Will you buy TloU 2? Given the leaks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Will you buy TloU 2? Given the leaks (132 votes)

Yes I'll buy it no matter what! 31%
I am even more interested then before. 2%
No I was never interested and I'm still not. 44%
I was interested but not anymore! 23%

I want to know if people are interested in purchasing TLOU 2 in light of the current situation. This thread isn't to discuss the leaks but for those that have viewed them if they have any interest in the game now.

I was personally interested because I'm generally a fan of ND games but I can say as of now I no longer have interest in this title. This will be the first ND title I haven't purchased since the last Jax and Daxter.

• 
Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7246 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@gifford38 said:

and the force walking is to make it seamless game with no load screens. only reason they do that is because of the harddrive. next gen because every single ps 5 exclusive will have ssd from scratch which will get rid of the force walking

Next gen Naughty Dog game(s) gonna be 4 hours long...

funny i see the opposite with more gameplay. yes i hate force walking to but what else can they do? make you look at a blank screen for five min instead? no i rather have more story to the game than a blank screen. all the company's has been using this since playstation 2 days. in every game there is a long cut scene of a door opening or long hallway etc. so i guess next gen every game are going to be 4 hours long? every single player game has this in it. you think naughty dog are the only ones using this trick to get around the harddrive?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

@davillain-: Oh, with whats-her-face. I guess, in a way. Don't want to spoil it for you, so i'll stay quiet, but it's just a bit of a clusterfuck. Between this game and some of the rumours circling ND, something has gotta happen.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

@davillain-: Dark Fate is one of the first movies I ever turned off after watching just 5 minutes.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#54 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4580 Posts

It was never a day 1 purchase for me, but I will probably pick up the inevitable PS5 version when I get the console in a couple years. I have stayed away from all the spoilers and I intend to keep it that way until I buy the game. Hell, I just completed the original game and never knew the story past the very beginning until I just finished it. I do look forward to eventually continuing the story.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

For those who keeps saying TLOU2 is coming to PS5, is it really? With PS5 having BC, I really don't see why would TLOU2 PS5 version would be a thing if PS5 gonna have BC with PS4 games.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Next gen Naughty Dog game(s) gonna be 4 hours long...

funny i see the opposite with more gameplay. yes i hate force walking to but what else can they do? make you look at a blank screen for five min instead? no i rather have more story to the game than a blank screen. all the company's has been using this since playstation 2 days. in every game there is a long cut scene of a door opening or long hallway etc. so i guess next gen every game are going to be 4 hours long? every single player game has this in it. you think naughty dog are the only ones using this trick to get around the harddrive?

That's not really how it works. Games like Uncharted, TLOU, Gears etc are artificially long because of hardware limitations. But removing the masked loading sequences and silly traversal portions aren't freeing up dev resources like they are the players time. More gameplay will increase development time and cost. Meaning fewer games will longer droughts in between.

Animating those walking sequences and the lines of dialog required are cheap compared to what you're proposing. Maybe Naughty Dog should leave these sequences in?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10500 Posts

@xantufrog said:

I didn't See the leaks. I'm definitely planning on getting it unless reviews reveal it's somehow become a disaster

yeah me too. managed to avoid them so far.

@ConanTheStoner said:

Wasn't really interested to begin with, and what little I've read of the leaks hasn't swayed me either way.

I just want to see a good stretch of gameplay from a finalized section. Couldn't give a shit about the story.

Though it is funny how a story can make or break a ND game for many. Kinda says a lot about their gameplay lol.

i'm quite interested to see what they deliver gameplay-wise this time round tbh.

generally their games have been maturing with each release but i did feel with lost legacy that they'd exhausted the uncharted formula. it felt tired in places. one too many outrageous scripted adventure sequences. got a bit fatigued with it all. considering tlou is a lot more grounded than the indiana jones style of uc, with games like fallen order starting to muscle in on their turf and knowing the pride they take in their games, i'm really hoping they've double downed on the gameplay this time

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12340 Posts

I've unfortunately ran into some of the leaks but tbh, it doesn't really worry me. I'm pretty sure a lot of people wouldn't like the story beats of TLOU(1) if it was leaked beforehand either and it turned out fantastic.

I'm (still) getting it day one.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

Yes

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8495 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Wasn't really interested to begin with, and what little I've read of the leaks hasn't swayed me either way.

I just want to see a good stretch of gameplay from a finalized section. Couldn't give a shit about the story.

Though it is funny how a story can make or break a ND game for many. Kinda says a lot about their gameplay lol.

Shut up troll. Saying movie games is just DC because you can't play Sony games.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

Damn, busted.

Just another lem, hiding behind the Switch.

edit: wait serious? Honestly can't tell lol.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#62 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Of course I'm gonna buy it on release even I'm trying to avoid spoilers

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Leaks!!! What Leaks???

Of course i'll get it, Never paid much attention to any leaks, never will!!!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@benleslie5 said:

Of course I'm gonna buy it on release even I'm trying to avoid spoilers

Same here and still have my pre-order digital intact. TLOU2 is my most anticipated PS4 exclusive game of 2020. And I'll also be getting Ghost of Tsushima.

Avoiding spoilers on the web is a challenge lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

@davillain-:

Yeah, about a month and a half away, that's a long time to be dodging spoilers. Though I'm thinking the more dickish types out here trying to ruin it for ppl will probably tire of it soon.

@Macutchi said:

i'm quite interested to see what they deliver gameplay-wise this time round tbh.

generally their games have been maturing with each release but i did feel with lost legacy that they'd exhausted the uncharted formula. it felt tired in places. one too many outrageous scripted adventure sequences. got a bit fatigued with it all. considering tlou is a lot more grounded than the indiana jones style of uc, with games like fallen order starting to muscle in on their turf and knowing the pride they take in their games, i'm really hoping they've double downed on the gameplay this time

Man I was soooo tired of Uncharted by the time 4 rolled around. Foolishly bought it and never even bothered to open it lol. Heard the gameplay saw significant upgrades, but also heard the amount of time spent taking control away from the player was upgraded as well.

Of the previous UC games, only found Uncharted 2 to be good, so wasn't exactly excited for 4.

Actually thought TLOU was pretty good tho. Not the amazing gotg experience its often touted as, but good stuff still. Been considering revisiting it with the remaster.

Not gonna be day 1 on this one, but if it's an improvement on the first I'll pick it up eventually.

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 650 Posts

I was interested but not anymore.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#67 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@davillain-:

Yeah, about a month and a half away, that's a long time to be dodging spoilers. Though I'm thinking the more dickish types out here trying to ruin it for ppl will probably tire of it soon.

Man I was soooo tired of Uncharted by the time 4 rolled around. Foolishly bought it and never even bothered to open it lol. Heard the gameplay saw significant upgrades, but also heard the amount of time spent taking control away from the player was upgraded as well.

Of the previous UC games, only found Uncharted 2 to be good, so wasn't exactly excited for 4.

Actually thought TLOU was pretty good tho. Not the amazing gotg experience its often touted as, but good stuff still. Been considering revisiting it with the remaster.

Not gonna be day 1 on this one, but if it's an improvement on the first I'll pick it up eventually.

This is so true. However, if you going with this in mind you may have a better experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Easy to tell who the hardcore cows are up in here lol.

I keep hearing about the leaks and haven't read any because I have no fucks to give.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Replaying the remastered version right now, such an amazing game. Gonna play the sequel no matter what, I didn't read the spoilers nor do I care about them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@vfighter said:

Replaying the remastered version right now, such an amazing game. Gonna play the sequel no matter what, I didn't read the spoilers nor do I care about them.

You're one of those cows who loves Sony no matter what though, so your opinion is worthless, may as well find a dog on the street and say 1 bark for yes, and 2 barks for no LOL.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 VFighter

@i_p_daily: Yawn...let me know when you're trolling gets back on track.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@vfighter said:

@i_p_daily: Yawn...let me know when you're trolling gets back on track.

The truth hurts huh :(

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20147 Posts

Buying it and avoiding the leaks.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39385 Posts

I was thinking of getting it on the ps5 to play in 60fps/upgraded visuals but now im not so sure i will be getting a ps5. Absolutely loved the original so i may just get tlou2 on ps4. But lets just say im not excited like i was a year ago.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18805 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: "Though it is funny how a story can make or break a ND game for many. Kinda says a lot about their gameplay lol."

When did this trend started when a game only needs to have a good story to receive high praise?

Avatar image for masonshoemocker
masonshoemocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 masonshoemocker
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts

I loved the the first The Last of Us. It was one of the few PS3 games I bought and I considered it one of the best games of that console gen (PS3, 360). I couldn't help myself and had to see what all the hoopla was about and I'm glad I did. I'm not going to buy this game. They went SJW to the max in this game and are pissing off fans of the characters.

I really don't know what narrative Naughty Dog is planning for a majority of the fans to form a connection (empathy, sympathy) by playing as a transgender half of the game who kills off Joel?!?!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@masonshoemocker: I don't think that part in your spoiler tag is confirmed in anyway. And even if it's true, it doesn't matter. That's the least of the reasons why the leaks are bad. The story with the characters from part one should have stayed in part one. Everything in TLOU 2 is silly. But LGBTQ+ whatever has nothing to do with it.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

I was never interested.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: The gameplay actually looks pretty dam good to me honestly. The AI quality, the animations the interactivity with the environment... it all looks really good. I just have no interest in the characters and that matters in a story driven game.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

Naughty Gods will prove the haters once again when this game gets 10 all over. day one for me. and didnt bother looking at the leaks.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10500 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@davillain-:

@Macutchi said:

i'd say give it a go. i enjoyed uc4, felt like the gameplay, cinematics, story, locations and pacing were better balanced than any previous uc game. the game environments opened up offering a degree of tactical play to them. the stealth and verticality finally gave you a bit of freedom and variety of options to tackle enemies, much more than the previous games did, which i wasn't a huge fan of tbh.

i'm similar to you in that i thought uc2 was enjoyable at times but the novelty of the interactive cinematics early on began to wear off and the wave after wave of identical enemies that the game kept throwing at you combined with the limited combat began to grate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@___gamemaster__ said:

Naughty Gods will prove the haters once again when this game gets 10 all over. day one for me. and didnt bother looking at the leaks.

Keep fighting the good fight Sony soldier lol.

off3nc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#83  Edited By off3nc3
Member since 2005 • 1006 Posts

Spoilers or not , SJW propaganda or not this game will destroy everything else on the market quality wise when it will release so ofc i'll play it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Wow, I was bored and decided to browse the RPGCodex forums, whose members are really conservative and stuff, and even as someone who isn't, the story, from all the humor pictures, looks awful.

By the way, this is the real model behind that one girl:

Nope, nope, nope, women can't be too womanly in Naughty Dog's politically correct world. Big breasts are sexist for some reason.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Yeah, kind of don't want this game anymore. Druckmann is a douche.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 VFighter

@ezekiel43: They also reduced the size of her nose, those bastards!!!

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#87 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2588 Posts

I'll get it, most probably i'm gonna be disappointed but whatever.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Having read some of the leaks, I’m really looking forward to this dropping now. I’m going to be laughing my ass off in reading justification of this stuff if true. For humor value, I’m really hoping it is.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

I was so pumped but now... Pre-order canceled. :(

:P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ezekiel43 said:

Wow, I was bored and decided to browse the RPGCodex forums, whose members are really conservative and stuff, and even as someone who isn't, the story, from all the humor pictures, looks awful.

Nope, nope, nope, women can't be too womanly in Naughty Dog's politically correct world. Big breasts are sexist for some reason.

Looks like someone at ND loves grandma boobies LOL.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#91  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

They want manly women in thier games. with big muscles.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 DaVillain  Moderator

@ezekiel43 said:

I would gladly take her out for dinner :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ghosts4ever said:
@ezekiel43 said:

They want manly women in thier games. with big muscles.

watch everyone casual4ever is...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Looks like someone at ND loves grandma boobies LOL.

Look like some one it attracted by good looking boobies in games.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By VFighter

@i_p_daily: Lmao, never gonna look at ghost the same way again.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

I don't understand why leaks would factor into your decision to buy the game unless you seeked out the spoilers and didn't like what you read...like, why would you do that to yourself?

Regardless, this game is an insta-buy for anyone who actually enjoys gaming perfection.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#97 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

Some of you all are trying too hard to hate on this game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Ghosts4ever

@Pedro said:

Some of you all are trying too hard to hate on this game.

It deserve the hate. games like this ruining gaming industry.

Third person games went from

This masterpiece

to

this

Crap.

very uninspired.

we still not gotten a third person action game that is even 1/4th as good as Mafia 1 was.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@i_p_daily said:

watch everyone casual4ever is...

I prefer cute girls. so you are wrong my friend.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Only idiots would read the leaks before playing the game. I’m a huge fan of this game, but I have better things to do then read articles about this game.