mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Saw similar thread on GAF around 2 weeks ago. Even with discount, nobody wants that crap.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/RRS-00009/dp/B087VM5XC6/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=xbox+series+s&qid=1618133824&sr=8-1

Let's help Microsoft to sell that crappy console to someone.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39117 Posts

The GPU is much weaker than their previous console from 2017. Who in their right mind would want a console like that?

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Duh, PS5 is already stretching it's legs. The series S needs to be another $100 less.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

serious S got cows up at night searching the web

cows mad disease

HaH

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#5  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Anecdotal evidence. Still, I'd be very fascinated by the Series S sales compared to the Series X, because I understood what Microsoft were trying to do - and I doubted they would succeed.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mowgly1

@bluestars:

It's not hard to find XSS actually

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45229 Posts

XSS was a pretty bad idea.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46443 Posts

Guess people with 1440p TVs aren't buying them 🤷‍♂️

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

(Amazon.de), who cares!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11128 Posts

We already know it's a big flop in Europe. It's why MS has to panic buy publishers for content. They're gonna earn that next anti-trust lawsuit. 🤣

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15940 Posts

We really should stop buying last gen systems like the Series S.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56202 Posts

While I always suggest for those who was looking into buying the Series, I always point them to the X over S mainly due to lower storage and low resolution. If any gamer is okay with 1080p-1440p new-gen games and smoother playing then it's a great deal to go for S...but still try to get the Series X. Can't say this surprises me if the S isn't selling well despite MS was only helping for those who wanted the cheaper next-gen console.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

I'm amazed cows are always so in top of sale numbers across the world and not even a thread about Series S being the best selling console in India for the month of march.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#14  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17829 Posts

@sakaixx said:

If the sheep followed these rules, Nintendo wouldn't have sold any systems after the Gamecube. XSS is shit, but Nintendo hardware is even more shit.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9575 Posts

My local Best Buy and both Gamestops have Series S in stock from time to time and my closest Gamestop has had 2 in stock for over a week now. My wife went in and tried to get me a Series X (she has been searching hard to get me one and I didn't even know until she told me yesterday) and they said they only had Series S in stock.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69698 Posts

I may consider a Series S for...emulation. 😈

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50585 Posts

Somewhat related, but the S is being released at a much quicker and frequent rate than the X.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11128 Posts

@Pedro said:

You literally have a PC for that

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mowgly1

@ghost_of_phobos:

Quote :

I'm amazed cows are always so in top of sale numbers across the world and not even a thread about Series S being the best selling console in India for the month of march.

LOL.

XSS was the last choice for buy. People would rather buy PS4, but it was out of stock.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

Lol, comes out in November, back in stock April in some parts of EU = Failure?

Cows working hard on that spin lately. 😂

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

I imagine for some this news is sexually stimulating.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#22 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69698 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

You literally have a PC for that

And Xbox Series for that. Now return to your cave. 😎

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1872 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Why don't you make that thread? I'd be down for sale threads all around the world. I find them interesting tbh.

@BassMan said:
@sakaixx said:

If the sheep followed these rules, Nintendo wouldn't have sold any systems after the Gamecube. XSS is shit, but Nintendo hardware is even more shit.

Nintendo makes up for it with their fun games. Think about it like a relationship. Imagine you spend 5% of the relationship arguing with Person A vs Person B where you're arguing with them for 15% of the relationship. Person A sounds better on paper, but then you realize that you spend 20% of the relationship having fun with Person A vs Person B where you spend 60% of the relationship having fun with them. Sure Person B gives you more shit and arguments, but you have more fun with them overall. It's the same with the Switch. The Switch has weak hardware and a subpar online infrastructure and experience that would barely cut it in Gen 7. I would never play a third party AAA online multiplat on it for that reason. Xbox has way better multiplats, better hardware, and a better online infrastructure with better features. However, I deal with the weak hardware and subpar online of the Switch simply because their exclusives are so good. Most people who own the Switch likely feel the same way.

Avatar image for deactivated-62852ef1135c6
deactivated-62852ef1135c6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-62852ef1135c6
Member since 2021 • 1322 Posts

I was told the Series S wasn't failing.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BassMan  Online

@luxuryheart said:

@BassMan said:
@sakaixx said:

Nintendo makes up for it with their fun games. Think about it like a relationship. Imagine you spend 5% of the relationship arguing with Person A vs Person B where you're arguing with them for 15% of the relationship. Person A sounds better on paper, but then you realize that you spend 20% of the relationship having fun with Person A vs Person B where you spend 60% of the relationship having fun with them. Sure Person B gives you more shit and arguments, but you have more fun with them overall. It's the same with the Switch. The Switch has weak hardware and a subpar online infrastructure and experience that would barely cut it in Gen 7. I would never play a third party AAA online multiplat on it for that reason. Xbox has way better multiplats, better hardware, and a better online infrastructure with better features. However, I deal with the weak hardware and subpar online of the Switch simply because their exclusives are so good. Most people who own the Switch likely feel the same way.

You probably use your Xbox more overall though... playing the multiplats along with the exclusives. Switch... there are only the exclusives (which aren't very good). Then there are some potato multiplats that you can play on the go, but I am not really a portable gamer. So, not many fucks given for the Switch. Wii and Wii U were shit too. Gamecube was the last good system from Nintendo.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@davillain- said:

While I always suggest for those who was looking into buying the Series, I always point them to the X over S mainly due to lower storage and low resolution. If any gamer is okay with 1080p-1440p new-gen games and smoother playing then it's a great deal to go for S...but still try to get the Series X. Can't say this surprises me if the S isn't selling well despite MS was only helping for those who wanted the cheaper next-gen console.

If any game is okay with 1080p-1440p? You can't even see the difference, that's why when a developer slaps "up to 4K dynamic resolution" which is really sub 1440p, or DLSS which is 1080P upscaled with anti aliasing you can't even figure out that the Series X and PS5 don't even deliver those higher resolutions. They fake it, and people who buy into that crap are too taken with the placebo effect to realize they got scammed. Perhaps we should say if you're okay with 30fps (which on modern LCD is only half as smooth as it was on CRT decades ago with 30fps was acceptable) then go for a Series X or PS5 and enjoy your "4K (if the game actually delivers it) motion blur.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@mowgly1:

not if your searching with creating a SW damage control thread in mind

HaH

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos: "I'm amazed cows are always so in top of sale numbers across the world and not even a thread about Series S being the best selling console in India for the month of march."

Confirmation bias.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56202 Posts

@eoten: 1080p is still the goat among resolution goes but to me, 1440p is the gold standard on PC cause it still looks good to this day and chasing 4K is a fool's game IMO. Its to costing and the perfoamcne isn't stable yet to be mainstream but sadly, console developers are still gonna go for 4K because console gamers like eye candy.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@luxuryheart: I didnt made that thread because I honestly don't care for sales. I just want them all to sell enough to keep going and that's it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22388 Posts

I think the S is a solid console that has a place in the market, but it's just too expensive for its specs.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Eoten

@davillain- said:

@eoten: 1080p is still the goat among resolution goes but to me, 1440p is the gold standard on PC cause it still looks good to this day and chasing 4K is a fool's game IMO. Its to costing and the perfoamcne isn't stable yet to be mainstream but sadly, console developers are still gonna go for 4K because console gamers like eye candy.

Yeah, 1440P is a good mix between okay frame rate and good resolution on a larger screen. If you play on a 27-32" it's the resolution to go for. But 4K is going to require sitting 30 inches from a larger than 32" screen to see a noticeable benefit without leaning into it. That's why most people do not even realize they're not getting 4K when DLSS and dynamic resolutions are giving them usually lower than 1440P resolutions upscaled. Like I said, it's a placebo, they believe they're seeing a difference even when the content isn't delivering one.

Also, I don't think the performance will ever get to a point where 4K will be a good resolution for most games because every generation we put more hardware resources into other things. Higher poly meshes, better particle effects, improved shaders, all which are going to take their own toll on hardware. And since there's very little if any noticeable benefit in still images, and a net loss when motion is applied, 4K isn't something gamers should be caring about. We're being lead down that rabbit hole to be sold hardware that doesn't actually do anything new. They're not actually getting the "eye candy." They're being delivered the same image as everyone else and being told it's special, and they buy it. Like putting "for gamers" on a tinny sounding headset with a crappy mic, or an incredible uncomfortable gaming chair and people convincing themselves it must be something special.

And honestly, if gamers as a whole cannot pull their heads out of their collective asses and see through the marketing, gaming will suffer for it. And for those who do not remember playing on a CRT, due to the difference in how CRT works compared to LCD, 60fps on an LCD is only about the equivalent of 30 on a CRT. 30fps on an LCD at any resolution is like trying to play a video game with a concussion. We need to demand better, and 4K is a step in the wrong direction.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LuxuryHeart

@BassMan: I don't have an Xbox, I have a PS4. Though this gen, I'm leaving Sony and saving up for a PC. But that's beside the point. The point is that you can't talk about Nintendo fans buying weaker hardware compared to X over S. Here's why:

• Xbox S and Xbox X: Xbox has two systems, and one is more powerful than the other. This means that if you're getting a next gen Xbox, you'd much rather get the X over the S because the X has more power. The Switch doesn't have a more powerful version that has released yet, so the Switch original is the more powerful.
  • Audience: Xbox fans for the most part are buying due to Microsoft exclusives plus third party AAA online multiplats. Nintendo fans are buying for their exclusives. People who play online multiplats tend to want a good performance. People who play Nintendo exclusives don't care as much. Like it's pretty much a given that Nintendo consoles have weak hardware and a shitty online. However, their games are so enjoyable for most people that they overlook that.
Avatar image for Amin_and_Azizah
Amin_and_Azizah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Amin_and_Azizah
Member since 2011 • 143 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos: yes I was thinking the same thing. They will never want the cover how successful the Xbox series s is in India because it is an absolute black eye to their warped mentality

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Inb4 lems state that xbses is going to outsell the PS5 by 3to 1, never mind they already said that last year.

Inb4 lems say xbses will fly off shelves, oh nvm they already said that last year.

It looks like xbses is a lost cause 😔

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20124 Posts

This thread takes me back. Remember when Amazon best sellers list was used to predict NPD winners?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BassMan  Online

@luxuryheart said:

@BassMan: I don't have an Xbox, I have a PS4. Though this gen, I'm leaving Sony and saving up for a PC. But that's beside the point. The point is that you can't talk about Nintendo fans buying weaker hardware compared to X over S. Here's why:

• Xbox S and Xbox X: Xbox has two systems, and one is more powerful than the other. This means that if you're getting a next gen Xbox, you'd much rather get the X over the S because the X has more power. The Switch doesn't have a more powerful version that has released yet, so the Switch original is the more powerful.
  • Audience: Xbox fans for the most part are buying due to Microsoft exclusives plus third party AAA online multiplats. Nintendo fans are buying for their exclusives. People who play online multiplats tend to want a good performance. People who play Nintendo exclusives don't care as much. Like it's pretty much a given that Nintendo consoles have weak hardware and a shitty online. However, their games are so enjoyable for most people that they overlook that.

Yeah, they also overlook that Nintendo has been recycling the same games and milking the same franchises for the past 35 years or so. Let's be honest... aside from Breath of the Wild, what other standout AAA games have there been from Nintendo in the last 10 years? I can't think of any. I honestly think they have the weakest exclusives these days. Even MS who got shit on this past gen has more games that I want to play.

If I was a console gamer... I would rather have XSS over NS any day as it is a much better system. It doesn't matter if it is weaker than XSX. It is still better than the Switch. They are both shit though. LOL

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61506 Posts

So... Germany? Thrilling thread.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

lol amazon sales thread

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15940 Posts

@Amin_and_Azizah said:

@ghost_of_phobos: yes I was thinking the same thing. They will never want the cover how successful the Xbox series s is in India because it is an absolute black eye to their warped mentality

Or rather how small console market of those countries compared to North America, Europe, Japan. I googled and it says $930m total revenue last year and 85% was on mobile phones according to World Economic Forum...

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LuxuryHeart

@BassMan said:
@luxuryheart said:

Yeah, they also overlook that Nintendo has been recycling the same games and milking the same franchises for the past 35 years or so. Let's be honest... aside from Breath of the Wild, what other standout AAA games have there been from Nintendo in the last 10 years? I can't think of any. I honestly think they have the weakest exclusives these days. Even MS who got shit on this past gen has more games that I want to play.

If I was a console gamer... I would rather have XSS over NS any day as it is a much better system. It doesn't matter if it is weaker than XSX. It is still better than the Switch. They are both shit though. LOL

You're thinking as a hardcore gamer though, not as any other gamer. People who are buying Nintendo console are Nintendo core fans and extreme casuals. Nintendo core fans are buying for franchises such as Zelda, Mario, Smash, Pokemon, etc. Extreme casuals are buying for Animal Crossing because that's one of the hottest social games. Plus any other Nintendo game that will attract them, such as Mario Kart. Mario Kart and Animal Crossing are games that appeal to extreme casuals. Like most people who aren't really gamers, I see them talking about various games: mobile games, Fortnite, Minecraft, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, etc.

This is why the Xbox vs Nintendo argument doesn't work because they're serving different audiences. It's also why gaming forums are so shocked at the performance of Nintendo games. They're so stuck in their own world that they can't fathom that not everyone wants the highest performing and most realistic game. Though to be fair, I do agree with gaming forums on certain things. No matter how much I enjoy Nintendo and the Switch, I'll be damned if I play Fortnite on that thing. lol. 30 fps? Nah.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8148 Posts

the Series S is going to be the first next-gen console to get down to the all important "mass market" price of $199..

The Series S is a long play just like Game Pass and the Bethesda acquisition.. The mass market doesn't care about 4K, the mass market cares about price (look no further than the Switch).. And once there are only next-gen games, the Series S will completely own the price narrative..

All that said, it's still a gamble but I think it's a safe bet.. $299 is still a steep price for most but $199 hits "impulse buy" territory.. No other console is going to get there quicker by comparison..

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

What is de? Denmark or something, and this is the best the OP can do, meh pathetic even for cows low standards.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Eoten

@BassMan said:
@luxuryheart said:

You can claim Nintendo keeps reusing the same exclusives, but you cannot claim they are weak exclusives. People will buy a Switch just to play Mario, or just to play Mario Kart, or Smash. I don't think there's any one IP on any other system that people will buy a system specifically for, and Nintendo has many.

Developing good in house IPs and having a lineage of titles based around them is a big seller of consoles from one generation to the next. Considering Switch had been beating Sony and Microsoft in sales for years, it's working very well for them.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

not gonna be surprise if MS discontinue with xss. dont be a cheapskate when it comes to gaming.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BassMan  Online

@luxuryheart said:
@BassMan said:
@luxuryheart said:

You're thinking as a hardcore gamer though, not as any other gamer. People who are buying Nintendo console are Nintendo core fans and extreme casuals. Nintendo core fans are buying for franchises such as Zelda, Mario, Smash, Pokemon, etc. Extreme casuals are buying for Animal Crossing because that's one of the hottest social games. Plus any other Nintendo game that will attract them, such as Mario Kart. Mario Kart and Animal Crossing are games that appeal to extreme casuals. Like most people who aren't really gamers, I see them talking about various games: mobile games, Fortnite, Minecraft, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, etc.

This is why the Xbox vs Nintendo argument doesn't work because they're serving different audiences. It's also why gaming forums are so shocked at the performance of Nintendo games. They're so stuck in their own world that they can't fathom that not everyone wants the highest performing and most realistic game. Though to be fair, I do agree with gaming forums on certain things. No matter how much I enjoy Nintendo and the Switch, I'll be damned if I play Fortnite on that thing. lol. 30 fps? Nah.

I agree with what you are saying. However, when it comes to System Wars, the hardcore gamer perspective is what matters and not the filthy casuals. hehe :)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

Another day, another backfire....

:P

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@mowgly1: Finally some good news for Sony eh? One of ms’s consoles is in stock....in The Fatherland.

Strange the way Cow logic works.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13024 Posts

Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-S/dp/B08G9J44ZN/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=xbox%2Bseries%2Bs&qid=1618233483&rnid=2941120011&s=videogames&sr=1-9&th=1

Sold out.

Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xbox-series-x-and-s/xbox-series-x-and-s-consoles/pcmcat1586900952752.c?id=pcmcat1586900952752

Sold out.

Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series-S/606518560

Sold out.

Target:

https://www.target.com/p/xbox-series-s-console/-/A-80790842#lnk=sametab

Sold out.

Gamestop:

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/xbox-series-x/consoles/products/xbox-series-s-digital-edition/B224746K.html

Sold out.