Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#951 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70035 Posts

@palasta said:
@Pedro said:

@palasta: You still bitter over me referring to more current behavior versus behaviors over 2 decades ago? 😂 You truly are entertaining with the amount of spinning and raging just to damage control Sony's behavior.

Yeayeayea. Answer the request, stop trying to weasel your way out.

As a reminder:

@palasta said:

Who normalzied what?

"Nintendo monopolised the market by having third-parties sign an exclusivity agreement if they wanted to make games for the NES."

https://www.switchaboo.com/nintendos-love-hate-love-relationship-with-third-party-developers-a-historical-perspective-2/

"dishonest shill"

Over two decades ago you say. What do we have here?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

The following 200 pages are in this category, out of approximately 212 total.

Among those 212 games:

Ace_Combat_6:_Fires_of_Liberation, 3rd party, non MS IP

Dance Dance Revolution, 3rd party, non MS IP

Dead Or Alive 4, 3d party, non MS IP

Dead Or Alive Extreme 2, 3rd party, non MS IP

Gear Of War 1, 2, 3, 3rd party, non MS IP till 2014

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, -"-

Dead Rising, 3rd party, 7th gen 360 exclusive

three Bomberman games, 3rd party, non MS IP

FIFA: Road to FIFA World Cup ...

Saints Row, 3rd party, non MS IP

Timed exclusives like Mass Effect and Oblivion not included.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

The following 181 pages are in this category, out of 181 total.

Tell me again, in what way did Sony misbehave in comparison to the behavior both did plenty of in the previous generation. Why is it that Microsoft didn't "behave" the same way in 8th gen as in the generation before, unable to go en par with Sony.

Where is that list of 200 games Sony allegedly moneyhatted. The list certainly will not include Death Stranding, or SFV, or Helldivers, or Spiderman, or Bloodborne, or NMS...

Take your time, i'm sure your emotional support group is here for you, i have utmost confidence that you will give me a satisfying answer this time.

Damn you literally validating what I stated before

You still bitter over me referring to more current behavior versus behaviors over 2 decades ago? 😂 You truly are entertaining with the amount of spinning and raging just to damage control Sony's behavior.

It is also funny that you think that I haven't called out MS behavior during the 360 days all because I am calling out Sony for their behavior.😂 You Sony fannies can't stop "bu buh but Microsoft defense.".

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#952  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-has-been-cleared-to-buy-activision-blizzard-by-new-zealand-regulator/1100-6516647/

Microsoft Has Been Cleared To Buy Activision Blizzard By New Zealand Regulator

One more country has approved Microsoft's mega purchase, leaving only one more pending outside of the UK's roadblock.

----

Poke Phony with a fork, they're done.

lol :P

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#953 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1340 Posts

United Kingdom looking like 🤡

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#954 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6458 Posts

@SecretPolice: MS obviously offered the regulators some sheep for the night lol.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#955 SecretPolice

@last_lap:

lololol ;)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#956 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56290 Posts

@SecretPolice: I thought New Zealand was already approved by MS last month? Didn't know this was still going all this time.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#957 SecretPolice

@davillain:

You made me go back and check the date of this GS news story. For a sec there you had me thinking I may have just posted an old story but alas, no, story dated 8-7-23. lol :P

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#958 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

Has anyone noticed that PS fans try to sound smart arguing about "consolidation", and "less people having access", but at the same time argue for exclusivity. "And if you want to play it, just buy a PlayStation 5".

How can you make both arguments at the same time? :-S

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#959 Saint-George

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Has anyone noticed that PS fans try to sound smart arguing about "consolidation", and "less people having access", but at the same time argue for exclusivity. "And if you want to play it, just buy a PlayStation 5".

🐄 talk 💩

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#960  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8273 Posts
@HalcyonScarlet said:

because it's all fanboy BS.. if it was Sony attempting to purchase ABK, the exact same people would be dancing in the streets and cheering for the merger to go through..

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#961 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39445 Posts

Oh my god i thought this convo was over, but the boring af acquisition is still going.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#962  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

Great idea Tom & Rino

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#963  Edited By GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2588 Posts

I feel like Xbox is being trolled now. Ubisoft+ is on the competitors platform and this would put COD games on the service for even longer than the previous COD deal. And if I’m not mistaken, this “remedy” still as to go through the approval process…

Unless Xbox plans to buy Ubisoft… 🤔🤔🤔

Edit: This is just Xbox playing games…

This restructured deal means that if Microsoft does close its proposed acquisition then it will not be able to release Activision Blizzard games exclusively on Xbox Cloud Gaming. Microsoft won’t be able to exclusively control the licensing terms of Activision Blizzard games on rival services either. Instead, Ubisoft will control the streaming rights to Activision Blizzard games outside of the EU, and license titles back to Microsoft to be included in Xbox Cloud Gaming. Ubisoft will compensate Microsoft for the cloud streaming rights to Activision Blizzard’s games through a one-off payment and through a market-based wholesale pricing mechanism, including an option that supports pricing based on usage,” explains Smith.”

There won’t even be a need for a Ubisoft+ account to play ABK games. The money (the majority of it) still gets to where it would normally go. I don’t see why any side is even bothering with this. I does keep “choice” in the hands of consumers for 15 years, though. So I guess there’s that…

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#964 DaVillain  Moderator

WTH is MS gonna do with Ubisoft? Business partners perhaps but buying them isn't one of them. Always thought Sony would buy Ubisoft but that's not in their cards.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#965  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20148 Posts

I heard the CMA is going to start a new investigation and that will drag this out another couple of months. They could just give MS a huge middle finger and not make a decision until after October.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#966  Edited By Saint-George

MeH,Call of duty is going to be a xbox studios game with or without the CMA's backing,you may believe in Santa,tooth fairy's and the UK being able to stop the deal,but reality is they are trying to get the deal done with the CMA onboard,the time may come where MS decide to close the deal before the UK agree to allow it.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#967 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 13052 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

this would put COD games on the service for even longer than the previous COD deal.

Only via streaming, not natively.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#968  Edited By SecretPolice

I see the, we hate Xbox brigade, still clinging to the...

Poo brigade. lol :P

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#969  Edited By GhostOfGolden

@kvallyx said:
@ghostofgolden said:

this would put COD games on the service for even longer than the previous COD deal.

Only via streaming, not natively.

Well yeah.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#970 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41564 Posts

Didn't the EU already say "yes"?

Either way...

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#971  Edited By GhostOfGolden

@nintendoboy16: This is never gonna end, is it? Lol

@hardwenzen said:

Oh my god i thought this convo was over, but the boring af acquisition is still going.

Look at the traffic on social media. Look at the post count in this thread… It’s far from over

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#972  Edited By Antwan3K

@SecretPolice said:

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#973  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20148 Posts

Oh wow now the EC might have to reassess the deal. Would this be the same for all the other territories that have already approved the deal?

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#974 Saint-George

@Zero_epyon said:

Oh wow now the EC might have to reassess the deal. Would this be the same for all the other territories that have already approved the deal?

°MIGHT reassess°....Most countries passed the deal without restrictions,only the EU and the uk asked for concessions.so asking them again would be pointless,nothing in the ubisoft cloud agreement making it a deal breaker.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#975 HalcyonScarlet

@ghostofgolden said:

I feel like Xbox is being trolled now. Ubisoft+ is on the competitors platform and this would put COD games on the service for even longer than the previous COD deal. And if I’m not mistaken, this “remedy” still as to go through the approval process…

Unless Xbox plans to buy Ubisoft… 🤔🤔🤔

Edit: This is just Xbox playing games…

”This restructured deal means that if Microsoft does close its proposed acquisition then it will not be able to release Activision Blizzard games exclusively on Xbox Cloud Gaming. Microsoft won’t be able to exclusively control the licensing terms of Activision Blizzard games on rival services either. Instead, Ubisoft will control the streaming rights to Activision Blizzard games outside of the EU, and license titles back to Microsoft to be included in Xbox Cloud Gaming. Ubisoft will compensate Microsoft for the cloud streaming rights to Activision Blizzard’s games through a one-off payment and through a market-based wholesale pricing mechanism, including an option that supports pricing based on usage,” explains Smith.”

There won’t even be a need for a Ubisoft+ account to play ABK games. The money (the majority of it) still gets to where it would normally go. I don’t see why any side is even bothering with this. I does keep “choice” in the hands of consumers for 15 years, though. So I guess there’s that…

I don't think MS will ever take Call of Duty off PS. I just think they want to eventually regain control.

Same with the 15 year deal with Ubisoft. That said, considering how much the game streaming business struggles, I don't think this is the biggest deal

I think the point of the limitations is that they don't want a shit show perpetuity deal like the Sony/Spider-Man deal.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#976  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1023 Posts
@SecretPolice said:

Multiple Cows lost bets in this thread and another thread, and they all never paid. They just ran away and never posted again. The worst faction by far lol.

@HalcyonScarlet said:

They are deranged. I'm looking at some of their post histories, a few of the most actives ones in the MS/Activision threads were bragging about FF16 in another thread in the same day. Some in the SAME HOUR. 🤦‍♀️

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#977 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1408 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

because it's all fanboy BS.. if it was Sony attempting to purchase ABK, the exact same people would be dancing in the streets and cheering for the merger to go through..

Why would anyone dance in the streets when the incompentency that is Microsoft is trying to gobble up half the gaming industry? Only fanboys. And Microsoft has a lot of these indoctrinated morons. To botch 8th gen like they did and yet 58m xbones sold? The worst box of them all? Not just the launch. Failing to exploit the momentum from the previous gen - which would have been as easy as 1 2 3 - and then throughout 8th generation. That is quite a feat. That they were able to sell as many boxes as they did was only possible with a devoted fanbase saving MS from total failure². Lots and lots of fanboys.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#978 Saint-George

@palasta said:
@Antwan3K said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Why would anyone dance in the streets when the incompentency that is Microsoft is trying to gobble up half the gaming industry? Only fanboys. And Microsoft has a lot of these indoctrinated morons. To botch 8th gen like they did and yet 58m xbones sold? The worst box of them all? Not just the launch. Failing to exploit the momentum from the previous gen - which would have been as easy as 1 2 3 - and then throughout 8th generation. That is quite a feat. That they were able to sell as many boxes as they did was only possible with a devoted fanbase saving MS from total failure². Lots and lots of fanboys.

Call of duty will be available to more GAMERS when the deal goes through.

Xbox studios,for the players 🎮

There's only one group of fan people crying 🐄😭

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#979 HalcyonScarlet
Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#980 DaVillain  Moderator

@HalcyonScarlet: I'll be honest here. Slow news day for Destin, and old news too on this. Nevertheless, this deal is getting done most likely this month or at the very least early October.

(At this point, I don't think we need this sticky anymore right @ghostofgolden)

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#981 GhostOfGolden

@davillain said:

@HalcyonScarlet: I'll be honest here. Slow news day for Destin, and old news too on this. Nevertheless, this deal is getting done most likely this month or at the very least early October.

(At this point, I don't think we need this sticky anymore right @ghostofgolden)

I’m fine with it. I think we were all tired of the multiple threads anytime there was news.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#982 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16582 Posts

@davillain: nooo let's sticky until the CMA approves, and MS finally closes. Then we can get randy to pay up, and then close this thread.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#983 DaVillain  Moderator

@blaznwiipspman1: Didn't want to limited users from making a threads on it and unless it really gets carried away, most of us mods will just close and use the latest closet thread related news.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#984 HalcyonScarlet
Loading Video...

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#985 GhostOfGolden

Microsoft sending redacted emails but un-redacted attachments is hilarious. They’ve had so many unintentional leaks through all this… Somebody needs to brush up their resume

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#986 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46498 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

Microsoft sending redacted emails but un-redacted attachments is hilarious. They’ve had so many unintentional leaks through all this… Somebody needs to brush up their resume

If you said in your resume that you've leaked stuff... in the gaming industry, that's your career over.

The gaming industry is notoriously tight lipped, which is why this is such big news today (literally every gaming site and youtuber covering this).

I'm pretty sure Nintendo has tabs on everyone who attended the Switch 2 reveal as well.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#987  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#988 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

CMA moves out of the way finally.

UK set to clear Microsoft’s deal to buy Call of Duty maker Activision Blizzard (msn.com)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#989 SecretPolice

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#990  Edited By Pedro

Oh no, that means the Sony alt lost $100 for being a hardcore shill.😂

Now we are going to see even more damage control threads from Sony fannies.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#991 HalcyonScarlet
Loading Video...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#992 Pedro

@HalcyonScarlet: Remember when the Sony fannies were celebrating that the deal was dead? 🙃

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#993 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 13052 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

CMA moves out of the way finally.

UK set to clear Microsoft’s deal to buy Call of Duty maker Activision Blizzard (msn.com)

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#994 GhostOfGolden

The CMA has pump faked us before and I’m not convinced they aren’t still up to something. The remedy is nonsense and shouldn’t have been required to get the deal passed.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#995 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6458 Posts

The only good news that could come from this is a Blur 2.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#996 Saint-George

@ghostofgolden said:

The CMA has pump faked us before and I’m not convinced they aren’t still up to something. The remedy is nonsense and shouldn’t have been required to get the deal passed.

hey if you are sure this is more CMA foolery,bet your account on it 😉

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#997 Saint-George

XBOX STUDIO'S CALL OF DUTY!

🎆🎈🎉🎊🎈

🐄😭😂

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#998 SecretPolice

@saint-george:

Oh man, tough crowd...

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#999 Saint-George

@SecretPolice said:

@saint-george:

Oh man, tough crowd...

Hey they still have Starfiel.....oh wait!

👩‍🚀🚀🪐✨💫

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1000 Antwan3K

@saint-george said:
@ghostofgolden said:

hey if you are sure this is more CMA foolery,bet your account on it 😉

hopefully he's learned his lesson on that.. 😏

at any rate, this deal is going through.. cows can stop with the fake outrage ("fake" because they would be totally on board if Sony was buying ABK and would be totally fine if Sony make COD exclusive to PlayStation) and accept what's happening..