Mass Effect and Oblivion not included.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

The following 181 pages are in this category, out of 181 total.

Tell me again, in what way did Sony misbehave in comparison to the behavior both did plenty of in the previous generation. Why is it that Microsoft didn't "behave" the same way in 8th gen as in the generation before, unable to go en par with Sony.

Where is that list of 200 games Sony allegedly moneyhatted. The list certainly will not include Death Stranding, or SFV, or Helldivers, or Spiderman, or Bloodborne, or NMS...

Take your time, i'm sure your emotional support group is here for you, i have utmost confidence that you will give me a satisfying answer this time.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#950 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1340 Posts

@palasta said:
@Pedro said:

Yeayeayea. Answer the request, stop trying to weasel your way out.

As a reminder:

@palasta said:
@Pedro said:
@gotgames said:

@Pedro: lol like I said there is no going around circles. Starfield would reach more gamers if it was a ps5 exclusive and game is to hyped to be only on one console that sold 30 millions. I honestly could care less the deal will happen. Deal is bad for gaming and MS will ruin gaming

A game being on PS5 only is NOT reaching more people than PC, Xbox and cloud. Such a simple concept.

Blame Sony for moneyhatting games to the extreme thus normalizing the behavior.

Who normalzied what?

"dishonest shill"

Over two decades ago you say. What do we have here?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

The following 200 pages are in this category, out of approximately 212 total.

Among those 212 games:

Ace_Combat_6:_Fires_of_Liberation, 3rd party, non MS IP

Dance Dance Revolution, 3rd party, non MS IP

Dead Or Alive 4, 3d party, non MS IP

Dead Or Alive Extreme 2, 3rd party, non MS IP

Gear Of War 1, 2, 3, 3rd party, non MS IP till 2014

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, -"-

Dead Rising, 3rd party, 7th gen 360 exclusive

three Bomberman games, 3rd party, non MS IP

FIFA: Road to FIFA World Cup ...

Saints Row, 3rd party, non MS IP

Timed exclusives like Mass Effect and Oblivion not included.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

The following 181 pages are in this category, out of 181 total.

Tell me again, in what way did Sony misbehave in comparison to the behavior both did plenty of in the previous generation. Why is it that Microsoft didn't "behave" the same way in 8th gen as in the generation before, unable to go en par with Sony.

Where is that list of 200 games Sony allegedly moneyhatted. The list certainly will not include Death Stranding, or SFV, or Helldivers, or Spiderman, or Bloodborne, or NMS...

Take your time, i'm sure your emotional support group is here for you, i have utmost confidence that you will give me a satisfying answer this time.

^^^^^^^

The effects of the console war are real,this Sony Troopers posts are obviously signs they suffer from xbox studios winning the war,years defending his beloved gaming machine lie in tatters.spare a thought for the poor souls searching for the starfield pre load and the terrible reality their biggest and best selling game is made by their enemy