Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#201 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39706 Posts

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

Who are those people? A mom buying it for her kid, sure. No way in hell do i see a normal dude getting this thing over the $400 ps5. Even a teenager that plays nothing else but Warzon will get the ps5 because all his youtube/twitch fans keep on talking about how important fps is.

If you have literally not a cent more than the cost of the S, you simply don't upgrade and keep on using your old shit. Its that simple.

The thing is sold out. People are buying. I know most on here still believe that the world revolves around their likes and dislikes but it doesn't.

Scalpers are still buying them to resell on facebook/kijiji/clist. And i imagine that some folks are desperate because they're unable to buy the ps5/x, so they get this thing instead.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#202 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70406 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Scalpers are still buying them to resell on facebook/kijiji/clist. And i imagine that some folks are desperate because they're unable to buy the ps5/x, so they get this thing instead.

Nonsense. Only legit PS owners are buying PS5/X, scalpers are a myth. 😉

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@techhog89 said:
@hardwenzen said:

The GPU is much weaker than their previous console from 2017. Who in their right mind would want a console like that?

I don't know where you're getting "much weaker" from. It's only very slightly weaker, but has more features and is cheaper. And then the CPU is like 5x faster, which was the major bottleneck last gen.

You logic should also mean that Switch should be failing, and yet it's on track to be one of the top 3 best selling consoles ever.

How many ~580p titles are on the X? Cuz the Series S has just came out and there's already titles running below 720p, which on its own is already a pathetic resiluton unless you have Nintendo grade specs.

I don't even know what games you're talking about, and either way it's irrelevant because it's running at higher settings than the One X otherwise. With high enough settings in some games even a 3080 can be brought to its knees.

tribesjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 tribesjah
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

@hardwenzen: What titles are running at 580p exactly that are optimized for Series S/X? This seems like an extremely disingenuous argument considering the only ones that would be running that badly (resolution wise) would be the older XOne titles that do not have series x/s optimization (or more specifically the ones that run as if they are running on an Xbox). You could use the same argument on the Sony system then and say Ps4 games running on PS5 at 720p makes the PS5 a 720p system. It's a stupid argument either way.

On a seperate note, I will say (if one is cash strapped and can only have one system) buying the Series S over the PS5 Digital does not make much sense. For only a $100 more you can get a more powerful system with double the ssd storage. The Series S is not as good of a price/performance as the other systems in my view. It's great as a secondary console (I am debating whether to get it or the XSX for my secondary room to replace XOneX, already have XSX and PS5 in main room) but as a main spending the extra $100 for the PS5 digital or even better extra $200 for XSX or PS5 Disc makes much more sense. Plus issue with digital only consoles is that you can only buy games from one place. Long term a Disc version would make much more sense especially if you are cash strapped since you would probably end up spending less on the game purchases overall.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By hardwenzen

@tribesjah: Oh yes, the "optimized for" card. The best excuse for games that run like shit on these so called next gen systems. And as soon as you'll get your "optimized for" game, if that game runs poorly, your next excusive will be "bu but it was poorly optimized because X dev is bad". The system is weak as shit. The only good part is its storage device 😱

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

@tribesjah: Oh yes, the "optimized for" card. The best excuse for games that run like shit on these so called next gen systems. And as soon as you'll get your "optimized for" game, if that game runs poorly, your next excusive will be "bu but it was poorly optimized because X dev is bad". The system is weak as shit. The only good part is its storage device 😱

I guess if you ignore the CPU you will have a point but that requires living in an alternative reality.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 hardwenzen

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

I guess if you ignore the CPU you will have a point but that requires living in an alternative reality.

I mean, the cpu is standard. Only the likes of Nintendo that are still generations behind when it comes to cpu's. The reason why i mentioned the SSD is because of its capacity. Offering the same speed and capacity in this cheap ass system was pretty good on MS part.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#208 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

@mowgly1: Of course you did, that's the whole point of your thread, to claim that the Series S some how failed.

The point people are making is, for it to fail using your logic, it would have to be in stock everywhere.

If your thread was "the series s failed in my country", then you might have an argument, but you are trying to make a blanket claim that it has failed in general.

It's failed, dude. Sales are slowing down and that's great. It shouldn't for a so called next-gen console, just 6 months after launch. Wii U didn't stopped selling too, but it failed. Hope now you get a point.

So you are mad that the Xbox Series S and X are sold out everywhere and they can't keep them in stock. Got it. But why does it upset you as a gamer that they are sold out all the time? And why does it bother you that MS confirmed that the Xbox Series is the best selling Xbox to date?

Did MS steal your wife? Did you get offended during a cuck session? There has to be a reason why you are always lying and upset.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1934 Posts

@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

@mowgly1: Of course you did, that's the whole point of your thread, to claim that the Series S some how failed.

The point people are making is, for it to fail using your logic, it would have to be in stock everywhere.

If your thread was "the series s failed in my country", then you might have an argument, but you are trying to make a blanket claim that it has failed in general.

It's failed, dude. Sales are slowing down and that's great. It shouldn't for a so called next-gen console, just 6 months after launch. Wii U didn't stopped selling too, but it failed. Hope now you get a point.

So you are mad that the Xbox Series S and X are sold out everywhere and they can't keep them in stock. Got it. But why does it upset you as a gamer that they are sold out all the time? And why does it bother you that MS confirmed that the Xbox Series is the best selling Xbox to date?

Did MS steal your wife? Did you get offended during a cuck session? There has to be a reason why you are always lying and upset.

To be fair, as a gamer, it is annoying when you can't buy the system because it's always out of stock. Though if someone doesn't care about Microsoft consoles, one has to wonder why it bothers them that Microsoft consoles are out of stock.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Again, which games are you talking about?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#211 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

This is what the cows say all the time. "bu bu bu its PS4 port (to PS5) that's why" and "bu bu bu no one has designed games for SSD yet".

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 hardwenzen

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

This is what the cows say all the time. "bu bu bu its PS4 port (to PS5) that's why" and "bu bu bu no one has designed games for SSD yet".

oh i know. that's why i've been saying that if returnal, a ps5 exclusive, is just another game with nothing special, then how is "bu but ps4 port" gonna work in the future?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

My goodness, the backfires are just too funny....

lol :P

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

oh i know. that's why i've been saying that if returnal, a ps5 exclusive, is just another game with nothing special, then how is "bu but ps4 port" gonna work in the future?

I was watching it on YouTube and it doesn't look like something the PS4 Pro couldn't do. I'm trying to watch this objectively. If you look at God of War and other PS4 games, this doesn't look better. Am I wrong?

Loading Video...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Pedro

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I was watching it on YouTube and it doesn't look like something the PS4 Pro couldn't do. I'm trying to watch this objectively. If you look at God of War and other PS4 games, this doesn't look better. Am I wrong?

Loading Video...

I would argue that there is currently no game that cannot be done on last gen systems.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 HalcyonScarlet

@Pedro said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Loading Video...

I would argue that there is currently no game that cannot be done on last gen systems.

I would not disagree. But apparently we're only allowed to "give developers time" when it comes to the SSD on the PS5.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Pedro

@HalcyonScarlet: It is the system wars, so factions agendas are the first thing that is pushed.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 HalcyonScarlet

@Pedro said:

@HalcyonScarlet: It is the system wars, so factions agendas are the first thing that is pushed.

I know, but that was a bit too much hypocrisy for me.

tribesjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By tribesjah

@HalcyonScarlet: Those that keep saying the PS5 SSD will make such a huge difference really do not understand how all this works. As someone who has been gaming using SSD's (SATA and NVME) for several years now (current rig has an intel 660p with R/W of 1800 and an XPG S40G with a R/W of 3500/3000) and although it makes a huge difference compared to regular HDD's, it wont be a night and day difference. You are still limited by how fast your CPU can process the data. A good way to look at it is this video below, which shows the loading time difference between HDD, SATA SSD (around 500Mbps read write), and an NVME SSD (around 3000 read/write). You will see that the difference between HDD and SATA SSD is massive, but the difference between SATA and NVME (in terms of loading times) is minimal (even though the NVME SSAD is 6x faster on paper). All these console kid's who do not understand the tech or lack experience with the tech parroting back marketing terms is just dumb imo.

Loading Video...

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@tribesjah said:

@HalcyonScarlet: Those that keep saying the PS5 SSD will make such a huge difference really do not understand how all this works. As someone who has been gaming using SSD's (SATA and NVME) for several years now (current rig has an intel 660p with R/W of 1800 and an XPG S40G with a R/W of 3500/3000) and although it makes a huge difference compared to regular HDD's, it wont be a night and day difference. You are still limited by how fast your CPU can process the data. A good way to look at it is this video below, which shows the loading time difference between HDD, SATA SSD (around 500Mbps read write), and an NVME SSD (around 3000 read/write). You will see that the difference between HDD and SATA SSD is massive, but the difference between SATA and NVME (in terms of loading times) is minimal (even though the NVME SSAD is 6x faster on paper). All these console kid's who do not understand the tech or lack experience with the tech parroting back marketing terms is just dumb imo.

Loading Video...

How is the HDD that slow? My 2TB WD Black connected to my Series S that is much faster than that.

That thing is going at the speed of the internal HDD on my Xbox 360 or the Xbox One when I had it.

tribesjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 tribesjah

@HalcyonScarlet: Honestly I do not think it is that slow (compared to other regular HDDs) its more of a perception thing. In these videos when you are just watching them and seeing the time to load, it seems longer than when you are playing (at least that my take on it), or conversely you are realizing how long it takes with a regular hdd compared to an SSD. Do wish SSDs were a little cheaper though since on my PC a large portion of my library is still loaded of a regular external hdd (have a 4tb external connected) so the 2tb ssd's (1tbx2) I have are allocated just to the OS and stuff I use most frequently

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#222 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@BassMan said:
@sakaixx said:

We really should stop buying last gen systems like the Series S.

If the sheep followed these rules, Nintendo wouldn't have sold any systems after the Gamecube. XSS is shit, but Nintendo hardware is even more shit.

Don't confuse hardware with technical specs. The Switch is an amazing device, but lacking in technical "power."

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 HalcyonScarlet

@tribesjah: might be right. On the PC I chose a 2TB WD Blue 2.5 5400rpm for gaming because it's a lot quieter. However, I'm using it with a 64GB SSD through intel rapid storage mode to increase performance. Its not a bad compromise. A full sized high performance HDD is loud. My Series S is silent but the HDD isn't. Not complaining about that though. Had the WD Black laying around, well worth the use. It's so fast on the console.

I wouldn't buy an expensive large SSD just for gaming personally.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#224  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

XSS isn't sold out everywhere. LOL. MS confirmed they had the best launch, not the sales later a 2 months after launch. And according to Zhuge, shipped XSeries numbers pales in comparison to shipped X1 numbers after 2 months. For around 500k units launch aligned.

tribesjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 tribesjah

@mowgly1: Please do show a few links to places where it is not sold out (and by that I mean actual retailers, not eBay or 3rd party sellers on Amazon scalping). Otherwise at this point I see a pathetic fan boy who can only afford one system capping on the others because he doesn't have them

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

XSS isn't sold out everywhere. LOL. MS confirmed they had the best launch, not the sales later a 2 months after launch. And according to Zhuge, shipped XSeries numbers pales in comparison to shipped X1 numbers after 2 months. For around 500k units launch aligned.

But it is sold out everywhere.

Zhuge? The same guy banned from Neogaf Zhuge? Zhuge? The same guy who just said this, lying through his teeth Zhuge? LOLOLOLOL.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 mowgly1

@x_hedon said:

But it is sold out everywhere.

Zhuge? The same guy banned from Neogaf Zhuge? Zhuge? The same guy who just said this, lying through his teeth Zhuge? LOLOLOLOL.

In stock for days, weeks... isn't sold out everywhere. In US is, not in the rest of the world. But US isn't = world

That guy isn't on GAF nor ERA. Yes, last-gen was decided already in 2013. He wasn't wrong either about that. LOLOL

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Pedro

@mowgly1: I enjoy watching you violently grasp at straws. 😂

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 KvallyX

@mowgly1: he was really big at gaf until he was banned lol. Why do you lie?

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 mowgly1

@x_hedon said:

He was banned because self promotion. That is forbidden there.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

You obviously don't even know who he is lol!! He was banned 4 times with the last straw being a perma ban.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/eurogamer-sonys-psn-made-more-money-than-all-of-nintendo-last-fiscal-year.1212815/page-4#post-202187781

You should checkout neogaf some day. I am sad to say, almost 20 years for me there so far.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#232  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@x_hedon: Enough! Stop beating a man when he’s down....you’ve owned his butt, but do you really need to prove him wrong time and time again?

If you scare this troll away like quack, tormented and the rest of their ilk, what fun will we have any more?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 KvallyX

@sealionact: sorry 😞

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By mowgly1
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

You obviously don't even know who he is lol!! He was banned 4 times with the last straw being a perma ban.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/eurogamer-sonys-psn-made-more-money-than-all-of-nintendo-last-fiscal-year.1212815/page-4#post-202187781

You should checkout neogaf some day. I am sad to say, almost 20 years for me there so far.

I know who he is. He also abandoned ERA because he can't be there and provide numbers as analyst at Nyko patners. Btw. he also hinted numerous times NPD hardware numbers even if NPD analyst Matt Piscatella was there too i he was never wrong. So, yeah, he has some insight in sales data.

@sealionact said:

@x_hedon: Enough! Stop beating a man when he’s down....you’ve owned his butt, but do you really need to prove him wrong time and time again?

If you scare this troll away like quack, tormented and the rest of their ilk, what fun will we have any more?

Owned me? LOL. You are just salty because Xbox Series isn't selling better than PS5 or especially Xbone. Poor Xseries. I mean, you Xbox fans, are salty since 2013. I'm glad that Nintendo and Sony are demolishing XSeries in sales. That's awesome

Shit man. Wonder why Amazon.de is offering XSS at 23€ lower price ( the lowest yet ). It was back in stock few days ago. Probably there is less and less demand for it

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 sealionact

@mowgly1: Yes, you’ve nailed it. I can’t sleep because one mega corporation that I don’t have stocks in is selling more consoles than another mega corporation’s that I equally don’t have stocks in.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

I know who he is. He also abandoned ERA because he can't be there and provide numbers as analyst at Nyko patners. Btw. he also hinted numerous times NPD hardware numbers even if NPD analyst Matt Piscatella was there too i he was never wrong. So, yeah, he has some insight in sales data.

@sealionact said:

Owned me? LOL. You are just salty because Xbox Series isn't selling better than PS5 or especially Xbone. Poor Xseries. I mean, you Xbox fans, are salty since 2013. I'm glad that Nintendo and Sony are demolishing XSeries in sales. That's awesome

Shit man. Wonder why Amazon.de is offering XSS at 23€ lower price ( the lowest yet ). It was back in stock few days ago. Probably there is less and less demand for it

Sounds like you are pissed that the Switch is absolutely curb stomping the PS5 in sales. Hard to believe in just 4 years the Switch will be at 100 million. 4 more years and a price drop, we are looking at 200 million. Holy ****!

As a PS/Nintendo/Xbox gamer, I am super pumped that Xbox is breaking records, PS is breaking records and Nintendo is breaking records. I win as a multiplatform gamer!

You clearly don't know who he is, lol! Nice try at google searching him though. You failed.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 mowgly1

@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:

@sealionact said:

Sounds like you are pissed that the Switch is absolutely curb stomping the PS5 in sales. Hard to believe in just 4 years the Switch will be at 100 million. 4 more years and a price drop, we are looking at 200 million. Holy ****!

As a PS/Nintendo/Xbox gamer, I am super pumped that Xbox is breaking records, PS is breaking records and Nintendo is breaking records. I win as a multiplatform gamer!

You clearly don't know who he is, lol! Nice try at google searching him though. You failed.

Me pissed about Switch sales better than PS5 sales. LOL. Never said that not never implied that. Looks like XSeries isn't breaking records in console sales, especially it pales to poor Xbone. And that's good for the industry. I know who Zhuge is.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 sealionact

@mowgly1: Take a Break. You’ve been dragged and you’re rattled. In fact the last time I saw somebody as dragged as you, he was on RuPauls drag show.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 mowgly1

@sealionact:

LOL

You, Xbox fans can't catch a break since 2013.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 HalcyonScarlet

Lol, this thread has been flopping for over 2 weeks. Embarrassing for TC. 😂

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Poo TC...

Like a fish outta water. lol :P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

@sealionact said:

Me pissed about Switch sales better than PS5 sales. LOL. Never said that not never implied that. Looks like XSeries isn't breaking records in console sales, especially it pales to poor Xbone. And that's good for the industry. I know who Zhuge is.

So you are pissed that PS, Xbox and Nintendo are all breaking records. Got it. It's ok, let us multiplatform gamers talk games. You can go and console warrior at IGN. Much more fitting for you.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

How the heck am I still unable to pick up a Series X?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

Because you haven't gone to a store? They are easy to find. You may even find them discounted already.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Pedro

@NathanDrakeSwag: Share the link to these easy to find Series X. 😂🤣

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#246 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Can't believe this thread is still going.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 mowgly1

@x_hedon said:

So you are pissed that PS, Xbox and Nintendo are all breaking records. Got it. It's ok, let us multiplatform gamers talk games. You can go and console warrior at IGN. Much more fitting for you.

In bunch of my posts in this thread i've said how Nintendo and Sony are demolishing Xbox. That's good. XSS is crap and sales is slowing down for that console and that's good. That's awesome actually. What the hell you trying to spin, Xbox fan.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By KvallyX

@mowgly1: ah so you are mad that the Switch is demolishing the PS5 in sales. Like not even funny demolishing.

For us gamers it’s great that the Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo are breaking records.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@shellcase86 said:

Because you haven't gone to a store? They are easy to find. You may even find them discounted already.

Nice jokes!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11270 Posts

@x_hedon said:

@mowgly1: ah so you are mad that the Switch is demolishing the PS5 in sales. Like not even funny demolishing.

For us gamers it’s great that the Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo are breaking records.

On what planet is Xbox breaking any kind of record? It sure isn't this one. We haven't heard any kind of sales milestone about them since they launched.